UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Done paying for GSP headliners

3/17/13 1:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Johnny D
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's it, I'm done. No more GSP headliners for me.

Condit vs Hendricks rocked.

Nate and Jake totally awesome.

I have seen the same old thing from GSP to many times, I've payed to much to see the same thing again. I'll wait for someone to beat him and pay 4 bucks for the rental.

As soon as someone that can strike and stuff his takedowns comes along GSP will lose, guaranteed. Phone Post
3/17/13 1:53 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blame Nick, half the fight was standing and he didn't do shit but use his face as a punching bag for target practice for GSPs jab
3/17/13 1:54 AM
MMARAIDER

I'm a huge GSP fan but after tonight I'm agreeing with the haters.

He didn't try to finish at all, on the ground he was throwing weak ass punches, wouldn't take his back etc

Stand up he used effective jabs then backs up and a few two punch combos, takedown rinse repeat

Diaz had nothing for him anyway but still frustrating to watch, especially live. Phone Post
3/17/13 1:55 AM
MMARAIDER

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Blame Nick, half the fight was standing and he didn't do shit but use his face as a punching bag for target practice for GSPs jab
This is true also Phone Post
TzTinkle
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'll be back after they cut another promo...you've paid for the last 4 GSP snoozefests, whats a 5th?
Wasa-B
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Blame Nick, half the fight was standing and he didn't do shit but use his face as a punching bag for target practice for GSPs jab

3/17/13 1:56 AM
keepthechange

my brother ordered it and i feel bad because it was such a lackluster card, condit and hendricks was awesome though, ill be buying him drinks for a while now.
3/17/13 1:57 AM
keepthechange

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Blame Nick, half the fight was standing and he didn't do shit but use his face as a punching bag for target practice for GSPs jab

someone doesnt understand what the threat of a takedown does to a standup game
3/17/13 1:57 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. Blame Nick for walking away from GSP with his hands down and not engaging.

Takes two to fight, and GSP stood with Diaz. Diaz decided not to attack.
3/17/13 1:59 AM
MiloTheDog
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at Diaz fans cause he lost. Good riddance to fake mma fans.
3/17/13 1:59 AM
Johnny D
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Blame Nick, half the fight was standing and he didn't do shit but use his face as a punching bag for target practice for GSPs jab
True but GSP could have done more, since the Serra lose he doesn't have the killer instinct anymore. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:00 AM
BobSherob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha. Yeah right. You will pay for and watch every single fight he is in because you don't want to miss part of his legacy.

And every time he fights there is always the feeling that he may finish, that's worth paying for.

Likewise is tuning in to watch another world beater and amazing contender get treated like an amateur. Such as every gsp fight lately Phone Post
Harold_Howard

MMA isn't for you anyway Phone Post
DaddyGorg

He was embarrassed so he acted like a baby walking around.
MoodyR1

Free at Buffalo Wild Wings. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:01 AM
Boognish

Fighting not to lose is not fighting to win Phone Post
3/17/13 2:02 AM
Jaybrone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one wants to fight GSP after one round they all do the same thing and go into a defensive posture where they are just trying not to get destroyed.

3/17/13 2:02 AM
Alumynabjj

BobSherob - Haha. Yeah right. You will pay for and watch every single fight he is in because you don't want to miss part of his legacy.

And every time he fights there is always the feeling that he may finish, that's worth paying for.

Likewise is tuning in to watch another world beater and amazing contender get treated like an amateur. Such as every gsp fight lately Phone Post
What fight was there a feel he may finish? Also you Canadian? Phone Post
3/17/13 2:03 AM
The MMA Mathematician
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARAIDER -  I'm a huge GSP fan but after tonight I'm agreeing with the haters.

He didn't try to finish at all, on the ground he was throwing weak ass punches, wouldn't take his back etc

Stand up he used effective jabs then backs up and a few two punch combos, takedown rinse repeat

Diaz had nothing for him anyway but still frustrating to watch, especially live. Phone Post

To be honest, I think a lot of people are downplaying the skills of his opponents and overestimated GSP's ability, assuming that it was a lack of killer instinct or some lack of an offensive mentality that results in GSP's not finishing. Diaz is a tough ass dude, and GSP clearly did not have the skills to finish him more times than not. It took everything he had to beat Diaz the way he did -- I don't think it has anything to do with being conservative or cautious, it has to do with lack of ability.

GSP is a great fighter and has been winning fights dominantly for years, but it seems pretty clear to me that the stable of fighters in the welterweight division are closing the gap. It happens -- fighters aren't dominant forever. We aren't seeing GSP lose or getting knocked out or getting beat up, but we are seeing his dominance become, well, less and less dominant. He isn't able to bullrush people sloppily and knock them out like he did to Heiron, and fighters aren't as one-dimensional as Matt Hughes was when he sprawled and brawled and head kicked his way to victory. The last fighter GSP finished was also from the old guard in B.J Penn: as great as he was, look at how MMA has caught up to him. GSP is still winning, as a matter of fact he is still winning every fucking round...but his fights are getting closer, and his ability to finish has diminished drastically over the years. He stood with Diaz plenty in this fight and that didn't result in him finishing. What else can he do?

Johnny D

MoodyR1 - Free at Buffalo Wild Wings. Phone Post
LOL, I was just going to respond to all the "you'll pay again" post when I was thinking Buffalo Wild Wings here I come !!! Phone Post
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well we will have to adjust the estimate of his next PPV to 799,999.
3/17/13 2:06 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"As soon as someone comes along who's better than everyone else, GSP will lose."
3/17/13 2:07 AM
Johnny D

I don't question George's ability for one moment, its his heart. After Serra something changed, you'd have to be blind not to see it if you're familiar with his fights before Serra. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:08 AM
Johnny D

Maybe I should start a "what the fuck did you do Serra" thread. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:10 AM
Jambo888
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:*(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.