UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Anyone collect old RPG's?

3/16/13 4:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the 70's/early 80's?
3/16/13 11:55 AM
Tidbits
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a fairly extensive AD&D collection
3/16/13 12:43 PM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been picking up a ton of obscure ones, and no reason why. I haven't played in years. I just picked up an old TSR game The 4th Dimension (not really an RPG) and an original GURPS box set.

I'll have to make a list and throw them up here. Got some what I consider bizarre stuff.
3/16/13 12:56 PM
Master_Blaster
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to have a pretty good collection of Palladium books and a few early D&D books. They disappeared along with a lot of my comic books while in storage at my grandparents' house. I don't play anymore at all, so I've never bothered trying to replace any.
3/16/13 11:12 PM
None So Blind
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much of that stuff is torrented, FWIW.

I snagged some big ol' torrent a ways back that all the AD&D modules from 1975 to 1995 or so, over a hundred, it was GLORIOUS :-)

Another one that was the entire collected Marvel RPG - I had no idea that they made so many modules for that one, I had thought there were only 4-5, but I found s/t like 30.
3/19/13 8:59 AM
edwims
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - Much of that stuff is torrented, FWIW.

I snagged some big ol' torrent a ways back that all the AD&D modules from 1975 to 1995 or so, over a hundred, it was GLORIOUS :-)

Another one that was the entire collected Marvel RPG - I had no idea that they made so many modules for that one, I had thought there were only 4-5, but I found s/t like 30.

my friends and I played the hell out of that Marvel rpg...with FASERIP....awesome and easy to play game
3/19/13 12:23 PM
JJitsu
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to have Star Frontier and the 80's Marvel Superheroes, the OG TMNT and some 70's D&D, an OG AD&D Dungeon Master guide.
and it all got stolen out of my moms garage a while back :[
3/19/13 12:26 PM
JJitsu
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

edwims - 
None So Blind - Much of that stuff is torrented, FWIW.

my friends and I played the hell out of that Marvel rpg...with FASERIP....awesome and easy to play game

Fucking loved that game, I always wanna pull the superhero guide out when they do NQOTD for the power rankings.
3/19/13 1:08 PM
Daredevil73
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have several non-D&D ones.

Top Secret
Original Marvel Super Heroes Game
Advanced Marvel Super Heroes Game (I have the entire collection of characters, too)
Bushido

I particularly like Bushido. Jiu-Jutsu was a skill that you learned in that game and it had unique rules to deal with it. Leglocks/Armbars, chokes, etc.
3/19/13 1:59 PM
phydeau
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Original Top Secret
Original Gama World
Chivalry & Sorcery
Arduin Grimoire
Tunnels & Trolls
Classic Traveller
Boot Hill
RuneQuest
Rolemaster
3/19/13 4:44 PM
edwims
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just bought the Chill rpg online a few months ago

think I might run a one off adventure for my friends sometime
3/19/13 5:06 PM
DOOOOOOOOOM!!
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a ton.  If you're really interested in old RPGs, one of the best (for many, many reasons) is the old Arduin Grimoire books by Dave Hargrave.  The first 3 are amazing and FULL TO THE BRIM of awesomeness.

TSR raided them for ideas many, many times.

3/19/13 5:22 PM
Beezulbubba

Sweet. never heard of the Arduin Grimoire. Like I said not even sure why I keep grabbing them. Haven't played decades. The ones I got last thursday were at a book sale. All about $2 a piece.

AD&D Dungeon Master's Manual in excellent condition. Usually I find them and they are kind of beat.

Champions The Super role-Playing game

City Book I Butcher, baker, candlestick maker All-system catalyst series

GURPS box set 1986

4th Dimension a strategy game by TSR 1979

Also have picked up Gang Busters by TSR and a two different box sets of their Top Secret spy game.

And some 1970's Avalon Hill games 1776, Gunslinger, and Starship Troopers.

