UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: I'm not a trash talking douchebag

3/14/13 11:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Is trash talking a great way to build fan interest in fights, or does it make you a douchebag?

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has been pulled into some uncharacteristic trash talk with challenger Nick Diaz. However, top welterweight contender Johny Hendricks says he is not going there in order to get a shot at the title.

"You don't have to be a tough fighter to talk trash," said Hendricks. "I don't trash talk because like I said earliuer I have too much respect for everybody. But there is a point in time where enough is enough. If I get through Carlos Condit, GSP has nothing to stand on. He can't go after anyone else except for me and I can't wait for that day.

"I can trash talk, (but) I don't know GSP. I can say he is this, this, this and this, but it doesn't mean it's true. Know what I mean? I could easily do that, but I don't want to be that kind of douchebag."

Hendricks was asked to respond to Nick Diaz saying that no one wants to see Hendricks vs. GSP.

"Obviously, he has never seen me fight,' retorted Hendricks. "Because I knock people out. What does Diaz do? He talks trash, throws his hands up and that's it. I knock people out. When's the last time any of you have seen me use my wrestling? Hunh? Six, seven fights ago? I used it a little bit on Josh Koscheck, but not much. That's one of my attributes that nobody's seen. For him to say that, he's not an MMA fan."

"I know how everybody almost in my division fights... That's what the sport it - everybody getting together. Even though you may be fighting one day, you're stil friends. That's what I think of as in mixed martial arts."

So what do you think UG? Does trash talking = douchebaggery?

3/14/13 11:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Knippz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's fought everyone they asked, and now is fighting Condit, he can say whatever he wants if he wins this fight.

WAAAAAARRRR HENDRICKS!!!!
3/14/13 11:42 AM
The_R
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is the biggest trash talker, but he's a great guy, so no not necessarily. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:43 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Use the search function. Already posted.
3/14/13 11:46 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knippz - He's fought everyone they asked, and now is fighting Condit, he can say whatever he wants if he wins this fight.

WAAAAAARRRR HENDRICKS!!!!
This. F the haters! Phone Post
3/14/13 11:48 AM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might not be, but he's turning into a bit of a whiner. I will be rooting heavily for Condit. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:54 AM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slow on the draw by an hour, UG blog. C'mon son. :)

3/14/13 11:58 AM
Arecsa
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Condit beats him so I dont have to hear anymore of his whining about GSP.
3/14/13 11:58 AM
Uchi
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like what he has to say here, but think that more recently he has perhaps been drawn into saying some things that border on trash talking. And who can blame him? I think the perception out there is that guys like Sonnen, Diaz, and other have been rewarded for being so outspoken.
3/14/13 12:00 PM
wheeels

"I'm not a trash talking douchebag"

Too late Jimmy, or Johnny, or whatever your name is..
3/14/13 12:00 PM
awesomestprime
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this is gonna be the fight of the night. For the first time in the UFC Hendricks is gonna use his wrestling and ground game.

I see Condit pulling it out, but Hendricks making it very close and roughing Condit up from top position with elbows. Condit looks like a mess, but wins by points.

Can't wait.

I'd love for the Hendricks aura to be true and he blasts Condit with that crazy power and smashes him. Holy shit I'd be excited to see him and GSP. If he's a legit as some believe on his feet he's the kind of guy who could dethrone GSP. I'm not completely sold on his stand up yet, though. If he can stand with Condit he's legit for sure.
3/14/13 12:02 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope condit wins, so we can see Hendricks vs Diaz then condit vs McDonald Phone Post
3/14/13 12:02 PM
Altofsky
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spot on about Diaz. I'd much rather see Hendricks fight GSP.

When Hendricks was faced with a wrestler who wanted to dry hump him all night, what did he do? He put him out cold.

When Diaz is faced with the same, what does he do? Throws his hands up and complains.

I prefer the former.

3/14/13 12:11 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ the people calling Hendricks a whiner and complainer. We have Nick Diaz getting an undeserved title shot and he has a laundry list of things that he whines and complains about. No one sees a problem there? Hendricks is the true #1 contender so he has a right to be frustrated. Phone Post
3/14/13 12:20 PM
Pancake Syrup
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  Lol @ the people calling Hendricks a whiner and complainer. We have Nick Diaz getting an undeserved title shot and he has a laundry list of things that he whines and complains about. No one sees a problem there? Hendricks is the true #1 contender so he has a right to be frustrated. Phone Post

Because Diaz fans don't like facts
3/14/13 12:37 PM
Secureg
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its weird it sounds like he is talking nothing but trash.
3/14/13 12:53 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I don't get is how fans don't recognize he feels the need to talk trash to get the fight because he's been screwed over and thinks he's got to piss GSP off to get it. It's forced and he probably really doesn't like talking bad about GSP.

Clearly beating top contenders is enough, he has to almost clear out the division just to get his shot. You got to feel for him. Phone Post
3/14/13 1:02 PM
epic hero

I don't get why people are giving the guy shit, obviously title shots aren't based on merit anymore or else he would have got one, people say he's a whiner but if you look at the circumstances it's impossible to fault him
3/14/13 1:03 PM
TEN10TEN
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Lol @ the people calling Hendricks a whiner and complainer. We have Nick Diaz getting an undeserved title shot and he has a laundry list of things that he whines and complains about. No one sees a problem there? Hendricks is the true #1 contender so he has a right to be frustrated. Phone Post
I don't like Diaz. But I'll be rooting for Carlos for the first time because of Hendricks' whining and annoying personality. Phone Post
3/14/13 1:24 PM
bjws

Johnny is almost worse than Diaz because he thinks GSP is ducking him for some reason. He has been calling for a fight with him even when GSP was injured and felt that he should have fought him instead of Condit. I really can't wait to see GSP tool him. That is if he even makes it past Condit which I think probably won't happen. If he does fight GSP, he won't have the wrestling to keep it standing because he probably doesn't train it very often because he probably thinks he is already good enough.
3/14/13 1:46 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

bjws - Johnny is almost worse than Diaz because he thinks GSP is ducking him for some reason. He has been calling for a fight with him even when GSP was injured and felt that he should have fought him instead of Condit. I really can't wait to see GSP tool him. That is if he even makes it past Condit which I think probably won't happen. If he does fight GSP, he won't have the wrestling to keep it standing because he probably doesn't train it very often because he probably thinks he is already good enough.

Hendricks doesn't train his wrestling? He's still going back to OSU to train with the wrestling team. Just another hater talking out of his ass....

3/14/13 2:22 PM
MMAfan1million

fishyfish -

Hendricks is obviously not a trash-talking douchebag.  he's a WHINY douchebag.

VTFU! :)

Johny "Big Douche" Hendricks. Can't wait for BB to shout that inside the Octagon. Phone Post
3/14/13 2:31 PM
cool hand Ed
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zaph -  He might not be, but he's turning into a bit of a whiner. I will be rooting heavily for Condit. Phone Post

Yep.

Dude whines every other time there's a microphone in his face anymore.

I'm rooting for Condit, something I didn't think I'd ever do again after the Diaz fight.
3/14/13 3:20 PM
BzGrappla

Funny how Hendricks didnt say shit about the PRESSER about being a douchebag..

Was sitting right next to DIAZ too..

Another wanna be tough guy
3/14/13 4:21 PM
tetris
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love hendricks and win or lose i would love to see him fight diaz. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.