UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Reminder: Young Justice ends this weekend

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/14/13 10:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great show while it lasted and will be missed.

*kicks the-powers-that-be in the shins*

3/14/13 10:55 AM
Stickgrappler
2326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i saw a handful of episodes... really need to make time to watch them all
3/14/13 11:37 AM
Daredevil73
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I didn't realize it was that soon.
3/14/13 11:46 AM
phydeau
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was a great show, up there with the Bruce Timm stuff.

I think that because it was such an "adult" show, more plot driven rather than just action & fart jokes, it didn't garner an audiance in a youth oriented line-up.

If they ran it at 7:00 PM it would have had legs.
3/14/13 4:18 PM
crunchysavior
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only watched the first few episodes and didn't think it was that great. I'll have to go grab a torrent of it and check it out again. Maybe I'll skip to the second season.
3/14/13 6:22 PM
SamboMMA

I think even GL is ending this week. Screw you Cartoon Network.
3/14/13 10:24 PM
crescentwrench
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It had a plot and the toys didn't sell, that's what killed it.  

crunchy, it picked up bigtime.  Enough to rival JLU in my opinion.  Even Green Lantern turned into something worth watching.  

Oh well, at least they'll keep the Gumball!  blech

3/15/13 9:05 AM
daxfactor

Why are they canceling it again? Because they want a more slapstick scticht? That's horse shit in my opinion. Last week was a really solid episode, good music, plot, etc. damn shame. Phone Post
3/15/13 10:32 AM
Stronghold
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The whole The Reach thing was annoying though. Good show but not kid friendly enough, imo. My 8yo doesn't like it, for example but he loves Teen Titans (which I hate).
3/15/13 12:05 PM
paw
1798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

daxfactor -  Why are they canceling it again? Because they want a more slapstick scticht? That's horse shit in my opinion. Last week was a really solid episode, good music, plot, etc. damn shame. Phone Post

I'll have to search for the original thread...but the informed speculation is that lack of toy sales killed it.

3/15/13 12:31 PM
phydeau

"Why are they canceling it again? Because they want a more slapstick scticht? That's horse shit in my opinion."

simple modern reality - If it can't sell lunch boxes & action figures then the producers don't want it.
3/15/13 1:58 PM
Stronghold
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well... Yeah. TV is 100% about makng money and baisc cable is not a great way to do that directly.
3/16/13 10:41 PM
Stronghold

I thnk we all saw whattheirname buying it. Knda predictable.
3/17/13 12:53 AM
fryabusa
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what else is bullshit about the series ending.  The last 30 seconds of the show (no spoilers) left a cliffhanger for another season.  Since they knew the show wasn't going on they should have cut the very ending from the broadcast.

3/17/13 11:04 AM
Icepac
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It got really good when it went to the invasion storyline, before that I just watched it on DVR when nothing else was on. It was all over the place, the Invasion story was really good after the 5 year jump... But they introduced so many new characters and shifted Robin to Nightwing, my 5 year old didnt understand it. Of course he only likes flash, superboy and I finally got him on the nightwing fan club lol
3/17/13 11:06 AM
crescentwrench
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, what a nutshot to good cartoons. What studio would risk making a quality show these days?

And that goddamn Teen Titans Go commercial. Fucking hell. Phone Post
3/17/13 8:40 PM
daxfactor

crescentwrench - Man, what a nutshot to good cartoons. What studio would risk making a quality show these days?

And that goddamn Teen Titans Go commercial. Fucking hell. Phone Post
Yeh. It's trash. I hate those damn interludes. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:06 PM
Zenoplata
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good ending. I'm kind of confused.

SPOILERS

Wouldn't Kid Flash's death kill off his grandson?

3/17/13 9:28 PM
Stronghold

I think he was an uncle. Stupid the way he died. Expected better writing.
3/17/13 9:51 PM
fryabusa
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Good ending. I'm kind of confused.

SPOILERS

Wouldn't Kid Flash's death kill off his grandson?

If it follows DC continuity (at least the old stuff I know about) then Impulse is related directly to Barry Allen who is Bart's grandfather.  Wally West is Barry's nephew by marraige.

3/18/13 12:21 PM
The Elastic Assassin
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

always gotta be killing the flashes...wtf?!?!?
3/18/13 2:28 PM
phydeau

I am SO rage. I overslept and missed it.

Oh well. Another week and it will be on On Demand.
3/18/13 2:28 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LIKED IT. THE BLUE BEETLE THING WAS KINDA GAY. SHOULD HAVE KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF BLACK BEETLE INSTEAD OF THAT OVERCOMING THE SCARAB SHIT.
3/20/13 4:17 AM
Thomas Covenant
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched every episode and loved all of them. Were they all epic stories? No. Here's the thing though. WE buy the action figures for the kids, and lunch buckets and so on. Wouldn't it make sense to continue to do something that was working and *gasp* cater to the audience that has the income?
3/20/13 8:14 AM
paw

The Elastic Assassin - always gotta be killing the flashes...wtf?!?!?

I know, right?  Even in animation Flash can't get no love.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.