UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Post fight: Gsp vs Diaz 2?

3/17/13 2:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does the ufc sell this? Not only did nick have literally maybe 15srconds of legit offense in this fight, but the hugged it out at the end... How do you sell a rematch?

Plus if you look at the rest of the top ten, Hendricks, Rory, Maia, Condit, elemberger, koschek, even kammpman and nate the great.. How many of those guys do nick beat? Hello even his teammate shields would wrestlefuck him Phone Post
3/17/13 2:39 AM
2Fort
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Diaz would have to beat a couple guys before he gets a title shot again. The thing is, aLL the guys that are in the mix are extremely tough and anyone can win at any given moment, so it really just boils down to Diaz wanting to still fight.
3/17/13 2:45 AM
The MMA Mathematician
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is not a single thing that happened during the course of that fight that could justify even the most remote possibility of even entertaining the idea of an immediate rematch. You don't get rematches because you beg for them, you get them because you earn them. Diaz got the title shot off a loss, he doesn't get a rematch after two consecutive losses. Diaz did a great job at tiring Georges out and limiting the amount of damage GSP was able to implement. But that was it. He did absolutely nothing to warrant a rematch, no matter how nicely he asks for one.

3/17/13 2:46 AM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are way too many contenders right now. Ellenberger really impressed me and I'm really glad he got the finish, I was jumping up and down. No way he deserves the shot before Hendricks though. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:48 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDF tm - Diaz vs kampmann Phone Post
That's honestly the only match up inside the top ten I can see him doing anything with... I tried e hard to become a fan of his but the post round swing he took, and the insinuation that Georges has a spy in his camp... Someone needs to keep him away from a mic Phone Post
3/17/13 2:49 AM
Skeletor
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick should capitalise on the exposure that being in a title fight brought him and take some high-profile money fights against top contenders. If he puts together a win streak he could lobby for a rematch the same way he got the first shot: by talking trash in the media to hype the fight.

Rich Franklin got a rematch with Anderson and I think that fight was even more one-sided than GSP v Diaz.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.