UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz vs. St-Pierre

3/16/13 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_chuckles1
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
3/16/13 2:10 PM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEX4N - 
Smellde Gluve -

Diaz believers after the fight.

I know chances are slim, doesn't mean I won't root for the guy. Phone Post

I hear ya.

I'm rooting for a great fight whoever takes it.

But I feel 99.9% sure GSP takes this.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat that bird.

3/16/13 2:10 PM
Kid Charlemagne
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope it's an exciting fight Phone Post
3/16/13 2:14 PM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About ten hours till we are flooded with crying that all GSP did was hold Diaz down for 5 rounds and excuses about the system sucking. Can't wait... Phone Post
3/16/13 2:19 PM
Pill Clinton
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone spitting truth. Hope it's a great fight. But as I others say if u don't want to be taken down then keep it standing. All part of the game. For some reason I think gsp will be pushing for a finish tonight and won't just be laying on top of him and hoping to get the W. Phone Post
3/16/13 2:24 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict that the UG might be overwhelmed tonight. Phone Post
3/16/13 2:26 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe that people think that GSP can win from the top. He couldn't finish Dan Hardy. I am not anti GSP but some of you seem kind of delusional. Diaz has the tools to win this fight. Phone Post
3/16/13 2:30 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Got money on gsp....but my heart wants diaz to win. Will be fun either way!
3/16/13 2:32 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

itd almost be worth losing $ just to see the reaction of diaz fans! Theyd lose their damn minds if he wins!
3/16/13 2:33 PM
Mateo The PacMan

Been waiting for this fight for years...and it's finally the day where Diaz takes over the welterweight division. Phone Post
3/16/13 2:38 PM
Ray Elbe
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey -

I am 80% sure GSP will win a decision but i am 100% rooting for the 209

95% sure...with GSP using brutal leg kicks and takedowns...but I'm rooting for Diaz all day Phone Post
3/16/13 2:38 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

time....slowing....down...WHY.....???!!!
3/16/13 2:41 PM
caposa
1592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chase Chevrolet bitches

3/16/13 2:45 PM
lormpino
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiazsBongWater - Im in Liverpool England but tonight homies... im an honorary 209er!

Nick Diiiiiazzzzz!!!!
Yessssss Phone Post
3/16/13 2:48 PM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/13 2:53 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan -  I can't believe that people think that GSP can win from the top. He couldn't finish Dan Hardy. I am not anti GSP but some of you seem kind of delusional. Diaz has the tools to win this fight. Phone Post

CAN WIN FROM TOP?

Eh, in Nick's guard, holding, controlling and raining elbows. Simple.

3/16/13 2:49 PM
Palmeto Sports Management
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory vs Nate II tonight....... WAR Rush!!! Phone Post
3/16/13 2:52 PM
32Hunter

Smellde Gluve - 
UGCTT_AsimpleFan -  I can't believe that people think that GSP can win from the top. He couldn't finish Dan Hardy. I am not anti GSP but some of you seem kind of delusional. Diaz has the tools to win this fight. Phone Post

CAN WIN FROM TOP?

Eh, in Nick's guard, holding, controlling and raining ellbows. Simple.

we'll see if GSP can keep him there I can't remember anyone just sitting on top of Nick. Scrambles and sweeps , damn Nick really does have a good shot tonight.
3/16/13 2:55 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan

Guess we'll see tonight. Can't wait for this fight it going to be nuts. Phone Post
3/16/13 2:56 PM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My prediction is Diaz takes GSP into deep waters and submits him in the late 4th or early 5th round.

3/16/13 2:56 PM
Smellde Gluve

32Hunter - 
Smellde Gluve - 

CAN WIN FROM TOP?

we'll see if GSP can keep him there I can't remember anyone just sitting on top of Nick. Scrambles and sweeps , damn Nick really does have a good shot tonight.

I'm 99% sure he can keep him there.

This fight will go wherever GSP wants it to go IMO.

I think Nick has a 00.01% chance of winning.

3/16/13 2:57 PM
Smellde Gluve

UGCTT_AsimpleFan -  Guess we'll see tonight. Can't wait for this fight it going to be nuts. Phone Post

Yupp. I'm so pumped for this card it's ridiculous.

3/16/13 2:58 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan

Smellde Gluve -
32Hunter - 
Smellde Gluve - 

CAN WIN FROM TOP?

I think your judgement might be a little clouded on this one. Phone Post
3/16/13 3:02 PM
Smellde Gluve

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - 
Smellde Gluve -
32Hunter - 
Smellde Gluve - 

CAN WIN FROM TOP?

