UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> tweaked lower back

3/15/13 8:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jpt123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hurt my lower back at work a few months ago and was wondering what kind of strength routine would be safest. The back will hurt sporadically from random shit(picking up laundry basket, raking leaves). i'd love to start starting strength but I'm nervous I'll do futher damage. Any suggestion?
3/15/13 9:21 PM
AdrianK
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you talked to a doctor or any kind of physio/physical therapist/chiropractor or anything of the sort? Getting the issue actually diagnosed and direction from a medical professional would be a good starting point on how to proceed. You gotta be careful/wise about injuries like that, don't rush into anything, start light and slow and see how it goes, if you start setting off painful reactions back right off. There are always ways to work around injuries though. Obviously if moving laundry baskets is an issue you don't really want to be diving into max effort deadlifts
3/15/13 10:55 PM
Badmonkey

Foundationtraining.com

Start doing the free 12 minute workout every day and keep up best you can.
3/16/13 9:53 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man it hurts when you pick a laundry baskets and you want to start lifting heavy weights.

Go to the doctor, if you really fuck your back up bad, then you'll be in a world of shit, have it checked.
3/16/13 1:07 PM
jpt123

I went to the chiropractor I think he said l4 l5 was locked up. He didn't really give me any restrictions. I had been working for a masonry company so there was no way to avoid lifting heavy weights. Its not every time I lift stuff I just used the laundry basket as an example. I had no pain for like two weeks, picked up a basket with nothing in it and it tweaked again.
3/16/13 2:34 PM
AdrianK
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My new hip belt from IronMind has been doing some amazing things for my low back issues. I think it's providing a traction like effect or stretching things out but whatever it is it's been a really nice side effect. Inversion tables are good tool to use at home as well. Self massaging tools such as foam rollers, balls, theracanes can be effective for pain management. You may want to try a pain relief clinic as well, I've had good results from low level laser therapy for various injuries. Continue seeing your chiropractor as well. JUst find ways to work around your pain in the gym, be aware and be smart, back off when you need to and find movements that don't trigger the pain.
3/16/13 2:51 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/13 3:26 PM
A.R.T. active release therapy, I think it is Adventure Runner that can tell you where to find one in your area.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.