UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Graston Video

3/14/13 5:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Lauzon
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/13 5:37 PM
Twitter, Director of Awesome

3/14/13 5:47 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I please Phone Post
3/14/13 5:50 PM
mrjedens
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck i hate graston
3/14/13 6:15 PM
MTH
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arghh that looks painful . . . .

How many treatments like this have you had?  Have you already noticed improvement, or are you going to need to make it through dozens of these applications?

3/14/13 6:36 PM
newjack900
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love 93' Til Infinity in the background
3/14/13 6:40 PM
Willin
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBlackFist - so is this stuff legit? looks pretty dubious to me
Wikipedia suggests results are dubious. Phone Post
3/14/13 6:40 PM
mrjedens
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it breaks up scar tissue to allow it heal better among other things
3/14/13 6:42 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - I please Phone Post
This. Phone Post
3/14/13 6:43 PM
LEKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if I did that to a vagina? Would it be able to take more of a pounding? Phone Post
3/14/13 6:47 PM
JoeMimic
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuuuuuuuck! That hurt just watching. Heal up quick j lau! Phone Post
3/14/13 6:56 PM
UGCTT croy_00
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he at least numb it first or no?
3/14/13 6:56 PM
Haulport

Joe, can't you get surgery to clean that out instead? Or at least get a local injection there right before all the digging?
3/14/13 7:17 PM
Attila
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that's gnarly. Thanks for sharing, Joe.
3/14/13 7:25 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, that looked painful.

Can't wait to see one of my favorite fighters back in the cage!

3/14/13 7:30 PM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The shirt and unprofessional feel made me curious enough to wiki it. One of the critical wiki links is pretty brutal, although this write up appears to be a physician's blog and in no way a journal.

Still this is interesting, and if anyone wants the link

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/the-graston-technique-inducing-microtrauma-with-instruments/
3/14/13 7:31 PM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd go with Diaz's choice to surgically remove the scar tissue any day
3/14/13 7:32 PM
KrisDonahoo
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New chiropractor has used that shit on my feet and a couple fingers, and it absolutely sucks. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like on my forehead, I'm envisioning one of the worst miseries humanly possible.
3/14/13 8:16 PM
PirateJax

MattyECB - The shirt and unprofessional feel made me curious enough to wiki it. One of the critical wiki links is pretty brutal, although this write up appears to be a physician's blog and in no way a journal.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/the-graston-technique-inducing-microtrauma-with-instruments/

Thank you. The article is very well done and should be a template for everyone on the UG of what to look for when evaluating medical/scientific information. They cite peer reviewed literature, and are extremely skeptical of biased and unprofessional sources, yet not overtly biased themselves in looking for an answer (e.g. "I would be very happy if the Graston Technique proves useful, but for the time being it must be considered experimental.").

Your analysis of the article and actually providing a link to it should be commended as well.
3/14/13 8:21 PM
PirateJax

I didn't read the primary article on the rat study, but also funny that the recap says it induced fibroblast proliferation, which themselves are the cell type which cause scar tissue. So this paper supposedly supporting Graston could just as easily be used to argue that it potentially makes scar tissue worse.

*it should be noted they say the experiment in rats was done using a joint injury model, an area where connective tissue is more likely to be good, as opposed to Joe Lauzon's forehead, where connective tissue = scar tissue.
3/14/13 8:31 PM
PirateJax

Also, I just skimmed through the video, but it looks like it is partially re-opening the original cut? That seems like a terrible idea, but do they offer some explanation?
3/14/13 10:33 PM
Joe Lauzon
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MTH - 

Arghh that looks painful . . . .

How many treatments like this have you had?  Have you already noticed improvement, or are you going to need to make it through dozens of these applications?

3 intense ones... then a couple easier ones. Big changes since we started the intense ones. 

3/14/13 10:34 PM
Joe Lauzon

MattyECB - The shirt and unprofessional feel made me curious enough to wiki it. One of the critical wiki links is pretty brutal, although this write up appears to be a physician's blog and in no way a journal.

He is the PT for the Worcester Sharks... thus the shirt. 

3/14/13 10:34 PM
Joe Lauzon

UGCTT croy_00 - Did he at least numb it first or no?

hah... no. 

3/14/13 10:54 PM
ZombieAutoPilot

I thought it was gonna open up again the way he was working it... Phone Post
3/14/13 11:13 PM
Sharkbait
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brutal.
Will you get shaped eyebrows like wandy? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.