UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP feels he needs to finish...or else.

3/17/13 4:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Humboldt
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - Where you at, Diaz fans? Where you at, motherfuckers? Phone Post
Right here bitch. Phone Post
3/17/13 10:18 AM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WW is most stacked division in the UFC and GSP has fought the best competition of all the champions and GOAT contenders.

Who did Anderson fight recently? Someone not even ranked in the Top 50.

Even Hendricks with his 1 hit KO power (greater KO power than A.Silva btw), did he finish Condit? No. IMO Hendricks lost that fight.

Personally I think GSP should have finished Dan Hardy, one can be critical of that, but look at the fighters he faced:

Diaz, Condit, Shields, Kosheck, Alves, all in their primes. Many thought Alves and Condit would beat GSP.
3/17/13 10:24 AM
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
iamarealamerican -
SickEyeDiaz - 
DonFrye_Fan -  Lmao @ GSP being booed for winning. Phone Post

Oh, you don't think that can happen if he lays and prays his way to a decision? Think again. Even his Montreal homeboys will boo if this fight is boring...GUARANTEED.

this is exactly why mma will never be a true sport..the fans like you do not want to see it as a sport but a fight instead, and it seems the UFC agrees

how can the winner be booed?, i don't get it unless you wanna see both participants just 'scrapping' then that makes sense

It's a balance. I want to see martial artists not trying to win a contest but win a fight.

GSP takes very little risk. He's like a machine. After the 3rd round I knew he didn't want any part of Nick's stand-up and would wrestle him the last two. Surprisingly, Nick stuffed many of his shots.

GSP is fighting the best of the best. Against Hendrix, GSP will either get finished or win a decision. As much as I like GSP, I'm rooting for Hendrix. Phone Post
Yep. Fighting nick diaz is not risky. Standing up with diaz is not risky. Grappling with diaz is not risky. Gsp is a pussy. Phone Post
3/17/13 10:28 AM
evad6317
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Full disclosure, I am a huge Diaz fan.

I knew GSP was going to win, but I expected him to administer more of a beatdown instead of wrestling his way to victory. He has it in him, but he fought too cautiously for my taste. Very boring Tito-esque for being a far more gifted fighter.
3/17/13 10:30 AM
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus christ, you'd think this was 25minutes of wrestling. Lol Phone Post
3/17/13 10:49 AM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP gassed early, so did Diaz, thus both were much less aggressive.

Let's take Hendricks vs. the last 6 of GSP's opponents/decision victories:

Condit? Decision of course. I think Hendricks lost this match.

Diaz? Very very likely decision.

Koscheck? Hendricks lost this match, against a prime Kos, it would have been worse.

Alves? Likely decision.

Shields? Who knows, but let's say Hendricks wins via KO.

Hardy? Hendricks would finish him.

You can criticize GSP all you want, but he has faced the greatest competitors of ANY CHAMPION EVER.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.