Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JitznPound
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish he did but he didn't Phone Post
3/18/13 7:07 AM
Rookie Fighter

20 td's mean nothing to you I guess. Condit had no ability to stop where the fight goes Phone Post
3/18/13 7:07 AM
richit

CaptainPlanet - A lot of delusional people on this thread Phone Post
Exactly what he said, Condit totally won and too bad the judges were delusional too Phone Post
3/18/13 7:09 AM
richit

tomp6581 - Condit won round 3. That's all. Phone Post
Yes^^ and thankfully also round 2 Phone Post
3/18/13 9:07 AM
vazzo

Very delusional Phone Post
3/18/13 9:25 AM
Chuckles
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super close fight and had the potential to go either way many times.

If Carlos had been able to stuff even 1/3rd of the tds he probably would have gotten the nod.

As it stands I believe the call was correct but Carlos had turned the fight around and would have taken the championship rounds imo. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:29 AM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he would have won a 5 round fight with Hendricks. He absolutely did not with the three round bout.
3/18/13 12:32 PM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney -

100% is lol

first - hendricks

2nd - toss up

3rd - condit.

50% at best.

I gave it to hendricks and I am a condit fan.  The takedowns just count for so much.

This and they shouldnt esp when you do the take down and get hit more than the person on there back but the take down is controll so i understand but think is utter B.S Phone Post
3/18/13 12:46 PM
SOO72

Rookie Fighter -  20 td's mean nothing to you I guess. Condit had no ability to stop where the fight goes Phone Post

You're correct, Hendricks was in complete control of where he got beat up. Takedowns count for too much, they are nothing but a transition from standing to ground unless they are delivered with KO force.
3/18/13 6:04 PM
ShoeMoney
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy my book!, MFCEO
SOO72 - 
Rookie Fighter -  20 td's mean nothing to you I guess. Condit had no ability to stop where the fight goes Phone Post

You're correct, Hendricks was in complete control of where he got beat up. Takedowns count for too much, they are nothing but a transition from standing to ground unless they are delivered with KO force.

I respect where your coming from but the OP sayd condit won.   He didnt win in my eyes of how the athletic commission scores fights.  That is all that matters.  

Are you arguing that?

Condit is one tough motherfucker and to someone unfamiliar with MMA judging I can totally see how you would think he "won" that fight.

To those familiar with the sport I would think they would have scored it for Hendrix  or a draw for the 2nd round at best.

3/18/13 6:14 PM
InspiritMick

Agree. If octagon control and strikes outweighed a simple takedown in the scoring he definitely won.

It's a shame but this isn't quite such a travesty because they both fought brilliantly and it was a fantastic fight. I do agree that it is possible Condit won even within the criteria of existing MMA scoring Phone Post
3/18/13 6:17 PM
mje364
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit was more aggressive, but Hendricks was more effective. Phone Post
3/18/13 6:21 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If takedowns were not a part of this fight then Condit would have won period. Hendricks just didn't really do anything with the takedowns. Condit showed that he was the better fighter, however Hendricks was the better wrestler and that is what won the fight.

Unfortunately for Hendricks his big chance against GSP will only be his punching power, because he will not have the same luxury of winning based on takedowns.
3/18/13 6:26 PM
Entreri

Hendricks got the takedown but had ZERO offense PLUS having Carlos hitting you from the bottom and trying to submit you...

So I thought Carlos won.

However, Hendricks certainly deserves his shot at GSP even before the Condit fight.
3/19/13 1:37 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Osbot - 
Attila - 
Wicked smahtMF - 
Wicked smahtMF - 
Attila -  Condit disagrees. Phone Post

that is false. did u watch the post fight press conference. gtfoh and vtfd

epic fail! wtf is this 01ers immune to VDs? i should be in the fucking green if theres really a trolls only rule. Besides, this is either a lack of info or lie.

"it kills me that he lost that fight"
Nick Diaz

Direct quote from the post-fight press conference when asked if he thought he won the fight:

"I was expecting them to announce his name, but there was you know a slight glimmer of hope I guess."

Quote at 16:30: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/17/4114418/ufc-158-post-fight-press-conference-video

So I guess you think it's typical for someone who believes he won the fight to have a "slight glimmer of hope" that the judges will call it for him?

I think you might be retarded.

What Carlos is very clearly saying is, he thought he did enough to win the fight, however, due to how take downs are generally scored he did not expect the decision.

He was saying he was hoping the judges would show some common sense but did not expect it.

It's irrelevant what he or anyone else thinks the judging criteria "should" be. Based on the way fights are judged in MMA, which he was well aware of going into the fight, he essentially conceded that he lost.

Doesn't matter much to me either way who won the decision - it was an exciting, competitive fight. Condit should remain ranked in the top 5 for sure.
3/19/13 1:40 AM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strike numbers almsot identical for two rounds and Johnny had slams in there in round two amongst the takedowns.

Hendricks won, had it been 5 with his injured had I think Condit probably pulls it out

3/19/13 2:37 AM
dirtymonkey22
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jonny was getting tired in the 3rd and still dropped carlos with ease when ever carlos started to tee off on a tired hendrix.
After that fight i pray johhny starts working on his cardio hard core because there was a few time johhny got hit good and gsp has better take down defence Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.