UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Clay Guida Injured, Out of Chad Mendes Fight

3/15/13 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FreakDaddy
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard he trip over his hair while chasing cave wenches :) I wish him a speedy recovery.....
3/15/13 11:57 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The worst part about this is that Guida's gonna come back and get matched up with a striker with bad TDD.
3/15/13 11:59 AM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, was looking forward to seeing Guida get roughed up.
3/15/13 11:59 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he injure his shoulder practicing shoulder shrugs? Phone Post
3/15/13 1:14 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are people saying Edgar?

Yes thats a good fight but look at the placement of the fight, you believe the UFC is gonna put Edgar/Mendes on the prelims of a Fox card?

Hioki or maybe sign Georgi K is the best options at this point.

They are gonna keep Edgar for a fight wit Cub on a PPv in the summer.
3/15/13 1:59 PM
Stea1th

"

"Last Friday, Clay Guida was at this bar Five Roses which is near my house in Rosemont, IL. My gf's cousin is a huge whore, and she was hitting on Guida, and he was actually into her. She has been known to have STDs and such, so me and my gf were joking around saying, watch in a few days we are going to read the headline, Guida out of fight with Mendes due to undisclosed injury (the clap). Then this happens. True story."

thoughts?
3/15/13 2:23 PM
MediumRareMistake
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Why are people saying Edgar?

Yes thats a good fight but look at the placement of the fight, you believe the UFC is gonna put Edgar/Mendes on the prelims of a Fox card?

Ya I didn't realize that this was a prelim, you're right. Phone Post
3/15/13 2:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe they'll try try to give him Hacran Dias again. I still would really like to see that. Phone Post
3/15/13 2:26 PM
HolyHackZack
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Why are people saying Edgar?

I think the bigger problem is why is the number 2 guy in his division on the undercard?
3/15/13 2:31 PM
Lefthook33
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stea1th -

"

"Last Friday, Clay Guida was at this bar Five Roses which is near my house in Rosemont, IL. My gf's cousin is a huge whore, and she was hitting on Guida, and he was actually into her. She has been known to have STDs and such, so me and my gf were joking around saying, watch in a few days we are going to read the headline, Guida out of fight with Mendes due to undisclosed injury (the clap). Then this happens. True story."

thoughts?
Wtf? Haha funny if true Phone Post
3/15/13 2:31 PM
pennviachoke
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't excited about that fight anyhow...now I am though!! Phone Post
3/15/13 2:32 PM
Drguildo

Damn, now we might have an exciting fight.... Phone Post
3/15/13 2:34 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyHackZack -
Chris27 - Why are people saying Edgar?

I think the bigger problem is why is the number 2 guy in his division on the undercard?
Because you don't want Guida killing a main card on Fox. I'm not really sure why they stack the Fox prelims so much though. Maybe so they have backup in case a main card fight gets cancelled Phone Post
3/15/13 10:42 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/15/13 11:22 PM
Arachnoid

Hate to hear anyone is injured, but I'm glad he wont be wasting a main card slot. Guida really needs to be a Facebook prelim.
3/15/13 11:52 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now when will I do the beer run?
3/16/13 12:21 AM
Seats Taken
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He probably twisted his ankle running.

How many cards have ever been saved by injury? Phone Post
3/16/13 12:25 AM
tonytr

I think it's off-base to say his injury will improve the card. Mendes is a great wreslter who would've forced Guida to stand, and after the criticism he received from the Maynard fight I never foresaw Guida doing that running shit again.

I also don't think Mendes would've let him. Let's face it, Guida was terrible in that fight, but Maynard could've been a little more aggressive too.
3/16/13 12:33 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Arachnoid - Hate to hear anyone is injured, but I'm glad he wont be wasting a main card slot. Guida really needs to be a Facebook prelim.
He was on the prelims already Phone Post
3/16/13 12:36 AM
MickColins
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing the injury is bad shin splints or runner's knee. Im never happy when a dude gets hurt but im happy a Guida fight won't be forced on us.

3/16/13 12:38 AM
Chris27

Sucks for Mendes but I hope they keep him on the card.

Yes the card can afford to lose that fight since the prelims are still really good but I hope they can get someone decent to fight him, not a total joke of a fight.

Hioki or Georgi would be a great replacement.
3/16/13 12:38 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei - Mendes vs Edgar! Phone Post
Winner winner. Phone Post
3/16/13 4:38 AM
GelderdEnd

Epic duck IMO....he knew he would be sent packing with the inevitable loss Phone Post
3/16/13 4:40 AM
FunDeath4u

Damn, I thought it said out of the UFC completely...
3/16/13 9:52 AM
xsrg95
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is it too soon for Cub Swanson to take the fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.