UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stephan Bonnar support thread....

3/12/13 11:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jill Laz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JkdSam -
Jill Laz - 
JkdSam -
Jill Laz - 
JkdSam -

He got busted twice - and this last time, he was busted using Drostanolone,

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/5/3602324/ufc-stephan-bonnar-positive-test-mentality-steroid-user-mma-news

Drostanolone, the drug Bonnar failed for this time, is primarily a drug used in weightlifting sports. It allows one to maintain their muscle size and strength while dropping weight, and helps in ridding the body of some water weight.

His excuse is a lie. He's a liar, and a cheater. Tough fighter that's fun to watch...but a lying cheater none the less.

This should be an Anderson Silva appreciation thread imo because Silva was the one who fought and beat the cheater.

Wow it must be scary sitting up on that high horse...I hope you dole out your "opinions" evenly and feel the same about every fighter that are What we're your words again? Oh yeah "Cheaters and Liars" do you even fight? Phone Post

Strawman argument much?

But, to answer your first question, yes, I do hold all fighters to the same standards when it comes to using performance enhancing drugs.

Now, how about you answer this for me? If he got caught using something that would allow him to fight better against Anderson Silva - and it was the second time he's been busted in his career - would that not make him a cheater? Possibly even a habitual cheater? And, if his excuse for getting caught this last time was that he was using PEDs to help with injuries, but we later find out that what he was using is used to help cut weight while retaining strength - would you not say that he is misrepresenting the real reasons he was using?

But, you'll keep on with the strawman arguments, won't you? Or possibly splitting hairs to keep from admitting the obvious truth in front of you?

Wow, your so precise in answering each question in order but its interesting that you left out the question about "are you a fighter or have you played any high level sports"...a lot of guys in the UG are some type of fighter or have participated in high level sports so therefore can have some type of empathy or understanding that desk jockeys may not So why don't you crawl off the high horse buddy.. I have a lot of respect for most of the guys in here and I've learned much about MMA and about particular fighters but the biggest lesson is if a guy gives his heart and soul in the cage everytime like Bonnar the guys in here are willing to try to understand there downfalls Phone Post

So you're problem with my posts is that I don't feel sorry enough for him? And you answered zero of my questions after I answered yours? Scram troll!

Scram troll unbelievable if that's what u got out of what I said than I'm waisting my words your just like some of these guys that think they know it all from behind there desk Phone Post
3/12/13 11:29 PM
PeteyWheatstraw
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even Bonnar probably would admit he doesn't deserve support and respect from the fight world for a while. Sounds like he just wants to lay low.

You guys want to give him e-hugs, more power to you. Doesn't change that he messed up and he knows it.

It was a ridiculous match up to begin with, then he came in looking way bigger and more ripped than ever. Flexing for the camera and smiling. But he was in such bad physical shape he needed the special healing roids to function? The whole thing is an embarrassment.
3/13/13 4:58 AM
GrotesK

Backed.. Better commentator than Kenny Florian also.. give him a job Dana!
3/13/13 5:02 AM
ChaosOverkill
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dissapointed in him but always a fan

3/13/13 5:05 AM
Standup29

Soup and Beer -

He kind of throws that out the window by deciding to roid on his last fight out.  I guess he figured he had no reprecussions if caught because a suspension wouldnt mean anything.

Or if you listen to how it went down he didn't roid because a suspension didn't mean anything. He stopped before he was offered the fight and there was no benefit to take steroids when he had to cut weight.

Judge him by what he took but let's be real on the timeline and circumstance.

Cheating is wrong for sure. Bonner took steroids thinking he wasn't going to be fighting and was more or less retired. He owned up and was honest. His attitude more than enough makes up for his lack of judgment as far as im concerned. Phone Post
3/13/13 5:24 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UnderTheClock - 

The depiction above of drostanolone (Masteron) as strictly a cutting agent is not accurate. That is often how it was used when it was very rare and expensive, but it is now used as a bulking agent too. It is sought after because it has less estrogenic effects. No bitch tits, no water retention, no high blood pressure, less usage of trenbolone in a stack, less liver toxicity and quicker return to natural test production. So it's good for healing and building tissue, not just preserving while cutting. Therefore, using Masteron doesn't mean he was lying about why he was using.

Fuck right off with your facts and logic. This is the kick-Stephan-Bonnar-while-he's-down thread.
3/13/13 7:18 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always a fan. Smart guy, He'll land on his feet

3/13/13 7:20 AM
Blazing Knees

Signed
3/13/13 9:48 AM
Jill Laz

wigwam - Respect! To Bonnar and you too ABE. Anyone in here hating, its called the Stephan Bonnar support thread so please, go fuck yourself. Phone Post
This :) Phone Post
3/13/13 10:56 AM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you guys would all be showing the same respect for bonnar and praising him for being a warrior if he had beaten silva and pissed hot, right?? Phone Post
3/13/13 11:43 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Bonnar

3/13/13 11:48 AM
Paka Ono
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing but respect for Bonnar!

3/13/13 12:54 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect, and for what it's worth, i also thought he won that first fight against Griffin. Phone Post
3/13/13 1:35 PM
Kobayashi

He got caught, by he's suffered enough, forgiveness is everything he should have a place in the UFC for life. Phone Post
3/13/13 6:14 PM
Chicago Bum
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He fucked up, but the UFC cannot forget that bonnar is the main reason they are a billion dollar company today. Bonnar is a true fighter underneath all his mistakes, and deserves forgiveness from the ufc brass. Phone Post
3/13/13 6:30 PM
JkdSam

da Vinci 81 -  So you guys would all be showing the same respect for bonnar and praising him for being a warrior if he had beaten silva and pissed hot, right?? Phone Post

/thread

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.