UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Diaz should be 'respected'

3/11/13 10:52 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
909 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I know these guys are great mixed martial artists, and I think that's the point Nick was trying to make," Gracie said. "He deserves this fight as a martial artist and that's very important to him. And, a lot of people, Nick expresses himself a little bit differently than some, so, it's kind of hard to follow if you're not used to that. But I think what he's trying to say is that he should be respected as a martial artist and so forth and that's why he's actually going to be in this fight.

"It's not because of way he portrayed him as a bad guy in these videos as he was portrayed to hype the fight up,"Gracie continued. "I think he wasn't too pleased with that. So I really don't think he was trying to put GSP down. He was trying to clarify himself. But, you know, like I said, Nick expresses himself a little bit differently, and then you've got GSP whose English is not a first language, so it became kind of funny as it spiraled out of control a little bit, and these guys started to get angry a little bit."

read entire article...

3/11/13 10:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is 100% correct. GSP was hearing 'motherfucker' and assuming Nick was trying to insult him, not to mention the fact that Nick was interrupting him continuously. Nick never said anything that was intentionally disrespectful, though.
3/11/13 10:59 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2-0-9 fo life. If you want sum, come get sum.

3/11/13 11:01 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt.  You'd have to be a retard not to respect this guy.

3/11/13 11:03 PM
32Hunter

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan -  I agree 100%, Cesar. Phone Post

^that.
3/11/13 11:04 PM
32Hunter

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

No doubt.  You'd have to be a retard not to respect this guy.

voted up.
3/11/13 11:07 PM
pennviachoke
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree Phone Post
3/12/13 12:23 AM
edward nigma
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hespect him
3/12/13 12:31 AM
OGT
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well said, kind of always been my viewpoint when hearing him talk.
3/12/13 12:33 AM
yellow wrkahlc

I respect him, and understand that he's just a different kind of fighter/person. He doesn't like the spotlight and that's totally fine.

That being said, I wish he'd take the business side of things more seriously. 

3/12/13 12:43 AM
Clarence Parents
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

I respect him, and understand that he's just a different kind of fighter/person. He doesn't like the spotlight and that's totally fine.

For someone who doesn't like the spotlight he sure does a hell of a good job taking all of the spotlight.
3/12/13 12:59 AM
yellow wrkahlc

Clarence Parents - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

For someone who doesn't like the spotlight he sure does a hell of a good job taking all of the spotlight.

3/12/13 12:59 AM
kinson

Nick should act like he has respect for the company he fights for and his opponent before anyone should give him respect. Flipping his opponent off during a fight or talking trash doesn't earn anyone respect. Phone Post
3/12/13 1:01 AM
semtex0809

Nick is a well known og in da hood & agree with Cesar Phone Post
3/12/13 1:06 AM
yellow wrkahlc

kinson -  Nick should act like he has respect for the company he fights for and his opponent before anyone should give him respect. Flipping his opponent off during a fight or talking trash doesn't earn anyone respect. Phone Post

But it earns fans.

And everyone knows that if you have fans, you win

3/12/13 1:09 AM
gusto

The middle fingers of NickDiaz - Nick Diaz is awesome and his FIGHTING SKILLS should be respected by all, name ONE fight he was in, that he won, that was boring... YOU CAN'T

The only "boring" fights he's been in is when hes been taken down repeatedly. I'm not complaining though, its part of MMA.

And I do like GSP, I just want Diaz to win for sure

nice join date and capitalization
3/12/13 1:16 AM
norcalmma
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinson -  Nick should act like he has respect for the company he fights for and his opponent before anyone should give him respect. Flipping his opponent off during a fight or talking trash doesn't earn anyone respect. Phone Post

Me and you have two completely different criteria for respecting fighters.

3/12/13 1:18 AM
semtex0809

yellow wrkahlc -

But it earns fans.

Hell yea !! Phone Post
3/12/13 1:19 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan -
Clarence Parents -
yellow wrkahlc - 

Show some respect, bro Phone Post
Not everyone's idea of respect involves sacking on another person's nuts Phone Post
3/12/13 1:46 AM
kinson

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan -
kinson - Nick should act like he has respect for the company he fights for and his opponent before anyone should give him respect. Flipping his opponent off during a fight or talking trash doesn't earn anyone respect. Phone Post
I see a frozen future for you Phone Post
?

Not sure how to respond. Phone Post
3/12/13 1:46 AM
kinson

yellow wrkahlc -

But it earns fans.

I can respect that. Well said. Phone Post
3/12/13 1:49 AM
kinson

norcalmma -

Me and you have two completely different criteria for respecting fighters.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

I've never thought nick was a poor fighter. Just don't agree with the way he conducts himself sonetimes. I believe respect needs to be earned and in my opinion nick hasn't earned it. Phone Post
3/12/13 5:57 AM
Dmoney35

everyone respects Diaz for his fighting skills it's all the other stupid shit he does that pisses folks off. he loses respect because people see him wasting such amazing gifts with poor life choices. Very frustrating for fight fans. Phone Post
3/12/13 7:47 AM
6ULDV8
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Nick Diaz.   He's just awesome.

3/12/13 7:55 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody respects his as a martial artist. The dude is talented as fuck.

But why can't Caesar talk with him a little bit so that he can make a coherent statement once in a while. Media training is usally something to be avoided with professional athletes. With Nick Diaz this is clearly not the case. Come on Caesar,protect your boy a little for his own sake. He comes across as a total dummy while this is clearly not the case and these types of situations are avoidable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.