UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz fans must hate Nick Diaz

3/17/13 1:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/13 1:47 AM

They always complain about his opponent not finishing him
3/17/13 2:09 AM
CuddleBug
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too much truth here for it to be acknowledged...
3/17/13 2:45 AM
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aw
3/17/13 2:48 AM
NICK MANNING
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YO MY BOI DIAZ WON DAT FITE FARE N SQUAIR. GSP IS A PUSSY YO!

3/17/13 2:52 AM
AlchemyIronworks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NICK MANNING - YO MY BOI DIAZ WON DAT FITE FARE N SQUAIR. GSP IS A PUSSY YO!

He can't be a Diaz fan, those shirts.cost like 42 dollas yo Phone Post
3/17/13 12:28 PM
Masakyst

ttt
3/17/13 12:30 PM
kyle223
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NICK MANNING - YO MY BOI DIAZ WON DAT FITE FARE N SQUAIR. GSP IS A PUSSY YO!

VU!
3/17/13 12:55 PM
Barbasol
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote ups later, somebody might have to remind me, drinking has begun Phone Post
3/17/13 1:03 PM
mgraham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz haters must hate exciting fights.

Diaz can't defend the takedown and will lose to any good wrestler who chooses to take him down and hold him there for the decision. That said, you seriously didn't enjoy Diaz/Lawler/Gomi/Smith/Shamrock/Daley/etc? 80% of his wins are finishes and he's only been finished once early in his career.

Yes he acts like a jackass, but I don't care how many times he gives someone the middle finger, says something stupid at a press conference, or loses to a wrestler via decision, I will still always be a fan and will watch every one of his fights.

GSP wins more fights, but I'd rather watch Diaz.
3/17/13 1:05 PM
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll always be a Diaz fan because he's a killer.

The only way people beat him is by takedowns with stalling.

GSP didn't even attempt one finish last night....that's pathetic.

3/17/13 1:08 PM
Masakyst

^^ Examples of Nick Diaz Fans upset that GSP wasn't the first fighter ever to finish Nick Diaz

Such strange behaviour, to wish for your fighter to lose harder than he did.
3/17/13 1:08 PM
NICK MANNING
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stugatz, I thought you were better than this
3/17/13 1:10 PM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NICK MANNING - YO MY BOI DIAZ WON DAT FITE FARE N SQUAIR. GSP IS A PUSSY YO!

Eddie Alvarez? ;-)

3/17/13 1:13 PM
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NICK MANNING - Stugatz, I thought you were better than this

Don't focus on me....focus on GSP - he's the one that's better than "that"....

Not sure why people can't admit it - ever since Serra knocked him out he fights not to lose.

3/17/13 1:14 PM
Trombles
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - ^^ Examples of Nick Diaz Fans upset that GSP wasn't the first fighter ever to finish Nick Diaz

Well said.

Their fighter also had the wherewithal to start making excuses right away during the post fight interview. Basically he was half accusing someone from his team of leaking nicks armbar roll strategy to George. That guy is weak sauce. Embarrassing really. Phone Post
3/17/13 1:32 PM
mgraham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - ^^ Examples of Nick Diaz Fans upset that GSP wasn't the first fighter ever to finish Nick Diaz

I am a Diaz fan because I enjoy his fighting style, I like him because he always tries to finish fights. No other reason. If an opponent were to try to finish him and succeed, I would appreciate this because I appreciate this particular style of fighting. Fighting to finish, not to win on the scorecards. Get it now? I am a fan of the style, not the person.
3/17/13 1:53 PM
Masakyst

mgraham - 
Masakyst - ^^ Examples of Nick Diaz Fans upset that GSP wasn't the first fighter ever to finish Nick Diaz

I am a Diaz fan because I enjoy his fighting style, I like him because he always tries to finish fights. No other reason. If an opponent were to try to finish him and succeed, I would appreciate this because I appreciate this particular style of fighting. Fighting to finish, not to win on the scorecards. Get it now? I am a fan of the style, not the person.

Oh please. And who are you to say that GSP wasn't trying to finish? Did you even watch the fight? Did you miss all those times that GSP tried to kick Nick's head off on the feet? A lot of people are acting like a finish is something any fighter can just make happen by pure force of will. And remember that Nick has never been finished, so why would you put all your hopes on GSP being the first to do it?

