UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: Nick Diaz has to be at the press conference

3/13/13 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 3:58 PM

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/13/4100190/dana-white-nick-diaz-wanted-to-fight-georges-st-pierre-in-hotel

"If (Diaz) does not show up tomorrow for the press conference, it's not going to be good," White said. "I don't know what to say, or what's going to happen, but let me tell you what, it will not be good."

"Yeah if he wins, you know, we are seriously going to have to have a ‘Come to Jesus' meeting, you know what I mean? I don't know, we'll see man."

"If he wins the title, he's going to have to come to Vegas, and we're going to have to sit down and we did this already when he signed the new deal. I'm going to have to tell him, if you miss anything, I will strip you of the title. I don't know what else to do. I really don't know what else to do."
3/13/13 2:19 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure he'll show.

Meaning I won't be surprised if he doesn't.

3/13/13 2:20 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

Or he will be pulled from the fight according to Dana on the Jim Rome show.

I don't remember him saying he would pull him from the fight. Just that he would be sorry if he didn't show up.

3/13/13 2:26 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO - No way dana does that Phone Post
He already did it....

GSP/Hendricks
Diaz/Condit 2 Phone Post
3/13/13 2:27 PM
Rear Naked Chode
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, he does have a couple top welterweights ready to go.
3/13/13 2:28 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
He already did it....

GSP/Hendricks
Diaz/Condit 2 Phone Post

here we go

3/13/13 2:33 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick no-shows press conference. #GSPsDarkPlace

3/13/13 2:35 PM
Rear Naked Chode
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
He already did it....

GSP/Hendricks
Diaz/Condit 2 Phone Post

here we go

Sauce????????????
3/13/13 2:35 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO - Only thing that matters is the fight not a dumb press conference. Phone Post
Dana is in the fight selling business . That means they have to promote it. Diaz only got the fight because they thought it would sell, if he refuses to promote it what's the point?

He also doesn't want a precedence set that you can do whatever you want and tell the UFC to go eff themselves over these type of things. Phone Post
3/13/13 2:36 PM
lookoutawhale
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the press conference is going to be shown live on sportsnet in canada. Failure to show up would be quite a big hit media wise to market the fight in Canada.

3/13/13 2:39 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode -
SubbedZER0 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
He already did it....

GSP/Hendricks
Diaz/Condit 2 Phone Post

here we go

Sauce????????????
No he "did" it as in UFC 137

We could see the same thing Saturday.

He'd follow the same format as UFC 137 Phone Post
3/13/13 2:41 PM
Aaron Becker

TOAO -  Only thing that matters is the fight not a dumb press conference. Phone Post

what's so hard about showing up?
3/13/13 2:41 PM
Rear Naked Chode

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Rear Naked Chode -
SubbedZER0 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
He already did it....

GSP/Hendricks
Diaz/Condit 2 Phone Post

here we go

Sauce????????????
No he "did" it as in UFC 137

We could see the same thing Saturday.

He'd follow the same format as UFC 137 Phone Post

You sunnuvabitch, you know what you did there.
3/13/13 2:45 PM
Team GDP
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick has already sold this ppv. i mean look how many people were talking about the conference call last week. i mean look how many people are talking about him missing the open workouts. i know i'll be tuning in to the press conference tomorrow.

Team GDP
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also if nick no-shows tomorrow i dont think they can change the fight this late in the game

supersonic
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana shoul get his ego (never going to happen) out of the equation and not back himself in corners

It's not about him. It's about a fight that we all want to see go down

And truth be told Diaz no showing for some of this build up and the overall enigmatic way about him could be used to sell and promote this fight better than if he toed the line.

3/13/13 2:47 PM
Herman Munster

Team GDP - 

nick has already sold this ppv. i mean look how many people were talking about the conference call last week. i mean look how many people are talking about him missing the open workouts. i know i'll be tuning in to the press conference tomorrow.

GSP has already sold every PPV.  He is the biggest PPV draw in the sport, not Nick Diaz, don't kid yourself kid.

