UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Got My 2 Year VISA :)

3/15/13 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
walkinassassin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaattorney -

Bec:

Come to Sacramento. YOu can train with Veronica Roth at Urijah Faber's Gym. They just hired Duane Bang Ludwig as their head coach.

In Sacramento, you will also have the opportunity to train in Lodi with the Diaz's, San Jose at American Kickboxing Academy, or in San Francisco at El Nino's Training Center (Gil Melendez).

Sacramento is also in the middle of San Francisco and Lake Tahoe (google it)

Good luck and hope to see you.

This Phone Post
3/15/13 1:40 PM
Helgaiden
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A little inland from LA and OC in Southern California are a few good places. 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in Riverside, Milennia MMA in Rancho Cucamonga, and just a few miles away from that is my favorite which is Aguirre's Fighting Systems. Could learn some interesting things there regarding ground game cuz the head coach there is trained under ted williams and gene lebell and combines sambo, bjj, judo (obviously), and wrestling into his groungame. Its pretty fun learning that combo haha. Also is an affiliate with Bang! (duane ludwig's thing). Prolly gonna get a votedown now cuz it sounds like im advertising. Just talkin about what i know, folks! Have fun and good luck!
3/15/13 2:08 PM
time traveling 12er
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/15/13 2:18 PM

If you're looking for recreation and you like beaches and the outdoors I'd suggest taking the drive from LA to San Francisco up the PCH and camp along the way.  You can google Big Sur and see if it's up your alley.

3/15/13 2:40 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm, my Mrs knew about this 24 hours before me and all because she has this thing called Facebook. We should receive all news first.

:) Phone Post
3/15/13 2:47 PM
BzGrappla

U need to go Visit Warr Machine aka Jon and go train with him in San Diego
3/15/13 3:05 PM
King Trav
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear Team Lloyd Irvin has some recent vacancies. I think he's looking for new students. Phone Post
3/15/13 3:27 PM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roufusport Phone Post
3/15/13 9:58 PM
RowdyBec
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood - 
Kirik -
RowdyBec - 
Kirik - 

Lot of female talent at Jackson's. Don't know if you care if there are females to train with or not. Lot of good male talent there, too :-)

I'm happy to train with guys or girls... its never mattered to me :)

Where do you train Kirik & which part of America??

I have run an MMA gym in Western Massachusetts since 1994. If you come to Boston, I can take you around to Sityodtong, Lauzon MMA, etc.

If you go to Maine, train with Jay Jack and Amanda in So Portland.

How come I've never gotten an invite to your gym? I'm way more famous than she is. Phone Post

Nader... you may be cool & all but I'm AWESOME SAUCE :)

3/15/13 9:59 PM
RowdyBec
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King Trav - 
RowdyBec -
King Trav -  Come to Canada! It's better. Better people. Better food. Better health care. WAAAAAY better beer! And you can get Vegemite. Just sayin'....

USA is fine to visit, but I wouldn't live there! Phone Post

I'll come to Canada if you can arrange a meeting with Kenny & Spenny?? :)

Ooooooo....I smell an episode brewing. Who can eat more cupcakes and then fist fight a girl. I like it!

You may have to wear an octopus on your head and drop acid though.... Phone Post

LOLBURGER!! That was the best episode by far :)

3/15/13 10:22 PM
RowdyBec

BzGrappla - U need to go Visit Warr Machine aka Jon and go train with him in San Diego

War Machine is merely my Twitter Husband ;)

3/15/13 10:23 PM
RowdyBec

King Trav -  I hear Team Lloyd Irvin has some recent vacancies. I think he's looking for new students. Phone Post

LOLBURGER!! Lloyd Irvin can suck on dez nuts :)

*That's what I'd be saying if I had nuts*

3/15/13 10:24 PM
RowdyBec

Thanks for all the suggestions guys... please keep them coming :) Too many to reply to each & every one of you but I am googling everything in my time!! 

3/15/13 10:48 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2538 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -

Thanks for all the suggestions guys... please keep them coming :) Too many to reply to each & every one of you but I am googling everything in my time!! 

You gunna bring the Hound? How is the little Stud? Phone Post
3/16/13 1:51 PM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go train with McCorkle.
3/16/13 2:51 PM
ABE FROMAN

Renzo Gracie NYC Phone Post
3/16/13 3:21 PM
BzGrappla

Go train with Uriah faber.. or Nick Diaz and Jake shields.. Honda Rousey too
3/16/13 4:14 PM
The_KoJ

RowdyBec -

You're not gonna find my bedroom on Google, buy it's always open and available for uhh traneing, yeah... Traneing Phone Post
3/17/13 9:59 PM
RowdyBec

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
RowdyBec -

You gunna bring the Hound? How is the little Stud? Phone Post

LOL :) I don't think the Meatasaurus would survive the plane rides!!

3/18/13 12:27 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's lots to do in California alone, even if I'm more partial to the East Coast (I've lived on both).

About In N' Out Burger: probably worth visiting once or twice, but they're nothing amazing. However, since no one's mentioned it, remember that there's A SECRET MENU, which is better than the normal one. Ask a Californian about that before going to one.

