sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. I was just kidding :-(

3/15/13 8:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

It is not Dan Miller's first fight at WW. He subbed Ricardo Funch with a guillotine last June.

The same Ricardo funch that hendriks decisions?

Hmmmmm Phone Post
3/15/13 2:43 PM
Herbish1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subzero90 - Mein will def pick him apart standing. Fight will prob hinge on whether miller can take him down.
Are you for serious dog?

Millers looking sharp in all areas! Phone Post
3/15/13 5:11 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vicmister -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Card -

Wow, Jordan is a huge Welterweight. Phone Post

He is actually very small for 170. He is above average height for the division but doesn't really cut anything. He might walk around at 175. That picture is a little deceiving. On the far left is Brad Cardinal who is 155 soaking wet. Jordan relies on his quickness and athleticism, not so much on strength. It's a good fight for both guys and I like Dan but I've been training with Jordan since before he was turned pro. Neither guy likes boring fights so it will be great.
I was comparing him to Nick Ring, Nick is a little wider but Jordan is quite a bit taller. Phone Post
3/15/13 5:11 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a bit, not quite a bit. Phone Post
3/15/13 5:39 PM
Blunderhooks
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan looks like he had a tough cut. I hope not though. I'm rooting for him in this one. Phone Post
3/15/13 5:57 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/16/13 8:52 PM
PhallicObjekt

PhallicObjekt - I like Jordan in this one. Kid looked phenominal in dismantling Cyborg. His elbows in clinching positions look mean as fuk. Also isn't this Dan millers first fight at welterweight? Really not 100% sure is why i ask. This might play a factor as well Phone Post
Told you fuckers me in takes this. Kid is a stud Phone Post
3/16/13 8:52 PM
PhallicObjekt

stud Phone Post
3/16/13 8:53 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OH MY LAWD Phone Post
3/16/13 9:13 PM
D241

What's amazing is his skill level at his age.

Did you guys realize that he dropped Miller 2 times, 1 time in orthodox stance, the other in southpaw stance. 

I'm sure it's been done before but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.  Probably JbJ.

Impressive. I was wrong

3/16/13 11:24 PM
Herman Munster

D241 - 

What's amazing is his skill level at his age.

Did you guys realize that he dropped Miller 2 times, 1 time in orthodox stance, the other in southpaw stance. 

I'm sure it's been done before but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.  Probably JbJ.

Impressive. I was wrong

What's also amazing given his age is his 35 pro fights.   The 5 fight win streak he racked up before signing with Strikeforce, he was fighting on average once every 2 months, with 3 of those wins being over Riggs, Burkman, and Zaromskis.  Then Strikeforce killed his activity, otherwise he may have 40 pro fights by now.  It used to be easy to underrate him by looking at losses on his record, but  those losses don't mean anything now, and really were the product of a kid turning pro at 16 years of age.  Jordan Mein has officially arrived.

3/17/13 2:48 AM
Herbish1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man how one punch can change a fight completely. Dan was sourly winning until one solid strike changed everything. Hopefully he doesn't get cut. Props to mein, I didn't think he would be able to hang with the UFC. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:49 AM
Herbish1

Soundly not sourly^^^^^^ Phone Post
3/17/13 4:00 AM
D241

Herman Munster - Jordan Mein has officially arrived.

Agreed

Now lets match him up against a wrestler like Koscheck and see how he does.

3/17/13 11:18 AM
Trane

Just watched this fight and all I can say is wow. Looks like the Canadians are and will be owning the WW division for a long time.
3/17/13 11:25 AM
Herman Munster

Edited: 03/17/13 11:39 AM
D241 - 

Agreed

We already watched him face Tyrone Woodley not that long ago, and it was a fairly boring wrestle fucking performance.,  There is countless match ups out there for him, that we don't necessarily need to see him matched iimmediately vs a wrestler.  Btw, isn't Dan Miller kind of a wrestler himself? Or at least a grappler who could have posed problems for him?.  Which he did and Jordan more than passed in flying colors. It's not like Jordan was matched with a great striker here.  Maybe that's kind of match up we need next for him.  One of the excellent WW strikers.  Don't worry, Jordan is in the UFC to stay and will have lots of time to face wrestlers.

3/17/13 11:27 AM
Herman Munster

Herbish1 -  Man how one punch can change a fight completely. Dan was sourly winning until one solid strike changed everything. Hopefully he doesn't get cut. Props to mein, I didn't think he would be able to hang with the UFC. Phone Post

It's was a inevitable that Jordan was going to hunt him down on the feet, the more that fight was going to stay standing, the more likely Dan was going to get the outcome he got. Sorry.

3/17/13 3:10 PM
D241

Herman Munster - 
D241 - 

Agreed

We already watched him face Tyrone Woodley not that long ago, and it was a fairly boring wrestle fucking performance.,  There is countless match ups out there for him, that we don't necessarily need to see him matched iimmediately vs a wrestler.  Btw, isn't Dan Miller kind of a wrestler himself? Or at least a grappler who could have posed problems for him?.  Which he did and Jordan more than passed in flying colors. It's not like Jordan was matched with a great striker here.  Maybe that's kind of match up we need next for him.  One of the excellent WW strikers.  Don't worry, Jordan is in the UFC to stay and will have lots of time to face wrestlers.

I see this kid as potential top 5 this year, taking into account his whole career.

Dan is a grappler, but not the best wrestler. I say put him up against a wrestler like Koscheck b/c if he loses, it will be b/c of wrestling. He can go back and work on that and only get better. If it's already good enough, he can beat Koscheck maybe handidly, and then match up Jordan with a top 3 top 5 guy.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe I'm pushing him too fast but I think this kid is already up there from what I've seen from a technical standpoint.

3/17/13 7:04 PM
Subzero90

Herbish1 - 
Subzero90 - Mein will def pick him apart standing. Fight will prob hinge on whether miller can take him down.
Are you for serious dog?

Seems I was quite correct mr. Herbish1
3/18/13 12:26 AM
Herbish1

Subzero90 -
Herbish1 - 
Are you for serious dog?

Seems I was quite correct mr. Herbish1
Dan got caught with one solid punch. I wouldn't exactly call it picked apart. Dan was soundly winning the fight up until that point. Props to mein, didn't think he could hang. Obviously his ground is where he's weak, Dan doesn't miss opportunities to finish a sub like he did, good job mein for being able to escape. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:31 AM
D241

Dude, Dan did get dropped by both a left and a right, and both times he was in different stances. 

What else could he have done? Gone for a flying knee followed up by an Anderson Silva front kick to the face follwed by a Shonie Carter spinning backfist ending with a Mirko CroCop High kick?

3/18/13 12:34 AM
ChaosOverkill
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mein shocked me how well he handled Dan. Great win.

3/18/13 12:35 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Dude, Dan did get dropped by both a left and a right, and both times he was in different stances. 

What else could he have done? Gone for a flying knee followed up by an Anderson Silva front kick to the face follwed by a Shonie Carter spinning backfist ending with a Mirko CroCop High kick?

Yeah....why didn't he do that?

3/18/13 12:55 AM
Hikikomori

Mein stalled Miller like prey. He had no respect for him. Mein lack of activity was the only reason Miller was winning. I

I want Mein verse Alves or Kampmann next. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.