UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hunt: I just wasn't happy; Dana sorted it out

3/11/13 10:23 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I had a few discrepancies about the way I was being treated and stuff," Hunt revealed when asked about his conversation with White on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

"I just wasn't happy with some of the things that were getting done here. As an employee of a company, I shouldn't be treated the way I was being treated. I didn't think it was fair.

"Dana listened to what I had to say, which was pretty cool," Hunt continued. "I voiced my opinions about different things that I wasn't happy about, and now I'm [happy]. He said, ‘You know, I can't fix the problem if I don't what the problem is.' He's being pushed so many places because he's got a big company. But I said, you know, being the boss of the company should know what goes on. I was happy he listened and then he fixed the problem. It was good. He's a good person. He listened to what I had to say and sorted it out, so it was fine."

read entire article...

3/11/13 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JROTT
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And everyone was all over Dana saying what an ass he was...

including myself Phone Post
3/11/13 10:27 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, thanks Dana!
3/11/13 10:27 PM
Paradiso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aren't things like extra tickets to the event and hotel rooms for fighters and corner men included in their contract?  Shouldn't those issues have been discussed before Hunt signed a Zuffa contract?  Hunt has been fighting for a long time, he should have known those issues before he signed the contract. 

3/11/13 10:28 PM
Mihow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ "I'm your Huckleberry, baby"

that was gold
3/11/13 10:32 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paradiso - 

Aren't things like extra tickets to the event and hotel rooms for fighters and corner men included in their contract?  Shouldn't those issues have been discussed before Hunt signed a Zuffa contract?  Hunt has been fighting for a long time, he should have known those issues before he signed the contract. 

When he was coming of a single win over Chris Tuchscherer, he had to take what they would give him. Now that he's on a four fight streak, is a top 10 fighter, and is helping the company out when they're in a pinch, he's now in a position to ask for things like that. He's hardly asking for Anderson Silva money either.

I don't blame him and it sounds like Dana did right by him and things got straightened out.

Should be water under the bridge at this point.
3/11/13 10:32 PM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt is so short and to the point. Tells it like it is.

I wish he would've voiced the problems, but it's understandable that he didn't.

3/11/13 10:34 PM
GROUNDnLB
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Hunt is so short and to the point. Tells it like it is.

I wish he would've voiced the problems, but it's understandable that he didn't.

His interviews post fight are epic. :) Phone Post
3/11/13 10:35 PM
Paradiso

Chromium - 
Paradiso - 

When he was coming of a single win over Chris Tuchscherer, he had to take what they would give him. Now that he's on a four fight streak, is a top 10 fighter, and is helping the company out when they're in a pinch, he's now in a position to ask for things like that. He's hardly asking for Anderson Silva money either.

I don't blame him and it sounds like Dana did right by him and things got straightened out.

Should be water under the bridge at this point.

Without knowing all the details, it does seem like he isn't asking for much.  But my problem is, if you sign a contract, you should fulfill the terms of the contract.  If he or his management were willing to pass on a fight with JDS over extra tickets and hotel rooms, they should have worked it into his contract.

3/11/13 10:36 PM
Paradiso

Edited: 03/11/13 10:36 PM

3/11/13 10:38 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All you Dana haters and Bellator bitches can suck it. Dana made this fight happen and it's the fight the UG wanted to see. Phone Post
3/11/13 10:51 PM
MagSlim

He's got a huge fan base and he's been working it. You know he didn't want to get on the UG and Twitter but they asked him to and he hit a homerun.

That's what Dana and them want to see too. It's not all about being Nick Diaz, you can be Shane Carwin or Pat Barry and still earn a great check for the company and yourself.
3/11/13 11:02 PM
UGCTT_granite007
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana will pass from a heart attack. Too much stress for one man.

If you havent met Dana, don't let what a few goofs here say, sway your opinion on the man.  Meet him, first. He's a good guy.

3/11/13 11:11 PM
orcus

"Lol @ this. The back room bonuses are done to cheat taxes,"

So you're saying they are never reported? It's just a briefcase full of bills he hands over?

