UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: GSP can't hide forever

3/13/13 10:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I gotta get past Carlos Condit," Hendricks said at Wednesday's UFC 158 open workouts. "Once I do, it's GSP time. If I beat Carlos Condit, nobody's in my way. GSP can't hide forever. I think after this one, if I beat Carlos Condit, it's GSP."

Asked if he really thought St-Pierre was hiding, Hendricks said "it seems like it," pointing out that GSP could have taken the Diaz fight after first facing him. Since the matchup was personal rather than merit-based, there was no expiration date on making it happen.

What he doesn't like is St-Pierre suggesting Hendricks isn't worthy of fighting for the belt because the champ believed Koscheck should have been awarded the decision against him. Hendricks pointed out that St-Pierre is on the record as saying he thought Condit out-pointed Diaz, and yet he was not just willing to take that fight; he demanded it.

"I want to look across the octagon and say, 'You have not faced anybody like me,'" Hendricks said. "That's what his little quote is: 'you've never faced anybody like me.' Bulls---. You've never faced anybody like me. That's why he didn't take the fight."

read entire article...

3/13/13 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UG Blog is determined to turn the UG against Hendricks.

dmjr98
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I highly doubt gsp is hiding from anyone in his division Phone Post
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol.  ok hendro!

3/13/13 10:52 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to be impressed if Hendricks beats Condit, considering he seems to be focused on Georges.
3/13/13 10:52 PM
inf0
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Condit smashes him. Going to be interesting.

3/13/13 10:59 PM
lgi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly wanted to see Hendricks vs Diaz.
3/13/13 11:01 PM
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - first he was too quiet, didn't sell enough tickets, that's why he didn't deserve to fight GSP, now he's trying to hype up a future fight and he's a whiner and delusional.

i never said he was too quiet.  i embrace the shit-talking to get fights. that's the bed the ufc made and they can sleep in it.  hendro is delusional if he thinks gsp is ducking him.  gsp fights everyone the ufc tells him to. hope i didn't miss anything.

3/13/13 11:04 PM
SOO72
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit is going to smash him.
3/13/13 11:08 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - first he was too quiet, didn't sell enough tickets, that's why he didn't deserve to fight GSP, now he's trying to hype up a future fight and he's a whiner and delusional.

i never said he was too quiet.  i embrace the shit-talking to get fights. that's the bed the ufc made and they can sleep in it.  hendro is delusional if he thinks gsp is ducking him.  gsp fights everyone the ufc tells him to. hope i didn't miss anything.

Just the fact that Dana himself said that Georges is the easiest fighter to work with and "does everything we ask of him".

3/13/13 11:09 PM
32Hunter

so why wouldn't he want to fight the Champ? is he going to fight GSP if Diaz wins?
suess

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - 
suess - 

why is he delusional? GSP took a fight with someone coming off a loss, and who GSP matches up perfectly with, not to mention Nick has only one Top 10 win in the past couple years over a guy who ran through a bunch of Top 5 guys in under a year, personally I don't think he's ducking, but if I were Hendricks, I would.

if i had beef with one guy and not another, i'd go for the guy i have beef with.

suess

32Hunter - so why wouldn't he want to fight the Champ? is he going to fight GSP if Diaz wins?

i laughed

3/13/13 11:14 PM
32Hunter

suess - 
32Hunter - so why wouldn't he want to fight the Champ? is he going to fight GSP if Diaz wins?

i laughed

yeah, you won't be laughing when that screen name changes on Sat. Although I have no Idea what it will be yet.
3/13/13 11:16 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hype needs to be interesting for people to care. Calling GSP scared and ducking is the same crap everyone says about him. There's nothing unique about it.

Added to that fact is GSP is basically ignoring him makes him come across as a kid tugging on his parent's pant leg trying to get attention.
3/13/13 11:17 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm officially tired of heading Hendricks. Shut up and wait your turn. Phone Post
3/13/13 11:18 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch - 

Unless Andy makes good on his comments about making 170 "easy"...

If that were possible he would have done it already. He had absolutely no one to fight after Sonnen and openly wanted GSP as his next opponent.
3/13/13 11:19 PM
suess

32Hunter - 
suess - 

i laughed

yeah, you won't be laughing when that screen name changes on Sat. Although I have no Idea what it will be yet.

when i said i laughed, i meant "i laughed at your one-liner"  

even though you were serious, it was funny.  

how long is our bet for?  

3/13/13 11:20 PM
counterfeeding
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this guy mildly retarded, or what? Is this his way of making himself believe that GSP doesn't completely outclass him in every aspect of the game?
3/13/13 11:22 PM
32Hunter

Edited: 03/13/13 11:23 PM
suess - 
32Hunter - 
suess - 

i laughed

when i said i laughed, i meant "i laughed at your one-liner"  

even though you were serious, it was funny.  

how long is our bet for?  

I knew what you meant dude. there was about 25% jokes in there.

bets for 6 months baby!!

I was sort of kidding with my response as well
3/13/13 11:23 PM
suess

are you ready to support gsp for 6 months brobeans?!  :D

3/13/13 11:26 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone noticed that all of JH's KO come in the first 90 seconds of a round?

Most in 1st, his two second round KOs (both early in 2nd) came after tough first rounds.

If he does not land early, he struggles.
3/13/13 11:28 PM
32Hunter

suess - 

are you ready to support gsp for 6 months brobeans?!  :D

let the cards fall where they may.
3/13/13 11:44 PM
da Vinci 81

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - 
da Vinci 81 - 

Hype needs to be interesting for people to care. Calling GSP scared and ducking is the same crap everyone says about him. There's nothing unique about it.

Added to that fact is GSP is basically ignoring him makes him come across as a kid tugging on his parent's pant leg trying to get attention.

so now he doesn't hype good enough lol, keep the excuses coming. fact is Hendricks was way more deserving than Nick Diaz.

and lol@Suess........I wasn't talking GSP, I was referring to Hendricks, what the fuck is he supposed to think when GSP picks a fight over a guy who lost his last fight and is not worthy at all of a title shot?

I never said he wasn't deserving. I said his attempts at hyping the fight aren't really working. Everyone knows he's earned it over Diaz but him constantly complaining about it is turning more people off of him than if he said nothing at all.

At this poing he's just going to have to wait because that's the hand he's been dealt.
3/13/13 11:45 PM
JetSetter

Hendricks is going down Sat night Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.