UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> Black Belt Fraud

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/13/13 11:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
poopstripe
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see on the Screamin Reviews website that there is a link to "file a complaint". Would you like the Atama forum to do a lil complaining?
3/14/13 12:03 AM
thebisket
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time Management Samurai!, Owner
poopstripe - I see on the Screamin Reviews website that there is a link to "file a complaint". Would you like the Atama forum to do a lil complaining?
Can you post a link? Phone Post
3/14/13 12:08 AM
poopstripe
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I followed the link from the original post...

http://screamingreviews.com/warning-of-fake-bjj-instructors-and-blackbelts-in-north-and-south-carolina/?goback=%2Egde_166112_member_222103048

You will see a blinking red link (button) up in the top right corner that says "file a complaint"

3/14/13 12:22 AM
poopstripe

anyway....i couldnt register lol...I did try to leave a comment under the post but it said it is under moderation review. Best of Luck with this..this really sucks to have to deal with
3/14/13 1:30 AM
Matthieu Battle
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

el-oh-el at calling out a guy with what is possibly the most well documented training history and lineage around. tards gonna tard.
3/14/13 1:43 AM
brandon_mc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not only is Jeremy Arel a super legit Black Belt, but he's also one of the most generous academy owners I've had the privilege of visiting with. And he's kicked my butt every time I've trained with him. :) 

Awesome teacher, too. 

3/14/13 2:56 AM
plasticonoband
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiuHung - Gerbil, I don't know you personally and have never trained with you (although I'd welcome the opportunity). Your youtube vids are always very detailed and helpful and I have no doubt whatsoever of the legitimacy of your rank. I always am impressed with the selfless sharing of your knowledge.
Forget this fool, recover and get back on the mat. It's just some desperate Ahole who's trying to get a rise out of you.

Mike C.

^This. ttt
3/14/13 6:17 AM
BayviewJiuJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado -
BayviewJiuJitsu - Sounds like someone is trying to hype up a Royce Gracie affiliate since Royce is mentioned as "challenging" one of the fake bb's and your also accused of not being able to "hold par" with Royce Gracie blue belts. Is there some affiliate near by? Have some badass blue belts come into your school doing the Gracie Train?

Based off this post I want to make a preemptive strike for Steve Hall who is Royce Gracie affiliate in the area to avoid finger pointing. I was thinking of visiting Luis but made a post on here and Steve invited me over. I told him when I was there that I was thinking of going to Luis place because it closer, but his time was off. Steve said he was a cool guy and said nothing bad about him. Just before this spirals into some wackiness. I know Steve used to post on these boards and might chime in at some point. But if it is a Royce affiliate, I am sure it wasn't Steve. This is when I just dropped into town on a visit. I also trained with one of Gerbils students who was a nice guy and very sharp. I have respect for both of them and don't want some OG math turning this thread into a mess.
I guess that didn't come off the way I intended. I don't know Steve Hall but I wasn't trying to point a finger at him. I figured that it was probably a student and probably a blue belt who had stopped by Gerbil's and had a chip on their shoulder. I thought the references to Royce were pretty random and pretty specific. You don't always hear people specifically reference Royce Gracie Blue Belts when comparing others. Just my thought, didn't mean to offend anyone. Phone Post
3/14/13 8:46 AM
SPoulin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/13 8:47 AM
3/14/13 8:46 AM
SPoulin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/13 8:46 AM
<br />Story has been retracted. <br />Maybe do some research FIRST next time.
3/14/13 9:14 AM
Jessy30
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^Hah! Looks like we found our blog owner. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:02 AM
mrgoodarmbar
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's unfortunate that he simply retracted it. He should issue an update with a formal apology. People who have read it, aren't going to notice that it's now missing... He did say that he would update the post with whatever response that Gordo gave.
3/14/13 11:05 AM
deepu
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck recovering from surgery. Went through same last year. Don't rush to get back on the mat. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:44 AM
green_machine
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeremy, did anybody get ahold of you about this, or did the story just disappear?
3/14/13 11:47 AM
TrevorRice
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you got your blackbelt from Gordo, your more then legit. Forget about this punk who is talking trash - he is not worth your time. your videos are top notch too.!!
3/14/13 11:49 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man,

Dont' sweat it. The matter is when you are trying to do what you can there will be someone that tries to put you donw or be a dick. Let it pass by

Jason

3/14/13 11:49 AM
JasonKeaton

Man,

Dont' sweat it. The matter is when you are trying to do what you can there will be someone that tries to put you donw or be a dick. Let it pass by

Jason

3/14/13 11:51 AM
checkuroil
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Send a cease and desist letter to the website host for slander.

They will say they aren't responsible for content but maybe that can get them to give you information on who is Phone Post
3/14/13 11:53 AM
checkuroil
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never mind. Looks like they pulled it down Phone Post
3/14/13 12:07 PM
ilnosnirx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gerbil you should sue that motherfucker for defamation!!!
3/14/13 12:12 PM
icon115
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck on healing. I for one learn a lot from your videos.