Twilight 2000 some military type game.

And a Gammaworld type game called Aftermath (?). I'll have to doublecheck that one as it's put away.

And of course a few box sets of basic d & d modules and games.

And a nice find was Battle Masters in a goodwill a couple weeks back for 3.99.
3/20/13 10:20 AM
None So Blind
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap, DOOOOOOOOM sighting :-P
3/20/13 12:33 PM
Stickgrappler
1861 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't collect them, have very little left, a 'friend' i used to play with moved and he expected me to help him pack up... i had a 104 fever/flu that week and couldn't help.

so i'm still with fever and like an hour before his scheduled leave time - asked my mom to drive me over. i went up, weak and burning... saying my last goodbye and expecting him to hand them over. he just said goodbye and instead of putting them aside, if need be asking his mom to hold them for me, but what did he do? yep, packed them up and he had no regrets.

i started tearing up a little, he thought it was cos of our 'friendship'... it was me realizing the mofo had no morals whatsoever. so sick and weak, so i whateva'd the sitch and just went home to sleep and take meds

for a few yrs, he kept telling everyone i cried cos i was sad he was moving and i would miss him. mofragger
3/20/13 12:35 PM
Stickgrappler
1861 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - Holy crap, DOOOOOOOOM sighting :-P

i'm not on here that much compared to the others, so my kneejerk reaction was the same, but didn't say anything, thinking he may have posted on some thread i didn't check out.

lol at me
3/20/13 1:05 PM
Beezulbubba

I also picked up at that same sale as before one Skyrealms of Jorune, which I've never heard of. A sci-fi game called cosmic encounter which is more board game.

And that was a sad sucky story Stickgrappler. Can't believe you weren't like hey, my shit, bro.
3/20/13 4:49 PM
edwims

I remember the Jorune one from ads in Dragon magazine

heard Cosmic Encounter is really fun
3/20/13 4:53 PM
Daredevil73
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just remembered, I also have the told TMNT game, and the Star Wars one (before Eps 1-3)

You guys need to move near me so we can crank some of this shit up again, man.
3/20/13 6:01 PM
edwims

Daredevil73 - I just remembered, I also have the told TMNT game, and the Star Wars one (before Eps 1-3)

You guys need to move near me so we can crank some of this shit up again, man.

some of my old friends still role play

sucks though....the only night i can make it they always play Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition! FFFFUUUUUUUUU
3/20/13 10:09 PM
Beezulbubba

One game I never played or bought the modules at the time I was interested was the Streetfighter RPG based on the video game. Looked cool as shit, but never got a chance to play it. Anyone on here played it?
3/21/13 10:15 AM
Stickgrappler

although we were into comics at the time, we never played Champions or the Marvel game... didn't DC have one too?

mofragger 'friend' has my Shadowrun first edition, Cyberpunk first edition, AD&D - Players Handbook, DM's Guide, Monster Manual, Deities and Demigods (was this the name? memory foggy), Car Wars, and some more that i don't recall now
3/21/13 10:36 AM
edwims

Stickgrappler - although we were into comics at the time, we never played Champions or the Marvel game... didn't DC have one too?

mofragger 'friend' has my Shadowrun first edition, Cyberpunk first edition, AD&D - Players Handbook, DM's Guide, Monster Manual, Deities and Demigods (was this the name? memory foggy), Car Wars, and some more that i don't recall now

Deities and Demigods was the name

and then they changed it to Legends and Lore

the first edition with the inclusion of the Cthulhu mythos and the Melnibonean mythos is the sought after one
3/21/13 10:43 AM
Daredevil73

Stickgrappler - although we were into comics at the time, we never played Champions or the Marvel game... didn't DC have one too?

My friends and I used to do Battle Royales with the Marvel RPG, fun stuff.
3/21/13 12:20 PM
Stickgrappler

ugh i had that ed w/ Cthulhu mythos and the Melnibonean mythos

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.