UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Sinus drainage during roll

3/14/13 10:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dustyaguas
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, curious if this happens to others. This is the typical situation:

When I am reversed from knee on belly, in the transition when they're coming on top and I'm on my back I will go invertered in hopes of taking the back quickly. I have decent success with this. More than once when I've done this, as soon as I get on the back I immediately can feel my sinuses draining down my throat.

I guess this is from the pressure of them on top of me, coupled with me going inverted and being smashed momentarily..?

Anyways, this time, they didn't drain in the back of my throat. This time the transition didn't play out, and he started moving to side control so I used a Saulo-esque running escape and again I have this feeling of my sinuses, but this time they're draining out of my nose like a faucet. Not a steady drip, a steady stream.

The viscosity was much like water, and very slightly discolored. Within two seconds I had a puddle next to me. Of course I just wiped it up with my gi sleeve and continued the roll.

Into the next roll they started draining again through my nose while I was passing so I sat the rest of that round out. I have to say, I can breathe like a fucking champ right now.

3/14/13 11:27 AM
suBJJective warMTh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get a neilmed sinus rinse and use as necessary.

$0.02 Phone Post
3/14/13 12:14 PM
ChokeTheFace
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Opponent may have used "monkey bears the fruit" on you, but instead of farting in his closed hand he may have used anti-histamines. Pretty common in most gyms. Phone Post
3/14/13 1:26 PM
mrgoodarmbar
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What? Get reversed from knee on belly? Never! :-)

Oh the other thing... Sometimes after a swim, lying on the beach. It's like suddenly having a superpower... only it's just a normal power that everyone else has.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.