UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Question about kid's ranks

3/13/13 8:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sir Taps
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - Usually, I like to start kids in the traditional Shendokai program so they learn proper Master-Student dynamics (focus, total obedience, how to make my snacks, etc)

But this kid is talented --his dad is a very rich plastic surgeon-- so I think we'll go right to KaJuShenBo, with a "Black Diamond Elite" or "Black Diamond Titanium Plus" membership package.

Ah ok, the "Lil' Ballers" program, where students learn how to make their first stack. Nice.

James
3/13/13 9:16 PM
JSho
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sir Taps - 
shen - Usually, I like to start kids in the traditional Shendokai program so they learn proper Master-Student dynamics (focus, total obedience, how to make my snacks, etc)

But this kid is talented --his dad is a very rich plastic surgeon-- so I think we'll go right to KaJuShenBo, with a "Black Diamond Elite" or "Black Diamond Titanium Plus" membership package.

Ah ok, the "Lil' Ballers" program, where students learn how to make their first stack. Nice.

James

IBJJF states

- In order to be graded purple belt at 16 years of age it is required that the athlete has spent at least 2 years as a green belt
- In order to be graded purple belt at 17 years of age it is required that the athlete has spent at least 1 year as a green belt and 1 year as blue belt
- In case an athlete is graded from green belt straight to purple belt, then the minimum time required before he can be awarded the brown belt is 2 years
- In order to be graded black belt at 19 years of age it is required that the athlete has spent at least 1 year as a brown belt
3/13/13 9:19 PM
JSho
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lil Ballers program states:

- In order to be graded purple belt at 16 years of age it is required that the athlete has spent at least $3,000 with Grandmaster Shen in the past Financial Year
- In order to be graded purple belt at 17 years of age it is required that the athlete has spent at least $2,000 with GM Shen in the past Financial Year, have made a donation to GM Shen's private "Eternal Youth" stem cell bank and have a solid credit rating
- In case an athlete is graded from green belt straight to purple belt, then the minimum $ spend before reaching brown belt is $5,000
- In order to be graded black belt at 19 years of age it is required that the athlete has spent at least $12,000 with GM Shen and have signed over rights to 1st born child.
3/13/13 9:21 PM
shen
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 9:30 PM
^ Yep, Full disclosure... that's what sets the Lil' Ballers program apart from the others.
3/14/13 1:56 AM
pursuitofhappiness
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id Ask him if he wants to stay at yellow till blue, or to be say a 2 stripe white (or however many stripes you think he should be in adult ranking)
3/14/13 2:03 AM
omoplautistic
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - ^ Yep, Full disclosure... that's what sets the Lil' Ballers program apart from the others.
I wanted to inquire about your "big Ballers" program. I always thought it was just a painful, painful medical condition, but now I learn that I might be special?

Please let me know! Phone Post
3/15/13 2:03 AM
truehonor
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - 
truehonor - I don't understand any of this. I thought you had your own belt system?

This is for BJJ, not for KaJuShenBo.

KaJuShenBo is taught ONLY to those who have the talent & dedication to purchase a "Black Diamond Elite" membership.

For the "regular" BJJ classes like his, I usually just put on an instructional dvd and catch a nap.

Thank you for the clarification.....and I trust you are a seasoned and astute enough businessman to be taking that DVD nap in the comfort of your own home while a (uncompensated' of course) blue belt is conducting those classes for you at your school.
3/17/13 6:06 PM
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "Shen-anigans" are fast approaching critical mass on this thread.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.