UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Got My 2 Year VISA :)

3/15/13 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
Kirik - 

Lot of female talent at Jackson's. Don't know if you care if there are females to train with or not. Lot of good male talent there, too :-)

I'm happy to train with guys or girls... its never mattered to me :)

Where do you train Kirik & which part of America??

I dunno where Kirik trains, but Jackson's is in Albuquerque, New Mexico, surrounded by desert. Relatively few distractions in Albuquerque and the higher elevation make it a good place to train, and also I believe they have the largest female fight team in the world, including Michelle Waterson.
3/15/13 11:22 AM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
Steve4192 - 
RowdyBec - 
Ceelo - Come train up here in NorCal with the Scrappack :) Diaz brothers, Melendez,Shields

I'd probably faint if I saw the Diaz Bro's in person LOL :) Major fan girl moment would be had!!

Talk to Leslie Smith at the next Invicta event. She trains with those guys. I'm sure she could set something up.

Good idea :) Leslie is the female Nick Diaz after all!! 

Who knows, you might even run into that other 'Rowdy' MMA fighter if you time it right.
3/15/13 11:24 AM
GregNoActionJackson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should make sure you hit the east coast. Nyc,.Philly, atlantic city. Phone Post
3/15/13 11:25 AM
J. Manly
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie Fighter is an excellent place to train. Lots of great coaches and training partners. Whatever you decide I certainly wouldn't go anyplace other than California Phone Post
3/15/13 11:25 AM
clattymine
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to denver. Great city, lots of places to train, plus you can train at elevation.

The mtns are close and you can get in to snow most of the year if you know where to look.
3/15/13 11:26 AM
DreamMMA
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

Team Jackson probably has the biggest stable of female fighters in the world. If you want a chance to train with some of the best, you can't go wrong there. Talk to Julie Kedzie and Michelle Waterson at the next Invicta event. I'm sure they could set you up with an invite.

You also might want to look at HD MMA in Kansas City since you have to go there anyway for your Invicta fights. Jason High and LC Davis are both damn solid pro fighters and have a lot to offer.

http://www.highdavismma.com/instructor-profiles
This. Holly holm is there too. All great fighters. Phone Post
3/15/13 11:30 AM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahn I see you got the awesome 'put your feet on the yellow feet stare at the monitor' automated passport! Petty they don't come with a thick shake and fries, would be the best plane exit drive through ever! Phone Post
3/15/13 11:31 AM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
Chromium - Definitely try the local sushi, as California tends to have a disproportionate amount of bitchin' Japanese restaurants (admittedly I say this as being in NorCal rather than SoCal), and sushi is very healthy.

Also, we may not have the Himilayas or the Andes but we still have some tall-ass mountains, and hiking is great exercise. I've never been up Mt. Whitney though (tallest mountain in the continental U.S., and for some reason it's in California; ask about the permit-lottery thing, since California is hard-up for cash).

Also, should you ever make your way to our northeastern corner that is Maine, birthplace of Stephen King and Tim Sylvia, EAT THE LOBSTER. ALL OF IT. ALL THAT YOU CAN GET. WITH BUTTER SAUCE. And bring a bib.

Also, should you happen to touch a wild animal here, don't worry. It's not poisonous.

I love me some Japanese :) Someone else actually told me about lobster in Maine believe it or not!!

Well, Maine is pretty out of the way so that's what sticks out in most people's minds.

If you're down for crab instead, Maryland has some kick-ass crab cakes and seafood. If you go to Baltimore, where the HBO documentary series known as The Wire was shot, check out the seafood at the harbor area. Also the aquarium is cool, although admittedly I haven't been since I was about 10, so I may be misremembering it. And stay out of the places in the city that aren't the harbor. Or go into the city at night. In fact, forget about Baltimore.

I have to go do stuff now but someone should probably make a list of places for RowdyBec to avoid and remember include to include all of Indiana on it (not that most of Indiana is dangerous, just that it sucks).
3/15/13 11:41 AM
Naderhood
947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to Sityodtong in Somerville, MA. It's just North of Boston. While there u can also train at my gym 30 min north of there. We have some very good female fighters. One of them is in that 20k female 145 tournie in FL. (It's not Fallon Fox) Phone Post
3/15/13 11:42 AM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell invicta to put on a card here in Virginia :)

Lots of mma fans here Phone Post
3/15/13 11:42 AM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heel Hooker - I love Americans as individuals but not as a country. I would seek out trainers and academies of people you already know, lots of places can be unwelcoming dicks or try to "put" you in your place.

Canada isn't like that though.

Shut the fuck up you self-righteous Canuck.

