UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Black Belt Fraud

3/13/13 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Synado
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mary Slagel on Warning of fake BJJ instructors and blackbelts in North and South Carolina
3/13/13 11:07 PM
Synado
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 11:17 PM
Wrong name... sorry... she just commented...
3/13/13 11:11 PM
FJJ828
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - 
BayviewJiuJitsu - Sounds like someone is trying to hype up a Royce Gracie affiliate since Royce is mentioned as "challenging" one of the fake bb's and your also accused of not being able to "hold par" with Royce Gracie blue belts. Is there some affiliate near by? Have some badass blue belts come into your school doing the Gracie Train?

Based off this post I want to make a preemptive strike for Steve Hall who is Royce Gracie affiliate in the area to avoid finger pointing. I was thinking of visiting Luis but made a post on here and Steve invited me over. I told him when I was there that I was thinking of going to Luis place because it closer, but his time was off. Steve said he was a cool guy and said nothing bad about him. Just before this spirals into some wackiness. I know Steve used to post on these boards and might chime in at some point. But if it is a Royce affiliate, I am sure it wasn't Steve. This is when I just dropped into town on a visit. I also trained with one of Gerbils students who was a nice guy and very sharp. I have respect for both of them and don't want some OG math turning this thread into a mess.

Steve Hall is good people.

As legit as they come.

3/13/13 11:19 PM
Gerbiljiujitsu
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve Hall and I are good friends. He is equally shocked by this post.
3/13/13 11:36 PM
kying418
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess as a academy owner, you need to protect your reputation.

However, you got your Black Belt from a legend like Gordo- no need to even respond to criticism of your skills or legitamacy.

If I ever get my black belt from my teacher, I will laugh at anyone who suggests that I don't "deserve" it...(while eating a bag of chips and soda in front of them.)
3/13/13 11:56 PM
Randy "Stinks Like a Fart" Marsh
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy your videos. Sorry you are going through this. Best of luck with this nonsense. Phone Post
3/13/13 11:59 PM
poopstripe
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see on the Screamin Reviews website that there is a link to "file a complaint". Would you like the Atama forum to do a lil complaining?
3/14/13 12:03 AM
thebisket
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time Management Samurai!, Owner
poopstripe - I see on the Screamin Reviews website that there is a link to "file a complaint". Would you like the Atama forum to do a lil complaining?
Can you post a link? Phone Post
3/14/13 12:08 AM
poopstripe

I followed the link from the original post...

http://screamingreviews.com/warning-of-fake-bjj-instructors-and-blackbelts-in-north-and-south-carolina/?goback=%2Egde_166112_member_222103048

You will see a blinking red link (button) up in the top right corner that says "file a complaint"

3/14/13 12:22 AM
poopstripe

anyway....i couldnt register lol...I did try to leave a comment under the post but it said it is under moderation review. Best of Luck with this..this really sucks to have to deal with
3/14/13 1:30 AM
Matthieu Battle
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

el-oh-el at calling out a guy with what is possibly the most well documented training history and lineage around. tards gonna tard.
3/14/13 1:43 AM
brandon_mc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not only is Jeremy Arel a super legit Black Belt, but he's also one of the most generous academy owners I've had the privilege of visiting with. And he's kicked my butt every time I've trained with him. :) 

Awesome teacher, too. 

3/14/13 2:56 AM
plasticonoband
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiuHung - Gerbil, I don't know you personally and have never trained with you (although I'd welcome the opportunity). Your youtube vids are always very detailed and helpful and I have no doubt whatsoever of the legitimacy of your rank. I always am impressed with the selfless sharing of your knowledge.
Forget this fool, recover and get back on the mat. It's just some desperate Ahole who's trying to get a rise out of you.

Mike C.

^This. ttt
3/14/13 6:17 AM
BayviewJiuJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado -
BayviewJiuJitsu - Sounds like someone is trying to hype up a Royce Gracie affiliate since Royce is mentioned as "challenging" one of the fake bb's and your also accused of not being able to "hold par" with Royce Gracie blue belts. Is there some affiliate near by? Have some badass blue belts come into your school doing the Gracie Train?

Based off this post I want to make a preemptive strike for Steve Hall who is Royce Gracie affiliate in the area to avoid finger pointing. I was thinking of visiting Luis but made a post on here and Steve invited me over. I told him when I was there that I was thinking of going to Luis place because it closer, but his time was off. Steve said he was a cool guy and said nothing bad about him. Just before this spirals into some wackiness. I know Steve used to post on these boards and might chime in at some point. But if it is a Royce affiliate, I am sure it wasn't Steve. This is when I just dropped into town on a visit. I also trained with one of Gerbils students who was a nice guy and very sharp. I have respect for both of them and don't want some OG math turning this thread into a mess.
I guess that didn't come off the way I intended. I don't know Steve Hall but I wasn't trying to point a finger at him. I figured that it was probably a student and probably a blue belt who had stopped by Gerbil's and had a chip on their shoulder. I thought the references to Royce were pretty random and pretty specific. You don't always hear people specifically reference Royce Gracie Blue Belts when comparing others. Just my thought, didn't mean to offend anyone. Phone Post
3/14/13 8:46 AM
SPoulin
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/13 8:47 AM
3/14/13 8:46 AM
SPoulin
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/13 8:46 AM
<br />Story has been retracted. <br />Maybe do some research FIRST next time.
3/14/13 9:14 AM
Jessy30
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^Hah! Looks like we found our blog owner. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:02 AM
mrgoodarmbar
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's unfortunate that he simply retracted it. He should issue an update with a formal apology. People who have read it, aren't going to notice that it's now missing... He did say that he would update the post with whatever response that Gordo gave.
3/14/13 11:05 AM
deepu
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck recovering from surgery. Went through same last year. Don't rush to get back on the mat. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:44 AM
green_machine
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeremy, did anybody get ahold of you about this, or did the story just disappear?
3/14/13 11:47 AM
TrevorRice
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you got your blackbelt from Gordo, your more then legit. Forget about this punk who is talking trash - he is not worth your time. your videos are top notch too.!!
3/14/13 11:49 AM
JasonKeaton

Man,

Dont' sweat it. The matter is when you are trying to do what you can there will be someone that tries to put you donw or be a dick. Let it pass by

Jason

3/14/13 11:49 AM
JasonKeaton

Man,

Dont' sweat it. The matter is when you are trying to do what you can there will be someone that tries to put you donw or be a dick. Let it pass by

Jason

3/14/13 11:51 AM
checkuroil
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Send a cease and desist letter to the website host for slander.

They will say they aren't responsible for content but maybe that can get them to give you information on who is Phone Post
3/14/13 11:53 AM
checkuroil
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never mind. Looks like they pulled it down Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.