UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: I'm playing mind games with Diaz

3/15/13 4:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Many fans feel that Nick Diaz has gotten into the head of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. Yesterday's pre-fight press conference did little to dispell the notion, as Nick Diaz dominated the proceedings, at one point causing GSP to sputter "You really think I'm scared of you? You are crazy in the head."

UFC president Dana White thinks there is a method to Diaz's compelling madness.

"As crazy as Nick Diaz is, I think there is a strategy behind everything he does and says," said White.

At the media workout, St-Pierre himself admitted that the absent Diaz had gotten to him.

"Diaz got into my head," conceded the champ simply.

However, St-Pierre says it is he who is in Diaz's head, too.

"I play a bit of a mind game, but I never talk about it because it's one of my tricks," said St-Pierre says. "Now that you said it, I'm sure other people will hear it and ask me questions about it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer. It's part of my strategy."

As Yoga Berra explained definitively “90% of the game is half mental.” Do you think Diaz is winning the mental game thus far? Or is it GSP? Or, does it even matter  - was Mike Tyson right when he said "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

3/15/13 4:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nick Diaz Fan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nah diaz is under gsps skin more than gsp is under nicks
3/15/13 4:34 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm rooting for you Georges, but I don't believe you lol.
3/15/13 4:37 PM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there has been a lot of psychology but gsp has been rattled by nick. nicks fight mode is different to gsps. whether or not it will have an influence on how the fight goes is another thing. if gsp ends up being overly agressive, wanting to stand with nick then that plays into nicks game.

3/15/13 4:40 PM
Addo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

there has been a lot of psychology but gsp has been rattled by nick. nicks fight mode is different to gsps. whether or not it will have an influence on how the fight goes is another thing. if gsp ends up being overly agressive, wanting to stand with nick then that plays into nicks game.

I am more interested in seeing how this fight plays out than any other i can think of. It would be so cool if GSP stands, but Diaz will make it exciting no matter what.
3/15/13 4:41 PM
Woodford Mike
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol - GSP isn't playing mind games with him. I don't know why he even said that.

Diaz is trying to play mind games with GSP, but I don't think it's having any real effect. GSP is far too experienced at this point to let any of that stuff get to him.

All hype. Phone Post
3/15/13 4:46 PM
6ULDV8
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz has got GSP on the back foot.  I think a lot of it is GSP knows English really well, but only enough to know the words spoken, not the intention behind them.

It's always tripping him up with Nick because he's never really known what Nick was saying.

Nick has kind of picked up on it too.  

GSP will probably win because he always does, but Nick's definitely got the edge on grit.  Thing is, he ain't playing no mind games motherfuckers.  He just wants to fight.

Goosebumps motherfucker!  Do you have them!?

3/15/13 4:47 PM
Lroy10
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We know you are Georges. Stay with that too, the mindfuck is really starting to work now. Everyone sees it, brilliant.
3/15/13 4:50 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be true. GSP played Kos like a riddle.

3/15/13 4:54 PM
EdTheGreat

Well with Diaz going on all these rants about GSP I wouldn't doubt it
3/15/13 4:56 PM
CaptainWoody
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch how GSP copies Nick

Nick turns to the crowd, George follows suit. I thought about this after the press conference too. It is like George is trying to be like Nick, with being off-putting to the media and coming across as not a nice guy like he usually does.

I don't think this is on purpose, in psychology when one person seems to emulate another it can be a sign of feeling inferior. Of course I could be talking out of my ass and GSP whoops Nick's ass IDK.

3/15/13 4:58 PM
Jmadd
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"mind games"
what if the fight started and they just stand there in their corners and have a showdown ala zach galifianakis and steve carell from Dinner for Schmucks,

i think that would be funny.
3/15/13 5:00 PM
jetbluejesus
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Diaz is playing mind games. I think he's just being himself. As far as GSP playing mind games, I don't see it. But maybe his mind games are just on such a completely different level that they can't easily be understood.
3/15/13 5:12 PM
antifret

CaptainWoody - 

Watch how GSP copies Nick

Nick turns to the crowd, George follows suit. I thought about this after the press conference too. It is like George is trying to be like Nick, with being off-putting to the media and coming across as not a nice guy like he usually does.

I don't think this is on purpose, in psychology when one person seems to emulate another it can be a sign of feeling inferior. Of course I could be talking out of my ass and GSP whoops Nick's ass IDK.

You could be right and GSP still whoops Nick. I have felt inferior to many people and still beat their ass. Once someone made me cry and I kicked their ass while crying. Feelings don't matter alot of the time.
3/15/13 5:12 PM
CaptainWoody
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan in that gif is great as always too
3/15/13 5:17 PM
CaptainWoody

antifret

Sure I agree, but with these guys it is much different than beating up some dude who pissed you off.

This is different, these guys are trained specifically to beat someone else up, that is their job. At that level feelings, and the mental game matters a whole hell of a lot.
3/15/13 5:23 PM
Lazer MMA

LOL at how ready Dana was to separate them. His hands came up right away before any contact.

Not much longer to go before folkes realize all this horse manure crap was bogus (in terms of accomplishing anything). GSP via stoppage in RD. 3 for cuts due to GNP. / story

3/15/13 5:24 PM
rrg1

Stephen Holder - riiiiiight riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Just look at Georges and his mannerisms this week, anyone whose seen someone about to throw who is not confident or is scared behaves EXACTLY like the way GSP at the presser and weighins. Of course the old addage applies that its healthy to be a little scured but hes alota scurred homies. Get ready for Diaz to flip this place on its proverbial ass.

This actually makes sense to you? I mean, you really believe this?

GSP is going to do whatever he wants to Nicky whenever he wants.

3/15/13 5:24 PM
TEX4N
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground Blog -

GSP: I'm playing mind games with Diaz

Many fans feel that Nick Diaz has gotten into the head of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. Yesterday's pre-fight press conference did little to dispell the notion, as the Nick Diaz dominated the proceedings, at one point causing GSP to sputter "You really think I'm scared of you? You are crazy in the head."

However, St-Pierre says it is he who is in Diaz's head.

"I play a bit of a mind game, but I never talk about it because it's one of my tricks," said St-Pierre says. "Now that you said it, I'm sure other people will hear it and ask me questions about it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer. It's part of my strategy."

Phone Post
3/15/13 5:27 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Rogan saw it was going to be broken up too soon and jumped in as quickly as he could to get a small glimpse of the intensity of the staredown. Some might say he's a master photobomber.
3/15/13 5:32 PM
pennviachoke
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only person that is mentally fucking with Diaz is himself..he's in GSP's head..Nick just can't handle publicity prefight too well imo Phone Post
3/15/13 5:32 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PFt! Dana sure knows how to spin shit.

LMAO at you if you think Diaz has any idea what he's doing minute to minute
3/15/13 5:36 PM
BJs Pen
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeaaa I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on GSPs nonsense
3/15/13 5:43 PM
Jmadd

jetbluejesus - I don't think Diaz is playing mind games. I think he's just being himself. As far as GSP playing mind games, I don't see it. But maybe his mind games are just on such a completely different level that they can't easily be understood.

not on a different level. they're just in french.
3/15/13 5:46 PM
5 Round Main Event

What's with all of the people doubting GSP's ability to play head games?

He's smarter than you all think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noIw1G2zlDk

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.