UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Recommended nutrition guides/books?

3/13/13 3:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
A_Butler
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm back in college and time for bjj has gone out the window. However, I now have time to lift and concentrate on my physique. I have a good lifting program but I'm having trouble with my diet. As far as I know I have the main concepts down - stay away from sugar, keep sodium low, stick to greens and animal protein, 1-2 grams of protein per body weight a day, don't drink alcohol.

This all seems like common sense to me really and I've always eaten ate this way. But, I want to get informed and start getting 100% out of my nutrition. I have a small tab of fat just below my belly button and a little lower back fat (love handles) that I desperately want to get rid of. Can anyone point me in the direction of some golden nutritional info? Maybe something that comes with some example meals?

I have to take my breakfast, snacks, and lunch to work because I work on a flight line. So I often cook food in bulk and eat the same meals a couple days in a row. Im currently 6' 198 to 201 lbs depending the time of day and Im 29 years old. I lift 4 days a week and get to jiu jitsu class 1-2 days. My goals are to build muscle mass and stay lean. (Isn't that every bodies dream?) But I don't mind putting on weight. I'd be happy at 210 lbs of lean muscle. Thanks for any help! Phone Post
3/14/13 10:58 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/13 10:58 AM
Check this site, he has some good books and info.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

He can be a real ass hole some times, but he dose know what he is talking about.
3/14/13 11:40 PM
gatorlaw
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try Power Eating. Believe the author's name is Klein. Phone Post
3/15/13 12:13 AM
MbA7601
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike dolce living lean. $9.99 through amazon with the kindle app Phone Post
3/15/13 8:09 AM
AdrianK
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.