3/11/13 11:26 PM
slamming

RyannVonDoom - 
FinestScotch -
RyannVonDoom - 
vaginal tear - All you Dana haters and Bellator bitches can suck it. Dana made this fight happen and it's the fight the UG wanted to see. Phone Post
Lol okay.

Dana did something right, good on him for doing the right thing.. Now if only he did that all the time without having to be forced to fucking do it. It's called integrity, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking. Phone Post

That's why Dana makes sure EVERY SINGLE backroom bonus paid to the fighters is publicized and celebrated.

Because every time he does something for a fighter, he wants praise and adoration. Also, he really cares about your opinion.

Oh wait.

Lol @ this. The back room bonuses are done to cheat taxes, and not all fighters get them. You and the rest of the zuffa schills are falling hook, line and sinker for them "being given to all fighters in the back." Lol Phone Post

Dont be a fucking dolt. Please elaborate how they "cheat taxes". I'd love to read your explanation.
3/11/13 11:29 PM
Alumynabjj

slamming -
RyannVonDoom - 
FinestScotch -
RyannVonDoom - 
vaginal tear - All you Dana haters and Bellator bitches can suck it. Dana made this fight happen and it's the fight the UG wanted to see. Phone Post
Lol okay.

Dana did something right, good on him for doing the right thing.. Now if only he did that all the time without having to be forced to fucking do it. It's called integrity, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking. Phone Post

That's why Dana makes sure EVERY SINGLE backroom bonus paid to the fighters is publicized and celebrated.

Because every time he does something for a fighter, he wants praise and adoration. Also, he really cares about your opinion.

Oh wait.

Lol @ this. The back room bonuses are done to cheat taxes, and not all fighters get them. You and the rest of the zuffa schills are falling hook, line and sinker for them "being given to all fighters in the back." Lol Phone Post

Dont be a fucking dolt. Please elaborate how they "cheat taxes". I'd love to read your explanation.
He's a dolt. That is the explanation. Phone Post
3/11/13 11:30 PM
slamming

orcus - 

So you're saying they are never reported? It's just a briefcase full of bills he hands over?

RyannVonDoom
3/11/13 11:33 PM
Bad Monkey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh fuck, RVD!!!

When you grow up the UG will sit you down and have a little talk with you about how the world works.

3/11/13 11:34 PM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President
orcus - 

I dunno about anybody else, but every time i have fought i was praying for a bonus cause it was not something the UFC was contracted to get me..

and Dana sent me 25k in the mail every single time, i get to feed my daughter thanks to DW.

And I plan on repaying him with a big W in my next fight :)
3/11/13 11:34 PM
time traveling 12er
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's actually an anchaic loophole in the tax law that allows for in person cash bonuses to not be recorded for tax purposes.  It was written in to the tax code so that small companies could give out performance bonuses on the fly without having to go through lots of red tape.  The problem is that large private companies can also qualify for this exemption because the tax law was vaguely written.  The only stipulation is that the money must fit in a larg burlap sack with a dollar bill sign on it.

3/11/13 11:47 PM
dfw jr
1639 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why all the anger on this thread. The fight is made and Mark is pumped and happy. Thanks Ian I look forward to it !!! Phone Post
3/11/13 11:47 PM
dfw jr
1639 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calm the fuck down UG!!!!! :) Phone Post
3/11/13 11:48 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Why all the anger on this thread. The fight is made and Mark is pumped and happy. Thanks Ian I look forward to it !!! Phone Post
RVD happened. Phone Post
3/11/13 11:50 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
FinestScotch -
RyannVonDoom - 
Lol okay.

Oh wait.

Obvious CPA is obvious

3/11/13 11:50 PM
Alumynabjj

vaginal tear - 
dfw jr - Why all the anger on this thread. The fight is made and Mark is pumped and happy. Thanks Ian I look forward to it !!! Phone Post
RVD happened. Phone Post

Fucking exactly. Dana you have been around long enough now to know this shit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.