UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: I've never seen Georges this angry

3/14/13 11:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On Saturday night Georges St-Pierre battles Nick Diaz for his welterweight championship and this might be the most fired up Georges St-Pierre we have ever seen. See what Georges himself and trainer Firas Zahabi had to say about being angry going into this fight:

"They take some line that I said ... I don't know when I said that (about being angry)," St-Pierre told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "There's only three guys that have been nice with me in the UFC, that never said anything bad about me leading up to the fight. All the rest have said bad stuff, so I'm used to that position. It's no big deal."

But Firas Zahabi, his longtime trainer and coach at Tristar Gym in Montreal, on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com that his star pupil might not yet realize just how angry he really is after what amounts to years of trash talk from Diaz.

"I think I've never seen Georges this angry," Zahabi said. "Maybe he doesn't realize it as much, but he's been insulted many times – worse, even. But I think what pissed off Georges the most is he was insulted while he was sidelined. Nobody else insulted him except Nick Diaz when he was sidelined. He said, 'You're faking. Where are you? Don't be scared,' insinuating that he was lying about his injury. He had a serious injury, and I think Georges carried that with him a long time. After his operation, Georges was in a lot of pain, and he had guys on his list – and Nick Diaz was on top of it."

read entire article...

3/14/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt gsp is really angry. Haven't thought about why but im pretty sure this is marketing and gsp is not mad.
3/14/13 11:23 AM
AwHood
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this is true, then Diaz' plan is working. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:23 AM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol translation - Zuffa hype

3/14/13 11:34 AM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He's making a list....

Checking it twice...." Phone Post
3/14/13 11:52 AM
Punchie
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFapMaster - George is getting angry!!

hahahaha !! yes
3/14/13 12:19 PM
UGCTT_Messiah
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somewhere in Montreal Georges is FUMING
3/14/13 12:59 PM
pegson123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more aggressive gsp. The better diaz chances of making something of this fight. Phone Post
3/14/13 12:59 PM
AwHood
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To get in his head and get him off focus. Phone Post
3/14/13 2:38 PM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Messiah - Somewhere in Montreal Georges is FUMING

Nice reference to the thread that got me to stop lurking and register.

3/14/13 2:41 PM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BBallfan - 
AwHood -  To get in his head and get him off focus. Phone Post

I figured that's what you meant. I was being a smart ass, but in all seriousness, if this is the plan it could work or it could backfire and make GSP come in even more focused than ever. I may order this fight. I really want to see what happens, but I am afraid that it will be a 5 round snoozer.

Then order it for the other fights on the card Hendricks vs Condit and Marquardt vs Ellenberger should both be awesome fights.

3/14/13 3:11 PM
buckshot44
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder -  Somewhere in Montreal George's is being pampered Phone Post

lol this +1 VU for TopGrinder

3/14/13 6:36 PM
Raezor19

George is getTTIN UPSET !! 

because George likes his chicken spicy...

3/14/13 6:43 PM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone has said George is angry except for George himself, haha... Phone Post
3/14/13 6:47 PM
nastydirtysavage
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP is upset that'd give nick an edge. Nicks style can be nerve racking. Phone Post
3/14/13 6:52 PM
BeardedLesnar
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It does seem that GSP is pretty upset in general. His last few interviews he has been very down in the dumps kinda. I gotta believe he is really starting to hate the press just as much as nick does. Phone Post
3/14/13 7:14 PM
Kerouac

BeardedLesnar -  It does seem that GSP is pretty upset in general. His last few interviews he has been very down in the dumps kinda. I gotta believe he is really starting to hate the press just as much as nick does. Phone Post

Doesn't seem like Nick hates the press at all.
3/14/13 7:17 PM
GarlicSauce

Raezor19 - 

George is getTTIN UPSET !! 

because George likes his chicken spicy...

LMAO. Read it in his enraged voice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.