UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> What major Heroes/Villians died in Marvel or DC...

3/13/13 6:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...and have stayed dead. Exclude alternate worlds, what if style books and such. I apologize if this has been discussed already. I did a quick search to see if a thread had already been created but found nothing.
3/13/13 7:23 PM
Zenoplata
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captain Mar-Vell.

3/13/13 7:38 PM
Zenoplata
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack-of-Spades (temporarily brought back to be an undead bomb, but still dead)

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)

Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett)

Goliath (Marvel)

Gwen Stacy

Jean Grey

Pyro

Silver Fox

The Whizzer

It's kind of hard to count DC character because they just retconned the entire universe.

3/13/13 7:53 PM
john76
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

isn't johnny storm dead?

or is he back again?
3/13/13 7:54 PM
dizz
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny Storm's back
3/13/13 8:25 PM
spidermanik
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't captain marvel get brought back during a v x? Phone Post
3/13/13 8:59 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damian Wayne and Peter Parker. Phone Post
3/13/13 10:00 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thunderbird and Banshee is two more but Marvel pretty much just replaced them with Warpath and Syrin
3/13/13 11:58 PM
LittleKang
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sentry Phone Post
3/13/13 11:58 PM
LittleKang
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is nightcrawler back? Phone Post
3/14/13 12:17 AM
Stryfe

LittleKang -  Sentry Phone Post

True but another year or so will tell if Sentry and Proffesor X is still dead.

Nightcrawler comeback in a sense as the AoA version
3/14/13 8:46 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jean grey came back during AvsX didn't she?

Mar-vell made an appearance during civil war, but it was a time shifted version before his death. He has stayed impressively dead.
3/14/13 9:11 AM
Daredevil73
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucky and Green Goblin used to be on that list, until the hacks that Marvel hires got a hold of them.
3/14/13 9:17 AM
paw
1352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - jean grey came back during AvsX didn't she?

Mar-vell made an appearance during civil war, but it was a time shifted version before his death. He has stayed impressively dead.

re: Jean Grey

She and the other original x-men were pulled from the past and brought into the present by Beast.  So I guess it's similar to Mar-vell.

3/14/13 9:20 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So she is gone again? Good. Never could stand her.
3/14/13 10:27 AM
paw
1352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - So she is gone again? Good. Never could stand her.

No...she's in "All New X-Men" being written by Bendis, alive in the Marvel U along with teenage Hank (Beast), Warren, Bobby and Scott.

I confess I hated the idea of "All New X-Men" and I think I posted it would not last a year.  But, dammit....it's been really, really good.  *heads off to eat crow*

I don't "hate" Jean, but I think she's grossly over-rated as a character.  None So Blind has elaborated on Jean in more detail in the past, but basically, she had no personality and was often reduced to "Scott's girlfriend" or "Wolverine's lust interest" or "Host of the Phoenix".  To his credit (you have no idea how hard it was to type that), Bendis seems to share that point of view -- Jean, as a character, was pretty worthless and lacking in personality.  Bendis seems to want to actually develop Jean as a true character rather than the modified Mary Sue-ish character she's been.

...but now I'm rambling.

3/14/13 10:47 AM
Stickgrappler
1412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ferro Lad of the Legion of Super-Heroes
3/14/13 10:50 AM
Stickgrappler
1412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Sue Dibny (wife of Ralph Dibny aka Elongated Man) still dead?
3/14/13 10:54 AM
Stickgrappler

oh wait, yeah Zenoplata has a point about DC and Ferro Lad and Sue Dibny are DC. Prior to retcon, I believe they were still both dead. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

I used to think it was Ferro Lad and Barry Allen and Bucky but we see what happened.
3/14/13 11:37 AM
Daredevil73
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Bullseye still dead?
3/14/13 2:37 PM
Hercules Rockerfeller
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kraven the Hunter

3/14/13 2:44 PM
LittleKang

Is sabretooth alive again? Phone Post
3/14/13 3:49 PM
paw

LittleKang -  Is sabretooth alive again? Phone Post

Unfortunately yes. 

I like Sabretooth.  I think he's a great villain who's never really lived up to his potential, but the way he was brought back was BS.

3/14/13 4:07 PM
LittleKang

paw -
LittleKang -  Is sabretooth alive again? Phone Post

Unfortunately yes. 

I like Sabretooth.  I think he's a great villain who's never really lived up to his potential, but the way he was brought back was BS.

Most of them are. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:36 PM
Stryfe

Kraven was a good answer. I had forgot about him

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.