Diaz always tries to finish fights? Like when he had Condit's back and admitted that he didn't go for a submission because he thought he was ahead on points? Or when he had a bit of momentum going against GSP and took the chance to... walk around with his hands down...?

Maybe you just need to give a bit of credit to Nick for playing a fully defensive game. He didn't leave any openings for GSP to finish him, both on the ground and standing. It's incredibly hard for a fighter to finish a person who is just trying to survive rather than fight back.

Maybe if Diaz had fought a bit more offensively, he would have left some openings and you guys would have seen the GSP finish that you so desperately crave. But what happened to Diaz was the same thing that happens to all of GSP's opponents; he saps their will to fight.
3/17/13 2:01 PM
NICK MANNING

Masakyst - 
mgraham - 

Oh please. And who are you to say that GSP wasn't trying to finish? Did you even watch the fight? Did you miss all those times that GSP tried to kick Nick's head off on the feet? A lot of people are acting like a finish is something any fighter can just make happen by pure force of will. And remember that Nick has never been finished, so why would you put all your hopes on GSP being the first to do it?

Diaz always tries to finish fights? Like when he had Condit's back and admitted that he didn't go for a submission because he thought he was ahead on points? Or when he had a bit of momentum going against GSP and took the chance to... walk around with his hands down...?

Maybe you just need to give a bit of credit to Nick for playing a fully defensive game. He didn't leave any openings for GSP to finish him, both on the ground and standing. It's incredibly hard for a fighter to finish a person who is just trying to survive rather than fight back.

Maybe if Diaz had fought a bit more offensively, he would have left some openings and you guys would have seen the GSP finish that you so desperately crave. But what happened to Diaz was the same thing that happens to all of GSP's opponents; he saps their will to fight.

Beautiful post.
3/17/13 2:05 PM
Stu Cazzo

Yeah....he saps their will to fight by round three....and then proceed to do his jab and run technique combined with takedowns that end up doing nothing.

Please excuse me while I stand up and applaud such a brave warrior.

3/17/13 2:17 PM
Masakyst

Edited: 03/17/13 2:19 PM
All I'm saying is that it seems like a big insult to Nick when Nicks own fans are lamenting the fact that he didn't get finished. I'm the one giving Diaz his deserved credit here, dude has an iron chin and an impenetrable guard.

Saying that GSP would have finished Nick if he simply TRIED to do it is an insult to Nick, not to Georges.
3/17/13 2:22 PM
Stu Cazzo

Masakyst - All I'm saying is that it seems like a big insult to Nick when Nicks own fans are lamenting the fact that he didn't get finished. I'm the one giving Diaz his deserved credit here, dude has an iron chin and an impenetrable guard.

Saying that GSP would have finished Nick if he simply TRIED to do it is an insult to Nick, not to Georges.

Why are you focusing on one fight and not the last four years like everybody else is?

Regarding trying to finish - you don't know until you try.  GSP doesn't even try submissions anymore.

3/17/13 2:26 PM
mgraham

Masakyst - All I'm saying is that it seems like a big insult to Nick when Nicks own fans are lamenting the fact that he didn't get finished. I'm the one giving Diaz his deserved credit here, dude has an iron chin and an impenetrable guard.

That's just the thing; he didn't try and that's why I don't like watching him fight.
3/17/13 2:27 PM
NICK MANNING

3/17/13 2:39 PM
Stuckey

Suddenly Nick is a fighter who can be stopped? Come on, the guy is as tough as they come, and the only realistic chance GSP had to finish him is if he cut him open enough to get the fight stopped.
Criticize some of GSP's other performances if you want, but anyone who thinks that George should have tried harder to stop Diaz clearly just fell off the turnip truck.
He knew if he was going to win this fight, it would go all five rounds. And he did exactly what he needed to do to get the win.

3/17/13 3:15 PM
MMAfan1million

mgraham -

In what ways did Diaz try to finish Condit? By letting his hands hang down and mean-mugging him? And against GSP? Holding on for bare life! If he was such a stud, why didn't he open up with his hands off his back making it a fist fight? Oh yeah, he only does that against smaller guys up against the fence when HE has the dominant position... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.