Canadian gyms are no different than American gyms. There are some good ones and some bad ones, and every gym has it's share of nice people and jerks.
3/15/13 11:47 AM
The_KoJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best place here is my bedroom, you should come visit! :D Phone Post
3/15/13 11:51 AM
Kirik
2061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
RowdyBec - 
Kirik - 

Lot of female talent at Jackson's. Don't know if you care if there are females to train with or not. Lot of good male talent there, too :-)

I have run an MMA gym in Western Massachusetts since 1994. If you come to Boston, I can take you around to Sityodtong, Lauzon MMA, etc.

If you go to Maine, train with Jay Jack and Amanda in So Portland.

3/15/13 11:59 AM
Naderhood
947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
RowdyBec - 
Kirik - 

I have run an MMA gym in Western Massachusetts since 1994. If you come to Boston, I can take you around to Sityodtong, Lauzon MMA, etc.

If you go to Maine, train with Jay Jack and Amanda in So Portland.

How come I've never gotten an invite to your gym? I'm way more famous than she is. Phone Post
3/15/13 12:07 PM
Gendai Budo
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ceelo - Come train up here in NorCal with the Scrappack :) Diaz brothers, Melendez,Shields
Not just the Cesar Gracie team

Alpha Male
AKA
and others Phone Post
3/15/13 12:19 PM
mmaattorney
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bec:

Come to Sacramento. YOu can train with Veronica Roth at Urijah Faber's Gym. They just hired Duane Bang Ludwig as their head coach.

In Sacramento, you will also have the opportunity to train in Lodi with the Diaz's, San Jose at American Kickboxing Academy, or in San Francisco at El Nino's Training Center (Gil Melendez).

Sacramento is also in the middle of San Francisco and Lake Tahoe (google it)

Good luck and hope to see you.

3/15/13 12:19 PM
mmaattorney
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bec:

Come to Sacramento. YOu can train with Veronica Roth at Urijah Faber's Gym. They just hired Duane Bang Ludwig as their head coach.

In Sacramento, you will also have the opportunity to train in Lodi with the Diaz's, San Jose at American Kickboxing Academy, or in San Francisco at El Nino's Training Center (Gil Melendez).

3/15/13 12:24 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -

San Diego is definitely on the list. I wanna make good use of Liz Carmouche's offer to train together :) 

Oh & I had Sonic when I was in KC in January... it tasted much better than fast food here in Australia LOL!!

When u go to SD, Get a Buffalo or Ostrich burger at The Malt Shop... No can Defend!!

Only fast Food Burger even worth talking about is In n Out!

San Diego is Where you need to go... At least for a little bit... IMO

War Rowdy Phone Post
3/15/13 12:28 PM
Gendai Budo

Gendai Budo -
Ceelo - Come train up here in NorCal with the Scrappack :) Diaz brothers, Melendez,Shields
Not just the Cesar Gracie team

Alpha Male
AKA
and others Phone Post
Oh, honorable mention for the Olympic Training Center at San Jose State University since Marty Malloy won a bronze in Judo at the London Olympics. Phone Post
3/15/13 12:32 PM
rookie29

Ha, the United States is a very big place. I hope she's prepared for a lot of suggestions. Phone Post
3/15/13 12:36 PM
jessethekid
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaattorney -

Bec:

And then 2 hours north from there in Red bluff our team is beating each other up in a barn, you are more than welcome to join:) Phone Post
3/15/13 12:49 PM
shaqitup
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
King Trav -  Come to Canada! It's better. Better people. Better food. Better health care. WAAAAAY better beer! And you can get Vegemite. Just sayin'....

USA is fine to visit, but I wouldn't live there! Phone Post

I'll come to Canada if you can arrange a meeting with Kenny & Spenny?? :)

You get more likeable the more you post, love kenny vs spenny.

3/15/13 12:58 PM
buvaiser

for your standup style, the chute boxe style training w/ rafael cordeiro at King's MMA in fountain valley, orange county, CA would be good. you can also work w/ fabricio werdum there to up ur ground game.

AKA at san jose is great too.

then again you can't go wrong w/ training w/ cesar gracie but you gotta think about where you want to live. orange county and san diego are much nicer places to hang out than central california (where cesar gracie is) or new mexico (jackson).
3/15/13 1:00 PM
lildragonof
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell ya Bec in the USA. Phone Post
3/15/13 1:02 PM
ferocitytv
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're looking to do some excellent jiu jitsu training, Gracie Academy Torrance with Ryron and Rener Gracie is highly recommended. I got my blue belt there and hope to return after I'm all healed from my surgery. Torrance is just south of Los Angeles.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.