UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Let's talk about CHAD OWENs fighting...

3/15/13 4:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FCTV808
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you know i would like to know if i'm alone in thinking that mma has turned into the equivilant of pron for failed actors.  i want to see chad do well, but seriously, it's like when dana plato or cindy brady went pron, it's just friggin over. thoughts?

3/15/13 12:30 PM
fnunderful
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've never seen him play football and i've never seen him fight but i think professional athletes at another sport coming in to try mma think they are superior athletes and will have an advantage. Once they get in the ring it doesn't take long to realize that technique and ring experience really does matter in mma and being a good athlete isn't enough.
3/15/13 1:04 PM
JIMMYNAKS
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LET HIM BANG!!
3/15/13 1:05 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Excited to see Kaleo KWAN back in the ring. I'm a fan.
3/15/13 2:38 PM
FCTV808

don't derail this thread jnak! :)
3/16/13 3:48 AM
JIMMYNAKS

Hai!! Phone Post
3/16/13 12:47 PM
hackett
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh, ex football guy brings some glamor & headlines, that's cool... but a bunch of blue-chip second generation MMA fighters (Kamaka, Cooper, Ostovich) on that show, that's really cool to see! I'd definitely go if I were there.

3/16/13 3:57 PM
FCTV808

you have pointed out the correct hackett.
3/17/13 5:15 AM
The Professional
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS - Excited to see Kaleo KWAN back in the ring. I'm a fan.
Kaleo is my boy! Long story short, Kaleo and I are going to start a high school mma/bjj club at kailua high. Mark my words. Fall 2013. Phone Post
3/17/13 6:19 AM
FCTV808

did owens win?
3/17/13 11:08 AM
hackett
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That fight's in April, homie

Some fights next weekend in Waipahu though. Monica Franco is another from Jesus Is Lord.

I know it isn't 2003 with ROTR, but I'd say Hawaii is still a pretty good place to be a fight fan!!!

3/17/13 5:29 PM
FCTV808

LOL! me fail at reading comp. (or a poster design flaw)
3/17/13 5:31 PM
FCTV808

was thinking maybe i should dust off the camera for this event one last time... would like to get the 2nd generation out there a bit.
3/17/13 11:15 PM
hackett

Yeah man, do it!!! I'm trying to dust off my old blog this week, we have to school these young bucks

3/18/13 3:59 PM
Dr. Shocker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*inserts picture of sumotori*
3/18/13 10:51 PM
JIMMYNAKS

I'm no "Expert" or by any means anybody in the MMA community, but for some reason I have to LOLz when these 20something are trying to school me on "UFC" and local fighters, but have no idea what SuperBrawl is or ever attended an ICON or ROTR fight out here.

Please do your Blog and educate on the history and people who fought out here and opened the doors for these new fighters to have the opportunities they have today.

It would be appreciated Phone Post
3/19/13 12:27 AM
WillyMaunawili
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy bringing the TRUTH Phone Post
3/19/13 2:24 AM
fnunderful
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS -  I'm no "Expert" or by any means anybody in the MMA community, but for some reason I have to LOLz when these 20something are trying to school me on "UFC" and local fighters, but have no idea what SuperBrawl is or ever attended an ICON or ROTR fight out here.

Please do your Blog and educate on the history and people who fought out here and opened the doors for these new fighters to have the opportunities they have today.

IN FOR THIS!!! After the epic history of MMA in Hawaii the logical next blog is to solve the mystery behind why it isn't what it used to be...(insert gangster, political, money grubbing assholes involved here...)
3/19/13 3:52 AM
ChinoV
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS -  I'm no "Expert" or by any means anybody in the MMA community, but for some reason I have to LOLz when these 20something are trying to school me on "UFC" and local fighters, but have no idea what SuperBrawl is or ever attended an ICON or ROTR fight out here.

What is this Double D SuperBra you speak of? Do you Trane UFC? What do you know about Trane UFC, brah?? Do you Trane UFC at the UFC gym like me and all other true MMA fighters who just started traning when the gym opened up?

Just let me bang bro!!!
3/19/13 1:15 PM
hackett

fnunderful - 

IN FOR THIS!!! After the epic history of MMA in Hawaii the logical next blog is to solve the mystery behind why it isn't what it used to be...(insert gangster, political, money grubbing assholes involved here...)

I know there are a lot of stories that haven't been told. Some of which... people may even be willing to tell :)

I've been concentrating any writing time of late to Kirik's MMA Hall of Fame project  (I owed him) -- but that's almost done now. Stand by...

3/19/13 1:22 PM
FCTV808

keeping in simple, three things imho "killed" mma in hawaii:

1. over saturation and availability of bigger named fighters on free tv (TUF, Fight network, youtube, fb, etc)]

2. local fighters not doing well in away fights (and not just not doing well in terms of fighting, but entertainment)

3. the DCCA--regulation in hawaii--and EVERYONE that touches it right now.

solution: (see #3--round them up, free trip to molokai, shoot them in the back of the head, pig farm)

3/19/13 4:29 PM
JIMMYNAKS

I feel it will never be what it was, even for the bigger show. That excited feeling you got when you heard Saku was going to fight wandy? Remeber that?

Anticipating a fight that was going to happen months away.

Now there are days I only know there was a UFC because someone posted it on FB.

But if it does happen again, that would be cool too.
3/19/13 4:30 PM
JIMMYNAKS

ChinoV - 

What is this Double D SuperBra you speak of? Do you Trane UFC? What do you know about Trane UFC, brah?? Do you Trane UFC at the UFC gym like me and all other true MMA fighters who just started traning when the gym opened up?

Just let me bang bro!!!

The beauty and ironing of this post is not lost on me my friend.

3/20/13 1:02 AM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS - I feel it will never be what it was, even for the bigger show. That excited feeling you got when you heard Saku was going to fight wandy? Remeber that?

Anticipating a fight that was going to happen months away.

Now there are days I only know there was a UFC because someone posted it on FB.

But if it does happen again, that would be cool too.

The grand prix's were also unreal.. Like Genki when Pride got bought out mma stopped for me as well
3/20/13 9:50 AM
ChinoV
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS - 
ChinoV - 

Just let me bang bro!!!

The beauty and ironing of this post is not lost on me my friend.

I'm glad you understand Mr. Jo Koy!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.