UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 158 pre fight press con Thurs 1 PM ET

3/14/13 1:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
teabagexpress
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP better clear his head......Nick is on his couch with his feet on his pillow..
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone ask Carlos a question? Phone Post
ShaqNoob
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XxLiveBaitxX - Is it me or did Georges look awkward/less than confident in that stare-down?

Totally noticed this too.
3/14/13 1:40 PM
BrckNoHitBk
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just coming to post how GSP does not look anything like his normal comfortable self and seen it's been posted a couple times already. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.
Buck 65
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XxLiveBaitxX - Is it me or did Georges look awkward/less than confident in that stare-down?

I think it was obvious any "awkwardness" was due to him desperately trying not to rip Nicks head of right there. How stupid do you have to be to think GSP isn't confident? he begged for this fight.
Damaynevent

GSP looked very annoyed. Wonder if Nick is getting in his head.
garrote
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Large Fun Bags -
Dirtguy -
fanaticomma - Stream here is very good.

http://www.ufc.com/
This Phone Post
thank you.

I need to write an angry letter to youtube. that stream was absolute garbage Phone Post
. Phone Post
Kstone588

Replay anywhere? Phone Post
3/14/13 1:41 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 
Don_Dada -
Leghound - 

Jeez, the more Nick talks the more I wonder if he's got autism or something.  Hard to believe that his communication issues are only the product of shitty public schools and upbringing, it's like he wants to express himself but he's got a 10 word vocabulary yet his head can only find 3 of them.

Hard to tell who is more in the other's head!  Nick is obviously bothered by how he feels the UFC has been presenting him and GSP is just pissed at Nick's lack of respect.  Pretty funny shit.

People with Anxiety tend to over-think when they are speaking and struggle to put their sentences together properly.
It's fucking sad when you can see it and relate to it Phone Post

Yah.. the other thing that might be hard to understand is that it's also frustrating as hell. It's not like you just start freaking out and you don't know it's happening.. you are very aware that your physical and emotional response to the situation doesn't make sense, but you can't do anything to stop it. It sucks to feel weak and not be able to do anything about it.

It's strange being able to compete as an individual infront of hundreds of people and have no problem, but not being able to speak in public or talk on the phone without my heart beating out of my chest.

tdunning
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bdunning - Diaz knows he's going to get wresle-fucked again. That's why he's sitting here complaining about the rules again and implying that GSP is on roids.

The excuses are already coming out, get ready for the same post-fight retirement speech as he gave after his fight with Condit
BushidoAristotle
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrckNoHitBk - I was just coming to post how GSP does not look anything like his normal comfortable self and seen it's been posted a couple times already. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

He was, but it doesn't mean anything. He'll be comfortable when they step in the octagon and that's all that matters.
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32Hunter - Dana didn't want Nick to answer who's fault it was as to why he got in so late Tues, pretty sure UFC bought and scheduled the plane tics.
pretty spot on evaluation of Ariel though, funny stuff.

Yeah whats with these idiots "haha i love dana shutting down ariel".

I also thoroughly enjoy it when the media is afraid to ask questions in fear of Danas wrath.

Why wouldn't it be a topic of discussion?

mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was awesome.  LOL  I fetl bad for the other fighters, it was all Nick Diaz.

3/14/13 1:42 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's reaction at the end was funny. "Sooo... no questions for me?"

3/14/13 1:43 PM
jzus14

condit enjoyed this more than anyone lol he was having a blast lol
3/14/13 1:43 PM
tehunajammedaconeinmyjimmo
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick is talking to Hominick and Showdown Joe on sportsnet right now.  Explaining the toxic airplane water and talking about his camp.

3/14/13 1:44 PM
32Hunter

Don_Dada - 
RobinHood -  What does 'wolf ticket' mean? Phone Post

Could be wrong, but i think it's putting out threats or lies that you won't/can't back up.

I like this definition

2. wolf ticket

To speak aggressively to someone without intending to back it up with violence.
"He's selling wolf tickets", meaning he's barking but not going to bite.
3/14/13 1:45 PM
jzus14

BushidoAristotle - 
BrckNoHitBk - I was just coming to post how GSP does not look anything like his normal comfortable self and seen it's been posted a couple times already. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

He was, but it doesn't mean anything. He'll be comfortable when they step in the octagon and that's all that matters.

it meants he is going for the finish and an ugly one!! and if nick catches a limb and submits him dana will shit his pants lol reality tv got nothing on nick diaz lol
Damaynevent

If GSP really is pissed and annoyed, he better get over it. If he gets angry and sloppy against Nick, it's over.
George_Sonnen

I would have liked to have seen some questions go to the other fighters. There are some good narratives here besides the mainevent. Condit dealing with Hendrix's one punch KO power, how far he thinks he is from a rematch, Nate's first fight back in the UFC after losing a championship in Strikeforce etc. A great presser though in the entertainment category. Diaz's incoherence and general awkwardness is very frustrating, Georges is and was visibly frustrated with this guy. I truly believe Condit was a much bigger challenge to Georges's title, if GSP can focus his frustrations and bring his willingness and eagerness to beat and finish Diaz, we are going to have an incredible show Saturday night.
3/14/13 1:46 PM
Don_Dada
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound - 
Don_Dada - 
Leghound - 

Jeez, the more Nick talks the more I wonder if he's got autism or something.  Hard to believe that his communication issues are only the product of shitty public schools and upbringing, it's like he wants to express himself but he's got a 10 word vocabulary yet his head can only find 3 of them.

Hard to tell who is more in the other's head!  Nick is obviously bothered by how he feels the UFC has been presenting him and GSP is just pissed at Nick's lack of respect.  Pretty funny shit.

People with Anxiety tend to over-think when they are speaking and struggle to put their sentences together properly.

Fair enough.  Public speaking is hard enough for most, throw in cameras, lights, and anxiety and it's got to be a bitch.

Yip. I remember watching the application for Nick's license to fight in Navada and he was talking a bit about it. How his doctors made him take Adderall and shit when he was a kid and he smoked weed to help him relax instead of taking meds. It was pretty sad to listen to.
3/14/13 1:47 PM
jzus14

George_Sonnen - I would have liked to have seen some questions go to the other fighters. There are some good narratives here besides the mainevent. Condit dealing with Hendrix's one punch KO power, how far he thinks he is from a rematch, Nate's first fight back in the UFC after losing a championship in Strikeforce etc. A great presser though in the entertainment category. Diaz's incoherence and general awkwardness is very frustrating, Georges is and was visibly frustrated with this guy. I truly believe Condit was a much bigger challenge to Georges's title, if GSP can focus his frustrations and bring his willingness and eagerness to beat and finish Diaz, we are going to have an incredible show Saturday night.

there is nothing else when diaz is around a mic! there is a chance it might be his last ufc press conference, he can lost and fail a drug test and get canned! got to milk diaz time as much as you can, but nothing got more intense than dana vs ariel helwani!
3/14/13 1:50 PM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was very entertained.
tehunajammedaconeinmyjimmo
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP "I try not to think about the things he says, because it doesn't make any sense" lol

sevr1

Pure - 

Neither Jake or Nate got asked a single question.

I don't think Carlos did either.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.