I think your judgement might be a little clouded on this one. Phone Post

Well, see. Almost all pro fighters I've heard interviewed agree with me on the outcome.

3/16/13 3:13 PM
Smellde Gluve

Found this here: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-St-Pierre-vs-Diaz-50819

Pros Picking St. Pierre: 27

Pros Picking Diaz: 3

No Pick: 3

Danillo Villefort: I’d like to see Diaz winning this fight. I like his style and he fights with his heart, but GSP has the ability to control where the fight goes -- he is such a great athlete -- so I believe he will win another fight by decision again.

Jason High: This is an easy one for me. Unless Diaz has made drastic changes to his footwork and improved his wrestling, I see GSP jabbing to set up takedowns, punching and passing and maybe looking for submissions; rinse, repeat. Not an easy fight by any means but one GSP should win unless he chooses to fight Nick’s fight.

Travis Wiuff: Hard to bet against GSP. I like Diaz and his style of fighting, but I think GSP wins a five-round decision with his takedowns and top control.

Nam Phan: I’ve got to go with my man Nick.

Mark Bocek: GSP wins by decision.

Eric Prindle: GSP all the way.

Robert Drysdale: GSP wins.

Travis Lutter: GSP-Diaz should be a fun fight to watch. I really think GSP will win this one. Diaz is always dangerous with a possible knockout or submission, but GSP hasn’t been submitted since UFC 50. So if I was placing a bet, I would bet on GSP.

Spencer Fisher: Georges is more athletic and explosive, but Nick has a tough style to deal with and is aggressive off of his back. Nick typically doesn’t go backwards, and Georges is great with his wrestling. It’s just going to come down to who is going to be able to employ their will.

Jeff Hougland: I hope Diaz wins because I like watching his style of fighting more than GSP. Plus, I think it would be cool to see the division shook up.

Caros Fodor: As much as I want Diaz to win, I think GSP will get a decision. GSP is too smart to box with him and has the ability to get takedowns and score points, so I’m going to go with him.

Jason Dent: St. Pierre is too smart, to talented, too fast, too strong, too experienced and I believe it will be his night. I’m a fan of Diaz inside the cage when it comes to his skills, but I’m a fan of St. Pierre in and out of the cage, as he represents our sport the way it should be represented.

Ben Saunders: GSP wins by lay-and-pray, but Diaz might be able to tag him up on the feet a bit and work a tricky ground game. I’m rooting for Diaz, as I love his style, aggression and overall attitude about fighting, but GSP is GSP, with a pound-for-pound skillset that can be unquestioned. If GSP uses his kicks well, particularly his low kicks, it will help him in the standup game extensively.

Ricardo Liborio: I’m a big Diaz fan, but I think that this will be a hard matchup for him. GSP wins by decision.

Tom DeBlass: St. Pierre will grind out a decision.

Ramsey Nijem: This is a hard one because I’m a huge Nick fan. I think it’s going to be a war, and if GSP comes to knock Nick out, I think Nick will win that fight. GSP is smart and near impossible [to stop with] his wrestling, so I think GSP wins in a decision.

Michael Chiesa: This is a very interesting fight. GSP has showed nothing shy of domination since he lost the title to Matt Serra. Condit definitely gave him some problems after the third round. Ring rust may have been a factor. Nick is a guy that’s going to show up and bring it every single time. If you try to fight Nick, you'll lose, but if you try to outpoint him, it’s a different story, only because judges have some unspoken vendetta with the Diaz boys. Tough one to call, but I'm taking Diaz just because Georges is going to try to fight him instead of play the points game.

Brock Jardine: Every time I think GSP is going to lose, he comes out and proves me wrong, so I'm going with GSP on this one.

Andy Ogle: GSP wins by decision.

Kyle Kingsbury: I like GSP by ground-n-pound.

John Hackleman: I think Nick is probably the most exciting and skilled fighter on the planet. I think GSP is one of the most technically proficient and skilled fighters on the planet. I think it is a very interesting match up, with the potential to be the greatest fight ever if Nick dictates the pace, with the edge in a very exciting brawl going to Nick. However I feel if GSP dictates the pace it might be a lot more slow-paced, and technical with the edge going to GSP. Either way I feel it will be a very exciting, and entertaining match.

Vitor Vianna: GSP [is] going to smash [Diaz] like Benson Henderson did against Nate Diaz.

3/16/13 3:22 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Palmeto Sports Management - Rory vs Nate II tonight....... WAR Rush!!! Phone Post
You mean Rory vs Nate v2.0 Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.