Thanks.
3/14/13 12:22 PM
Hillary
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We know you're legit. Ive never rolled with Jeremy but I've met him and watched him train at Gordo's along with following his Sherdog thread. That's clearly just 97%er hatin'. Phone Post
3/14/13 12:40 PM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like they removed all the (false) information after Dennis Asche commented.
3/14/13 12:55 PM
Gerbiljiujitsu
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around this.  Now the owner of the site is saying that he wants me to act professional (which I have) and ask the internet posters to back down.

My real issue surrounding this is the fact that it is almost certain that the guy who owns the site is the guy who posted on the private Renzo forum and the guy who wrote the initial review.

Now he's aiming for plausible deniability and trying to play the "it wasn't me card".  The problem with that is that regardless of what you think, the internet is not anonymous and I'm hesitant to give any slack to a guy that literally tried to harm my business. 

It is clear that he knows the BJJ scene as he named people that are local and are not professional fighters.  He knew enough to post about these specific people and then accuse me.  

We are left with two options.  Either this guy is extremely naive, ignorant and stupid (all rolled into one) OR he is an asshole intent on defaming me. 

When you google "jeremy arel fraud" his site is the #2 to come up.  Because his site is still cached by google you can see that it clearly says that my lineage is questionable (which it is not).  The only reason his site is #2 and not #1 is because I made two threads that have similar titles as to circumvent his crappy website.

I may seek legal action as it is clear to me that this was set up to hurt my business and thus my lively hood.  What I need from this group is more information so that if I do choose to go to the authorities I will have a strong case.

I have already compiled some information from some professional internet security personnel.  If you guys have screen shots, past caches of the website, information from where he has posted before I would like you to post that in this thread so that I can collect it if I need to.  It will also allow other people to see what information is already collected and build off of it.

thanks.

Jeremy
3/14/13 12:59 PM
Gerbiljiujitsu
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for those of you who missed the posts on the Renzo Gracie private forum

This article was originally linked from the Renzo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy Linkedin group. It's a private group but it looks like anyone can join.

I don't know if naming and shaming is allowed, but honestly, I don't care. 

The submitter, and I assume author's name is David Maille. he is from Charlotte NC.  Here's a link to his publc linked in profile that he used to post the article to the Renzo Gracie group right after joining.

[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=197709439&authType=name&authToken=goRB&goback=%2Egmp_166112%2Eamf_166112_197709439&trk=anetppl_profil"]http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=197709439&authType=name&authToken=goRB&goback=%2Egmp_166112%2Eamf_166112_197709439&trk=anetppl_profil[/URL]

Below is our exchange, I've removed my name from the conversation.

ME • I'm not saying this can't possibly be true, but you are aware that Jeremy Arel blogged his entire time while living and training in Brazil right?
10 hours ago

Follow David
David Maillie • Interesting- I blogged the whole time when I was in DC, did that make me President or a Congressman? Nope. If this guy really did earn a blackbelt then the Gordo Jiu Jitsu academy should have no problem verifying his blackbelt to the person that wrote that article on that website. If I were a world class BJJ trainer like Gordo or Royce Gracie I would know all of my blackbelts and be able to quickly verify them and I would stand behind them. Besides, I looked at the Great Grappling website and this Jeremy Arel's supposed training and it doesn't match up to someone that earned their BJJ blackbelt. It matches more in line with someone that went to Brazil for a few months, learned some techniques and then either bought their belt or just claimed to have one. According to the article both of his previous teachers in NC are both known frauds (I found the link to the Better Business Bureau warning on the one to be very interesting). Royce Gracie, personally takes students from these "teachers" and restarts them as white belts regardless of rank because their technique is terrible. From what I have read Gordo is very hard on his students, just like Gracie. Most likely he would have had his blackbelts along with purples, blues and whites roll with him and then restarted Arel as a white belt which means he couldn't possibly have earned a real BJJ blackbelt by now. Its just not possible. Well, in any case it will be interesting to hear what Gordo Jiu Jitsu has to say. If they say he really did earn one well then I suppose that would end that discussion. Wouldn't it? But, being that his lineage includes 2 known fraud BJJ teachers I don't have high hopes for Mr. Arel.
6 hours ago• Like

Me • I wasn't saying the act of blogging would make him a black belt, I'm saying you can easily verify how much time he spent in Rio. You can reach out to Dennis from Connection Rio as well to verify his training time. 

I honestly can't understand why you would write an article accusing him of being a fraud when you have zero proof and with a little google searching you can find the pictures of him in Rio training at Gordo's. You can see his belt color in the photo's and videos taken at the time. You can read his blog of his entire time in Rio over at the sherdog.net grappling forums. 

May I ask what are you qualifications to judge the quality of his instruction? Have you visited his school and offered a challenge? Go old school. 

FYI, I don't actually know him except through the forums and the videos he posts. I train at the Renzo Gracie Training Facilty in CT, so I'm in no way affiliated with Great Grappling.
6 hours ago

Me • Also, where did you get this info: "Royce Gracie, personally takes students from these "teachers" and restarts them as white belts regardless of rank because their technique is terrible." 

I didn't see that in any of the links you posted.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.