UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone do Flys?

3/14/13 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've added it on chest day. I'm curious, in what way does it help?

Any info/experience appreciated. Phone Post
3/14/13 5:16 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use them to aid in pre-exhaustion of my chest sometimes, beyond that not very often.
3/14/13 5:58 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're recommended in the sheiko program, That's saying a LOT imo. I think the chest is more important for raw lifters (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I bench like twice a month lol) so there is probably some merit to extra training for the muscle group. Aside from adding strength, flyes stretch the pec as well so probably help prevent pec tears if used judiciously.

All in how you use it.
3/15/13 8:11 AM
banco

Just keep the reps above 10.
3/15/13 12:30 PM
shootfighterbull

banco - Just keep the reps above 10.
I've been doing reps of ten. Any reason? Is this strictly a bodybuilding lift? Phone Post
3/15/13 1:13 PM
Taku
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many exercises have their place. Flys may be used in many ways. As a warm-up, for pre exhaust (as mentioned above), As a post exhasut, as stretch.

I worked with a client today who is having some shoulder issues. We were able to use certain chest fly variants and remain pain free where all the various standard pushing exercises were casuing discomfort.

TAKU

3/15/13 10:01 PM
banco

shootfighterbull - 
banco - Just keep the reps above 10.
I've been doing reps of ten. Any reason? Is this strictly a bodybuilding lift? Phone Post

If you are doing them with a full range of motion you want to keep the weight relatively light as at the bottom of the motion it's easy to strain a pec etc.
3/21/13 10:18 PM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a chest shaping exercise.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.