Frankly, I'm much more grateful for all the cheap and authentic Mexican food I can get out here. Also, sushi is relatively easy to come by (although I wish to god I could get some from a grocery store that wasn't covered in fucking sesame seeds).

Finally, if you're gonna be in the U.S. more or less for two whole years... you should strongly consider getting a car. They're damn near mandatory in most places. There's only a handful of cities in the U.S. where you can get by without one if you commute (most notably New York City is actually easier to live in without a car), and none of those are places you're likely to be training. On the plus side, while the price of petrol keeps rising, it's still cheaper than in Australia. No one here calls it petrol though.
3/18/13 12:54 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Ms. Hyatt:

Here is a brief guide to American slang. Most of this you probably know already, so I apologize in advance. Hopefully, some of this might be helpful:

"gas" = petrol

"soccer" = football

"football" = mechanized sci-fi rugby

"elevator" = lift

"lift" = a free ride (e.g. "could I get a lift to the roflcat market? I need to pick up a bottle of awesomesauce."

"wolf tickets" = no one knows what the fuck this is outside of parts of California. I assume it is a carnival ride.

"hella" = very (again this is predominantly a Californian thing)

"eightball" = a measurement of crack cocaine or crystal meth

a "check" at a restaurant = bill

"pitcher" of beer = jug

"pharmacy" or "drugstore" = "chemist" or "apothecary"

a "trunk" in a vehicle = boot

"first floor" of a building = ground floor

"second floor" = "first floor" (however, I maintain that y'all are the weird ones)

"a rubber" = this is NOT a pencil eraser!

"Fosters" = an obscure beer that every American thinks Australians drink. If anyone asks you about "Fosters" it is proper etiquette to punch them in the face.

"grill" (noun) = barbeque

"barbeque" (noun) = a category of awesome food

"lolburger" = "lolburger" (pronounced differently though)

"fanny" = innocuous, slightly childish word for one's bum. Not kidding. Related: a "fanny pack" is literally just an unfashionable unisex purse worn attached to a waste strap that is mildly useful if you do a lot of jogging.

"bum" = a homeless person, a bad fighter, or both. No one here actually uses the word to describe buttocks.

"tipping" = a practice that most foreigners fail at (4 real u might want 2 read a guide 2 American tipping; waiters and waitresses in particular depend on it for their livelihood).

"health" = something most Americans fail at.

Others feel free to add, as there are a lot of tips and tricks to living in America that aren't always obvious or commonly depicted in American media.

3/18/13 1:00 AM
thatdude21601
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Americans will ask you how you are. Don't be too long winded with the answer, because they don't really care how you are... but asking saves them from just going "ummmmmm" after saying hello.

So just say "fine". Three words at most.
3/18/13 1:03 AM
Chromium

^^^^^ Honestly, as an American, I've always hated that practice. I usually try to be genuine, e.g. "I'm fucking peaches and cream, how are you?"
3/18/13 1:04 AM
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

welcome to the united states,i hope you enjoy yourself.its a better place then most give it credit for.lots of good ppl here and some not so good

3/18/13 1:16 AM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope you make it out here to Vegas for the TUF finale, being they are holding tryouts for the next season right after :)

3/18/13 2:08 AM
RowdyBec

Chromium - For Ms. Hyatt:

Here is a brief guide to American slang. Most of this you probably know already, so I apologize in advance. Hopefully, some of this might be helpful:

"gas" = petrol

"soccer" = football

"football" = mechanized sci-fi rugby

"elevator" = lift

"lift" = a free ride (e.g. "could I get a lift to the roflcat market? I need to pick up a bottle of awesomesauce."

"wolf tickets" = no one knows what the fuck this is outside of parts of California. I assume it is a carnival ride.

"hella" = very (again this is predominantly a Californian thing)

"eightball" = a measurement of crack cocaine or crystal meth

a "check" at a restaurant = bill

"pitcher" of beer = jug

"pharmacy" or "drugstore" = "chemist" or "apothecary"

a "trunk" in a vehicle = boot

"first floor" of a building = ground floor

"second floor" = "first floor" (however, I maintain that y'all are the weird ones)

"a rubber" = this is NOT a pencil eraser!

"Fosters" = an obscure beer that every American thinks Australians drink. If anyone asks you about "Fosters" it is proper etiquette to punch them in the face.

"grill" (noun) = barbeque

"barbeque" (noun) = a category of awesome food

"lolburger" = "lolburger" (pronounced differently though)

"fanny" = innocuous, slightly childish word for one's bum. Not kidding. Related: a "fanny pack" is literally just an unfashionable unisex purse worn attached to a waste strap that is mildly useful if you do a lot of jogging.

"bum" = a homeless person, a bad fighter, or both. No one here actually uses the word to describe buttocks.

"tipping" = a practice that most foreigners fail at (4 real u might want 2 read a guide 2 American tipping; waiters and waitresses in particular depend on it for their livelihood).

"health" = something most Americans fail at.

Others feel free to add, as there are a lot of tips and tricks to living in America that aren't always obvious or commonly depicted in American media.

LOL :) Thanks for all the information!! I only knew a couple of these :)

By the way I actually tipped every meal last time I was over!! 15% for an okay meal, 20% for a great meal yes??

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.