3/13/13 2:48 PM
awesomestprime
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP - 

WTF?

Nobody is talking about this fight outside of MMA news/boards and the typical PR work done by Zuffa. The main stream media isn't paying any attention to this fight.

LOL @ Nick selling this fight.
3/13/13 2:53 PM
6ULDV8
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No he won't.  Nick will come to fight and that's what matters, and DFW knows it unless his Muniere's has made him completely devoid of reality.

If DFW pulls Diaz from this fight for not doing the prancing pony show that doesn't matter one lick when they step in the cage, I'm done with humanity, MMA, and this site.

It would mean the end.  The end of everything that mattered ever.

When the promotion means more than the show, the show's gotta go.

Methinks DFW's a fuck of a lot smarter than me and knows this to a T.  What's up G?

4 more sleeps!  It should be 3.5 more sleeps but I'm so excited for this fight I keep reading threads like this and posting, and staying up because I wonder what everyone else has to say.

Goosebumps motherfucker!  Do you have them?

3/13/13 2:57 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

redplayer50 - how does the press conference have anything to do with selling the fight though? people buy it from the commercials or because they are fans of the sport and they look forward to the events, follow whats happening, and know the fighters.

i may be wrong but it seems to me all that comes from these press conferences is sites like bleacher report, etc, other 'mma news' sites with a lot of very shitty, to be blunt, articles do some decent pieces where they occasionally take some controversial quotes and thats it. the rest gets watched by maybe a few hundred very dedicated fans.

"People buy it from........follow what's happening, and know the fighters."

How does a press conference not have anything to do with that. Also there's a lot more than a couple hundred people that tune into these.

This argument is pretty much as relevant as expecting to be right when you get a speeding ticket and giving legitimate reasons why the speed limit should be higher. You don't have the power to do that, either follow the rules or move to someplace different.
3/13/13 3:06 PM
ShaqNoob
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
TOAO - Only thing that matters is the fight not a dumb press conference. Phone Post
Dana is in the fight selling business . That means they have to promote it. Diaz only got the fight because they thought it would sell, if he refuses to promote it what's the point?

He also doesn't want a precedence set that you can do whatever you want and tell the UFC to go eff themselves over these type of things. Phone Post

Nick no showing is causing way more attention than GSP's rehashed responses at every conference/interview.
3/13/13 3:07 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 3:27 PM
TTT
3/13/13 3:09 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

redplayer50 - ok i dont understand the speeding ticket thing but what im saying is people who are fans of the sport Know the fighters from Past Fights not from press conferences and they follow whats happening by reading up on when the next events are or seeing commercials in which they show highlights from past fights not press conferences

Just saying the reasons are irrelevant when you are an employee. It's not asking much.

The rest is all your unquantified opinion. Unless you have experience in broadcast TV, a multi-million dollar fight promotion, or 500k+ PPV operations, let's stick to being MMA fans and leave the armchair business credentials at home.
3/13/13 3:10 PM
lookoutawhale
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

redplayer50 - how does the press conference have anything to do with selling the fight though? people buy it from the commercials or because they are fans of the sport and they look forward to the events, follow whats happening, and know the fighters.

i may be wrong but it seems to me all that comes from these press conferences is sites like bleacher report, etc, other 'mma news' sites with a lot of very shitty, to be blunt, articles do some decent pieces where they occasionally take some controversial quotes and thats it. the rest gets watched by maybe a few hundred very dedicated fans.

Similar to the open workout It is something for the papers to write about and get pictures for. The news and sports shows will then recap what happened at the press conference in combination with all the pre fight interviews. The newspapers and media get to ask questions that they will relay on their website or show etc. Its basically just marketing the fight as much as you can. Us hardcore fans dont care but theres tons of casual fans who dont post on forums that get all their information from the news (tv and paper)

thats why its important for nick to show up. The casual fan has no idea who he is as they dont watch strikeforce and proelite etc. This will be their chance to get an intro.

3/13/13 3:10 PM
6ULDV8

4:00 - Diaz Brothers

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.