UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Is Lloyd involved in witness tampering

3/17/13 7:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jeffphansen77
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can someone clarify a minor point for me? I'm mostly an outsider to the BJJ community & have been following this thing lately. My wife & kids train ( not at an LI school) while I work but I've been a martial artist for most of my life & like to keep up with what's going on out there.

Hearing my son hassle his mom for being "a 97%er" a few months ago perked my ears up a bit & I ended up googling it & discovering this Lloyd Irvin phenomenon a bit before the meltdown.

From what little I pieced together before all of this, Lloyd seemed to have an ambiguous status in the BJJ community.

I'd see folks complain about his Matt Furey-ish internet marketing & mercenary business practices. I'd see him defended in vague terms, mostly on "nothing wrong with making money, the product is good" type grounds.

The impression I got from here was that he had a shady feel about him but was so well established & had such aggressive defenders that people grumbled quietly or not at all. He also seemed to have wall off his group somewhat into his own world apart from the larger community despite the fact that his people competed in it.

Are my impressions roughly accurate? Thanks.

3/17/13 1:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
krept
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the 3% reference is related to data from Social Security in the context of retirement. Like only 3% will retire with a savings or is it retire with $1M? It would be interesting data to verify.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.