UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why is Condit such a boring point fighter?

3/17/13 2:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit is the least boring fighter in the WW division. Nick Diaz is close, but Condit's got a much more diverse attack. But OP is right, after the Diaz fight a lot of people were accusing Carlos of being boring. There were a lot of "GREG JACKSON RUINED CONDIT" fools poppin off at the mouth. The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
3/17/13 2:54 PM
semtex0809
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CapnKindBud - Nick Diaz is a different animal. He has a rock head and is impossible to finish. He can't be killed with conventional weapons.
I'd like to see a rematch . I'd bet ya that Carlos goes for the finish. Phone Post
U would lose that bet Phone Post
3/17/13 2:58 PM
MMAfan1million

youarewhatiswrong -
DirtehSneakehs -  You sir are a wasted stain on this planet. As much as was upset Carlos beat Nick even I don't believe in the stupid statement you said. Phone Post

Are you talking to me?

Does anyone even read past titles any more?
Your strong ironing is lost on the many underlings in the underground... Phone Post
3/17/13 3:11 PM
Blackbeard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who thinks Condit is a boring fighter knows absolutely dick about anything. Pardon my french.
3/17/13 3:17 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is hysterical! I love that more than half the posters didn't even read the OP. Phone Post
3/17/13 4:03 PM
CLINTK9

youarewhatiswrong - 
CLINTK9 - 
DiazsBongWater - Condit is a finisher! his record is ridden with KOs and subs!

Just his last 3 fights have been against the top 3/4 170lb fighters on the planet.

Hated his stratagy against Nick but Carlos is a bad dude!

people like to say that, with GSP too. oh they are fighting the best in the division, these guys are not easy to finish. so Anderson, Bones and the HW's champs are not fighting the best and thats why they get finishes then?

LOL @ comparing Silva's competition to that of the top welterweights. Yeah, Irvin, Bonnar, Griffin, Marquart, Cote, Maia, Lutter, Vitor are all unstoppable juggernauts who never get finished.

Bones is a legit finisher and I don't want to downplay his accomplishments, but the LHW division is aging. Shogun can barely walk.

But bringing up the HWY division really exemplifies the main point. 250 lbers hit fucking hard. They knock people out. You have made the correlation that the higher you go in weightclass, the more often you see knockouts, right?

yeah, but when comparing Anderson vs Fedor as the GOAT, THEN Anderson's fought the BEST MW's ever and dominated all the top 5 guys you can throw at him. but when comparing him to GSP, GSP division is stacked and Anderson's is weak! How does that work exactly?

and what are saying here, GSP doesnt finish because the guys in his division are tougher than the others?

Hardy, Alves, Koscheck, & Serra are unfinishable wrecking machines? And alot on here were bitching Diaz hasnt beat a top 10 guy and didnt even deserve this fight.

the comp in every division is tough, GSP just doesnt finish his guys, they are no tougher the the top contnders in MW or LHW or HW. other WW's finish the unfinishable guys GSP cant finish.

Sonnen & Hendo are beasts, Belfort is VERY Dangerous, Okami just beat next big thing Lombard. Maia just came down and dominated 2 WW's and also beat the unbeatable Fitch (by dec I know) who was also just Finished by Hendricks recently.

Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Belfort are not as tough as GSP's comp? LOL there!

Cain, JDS, Mir, Lesnar, Reem, Bigfoot, Hunt, Werdum, Cormier? VERY TOUGH Division. yet they finish.
3/17/13 4:12 PM
Blackbeard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's silly to knock ANY champ no matter how they win. If they are winning they are obviously doing something right. The thing with GSP, Anderson and Jones is that no one can finish them. If you want to be the champ figure out how to take their belt. Period.
3/17/13 4:18 PM
Nonlinear

Blackbeard - Anyone who thinks Condit is a boring fighter knows absolutely dick about anything. Pardon my french.

^  Condit's last 6 fights:  3x FOTN bonuses and 2x KOTN bonuses = not boring.  He's also a total professional and isn't a shit talker.  Every WW should try and be more like Carlos Condit.  

Haters gotta hate I guess.

3/17/13 4:40 PM
SMS89
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - I've really gotta be more careful with my use of sardonic thread titles. The attention spans on these mother fuckers.

Retards around here I tells ya
3/17/13 8:36 PM
Blackbeard

I read the title and am agreeing with OP. I was just stating that Condit is anything but boring to those who think he is.

"Nonlinear- ^ Condit's last 6 fights: 3x FOTN bonuses and 2x KOTN bonuses = not boring. He's also a total professional and isn't a shit talker. Every WW should try and be more like Carlos Condit.
Haters gotta hate I guess."

This!!
3/17/13 8:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stu Cazzo - 
GriffinQ - 
IDOHARM - Somebody said that Condit was a boring fighter? Phone Post
Half this forum Phone Post

That's bullshit - you know it.

The only time he has been criticized in his career was the Diaz fight where he was not the normal fighter he usually is - everything fell on Greg Jackson for that one.

right Greg get's all the blame for the bad ones but nothing for good ones. Absurd.

3/17/13 8:44 PM
cworley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Greg Jackson Phone Post
That . Phone Post
3/17/13 9:46 PM
vazzo

The tools that said that have clearly come out of the tool box Phone Post
3/17/13 10:05 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stu Cazzo -
GriffinQ - 
IDOHARM - Somebody said that Condit was a boring fighter? Phone Post
Half this forum Phone Post

That's bullshit - you know it.

The only time he has been criticized in his career was the Diaz fight where he was not the normal fighter he usually is - everything fell on Greg Jackson for that one.

No it's not Phone Post
3/17/13 10:25 PM
Jambo888
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

condit is a true killer. love his style

3/17/13 10:28 PM
Phisher

youarewhatiswrong - Where are all the tools who spouted off about this shit?

They're still here, and they'll still call Condit a runner in a few weeks time when the buzz about his fight against Hendricks dies down.

3/17/13 10:29 PM
Phisher

checkuroil -  Greg Jackson Phone Post

...was in Condit's corner last night as usual.

3/17/13 11:11 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

w9 - Condit looked superb last night. Such a great chin to.

Wish he'd fought like that against Diaz.

Werd. I thought he mad the Diaz fight suck, but that doesn't mean I think he sucks.

A bit like Diaz vs. GSP, a disappointing performance.
3/17/13 11:41 PM
Bawls
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of wish Condit was more of an asshole or shit talker. He's one of my favorite guys to watch but isn't a name outside the MMA world. I'd love to see him become a big name and get paid. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:09 AM
HossPearson
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - I've really gotta be more careful with my use of sardonic thread titles. The attention spans on these mother fuckers.
I got you, boss. Perhaps people didn't read the body and went straight to hate mode. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:23 AM
88samurai88
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - This thread is hysterical! I love that more than half the posters didn't even read the OP. Phone Post
This..lol Phone Post
3/18/13 12:39 AM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic

What kind of mongoloids are some of you asses lashing out at OP?!?!?!?! Did you even read his fucking post or just the title?

Some of you seriously need to fucking take done reading classes. It's hilarious how all these illiterate Condit defenders are unaware of how this thread is defending Carlos! Phone Post
3/18/13 1:24 AM
UGCTT_Stu0411
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - Where are all the tools who spouted off about this shit?
Read thread title and was angry, opened and read op's post and was happy.

Lifes good. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:40 AM
kinson

DiazsBongWater - Condit is a finisher! his record is ridden with KOs and subs!

Just his last 3 fights have been against the top 3/4 170lb fighters on the planet.

Hated his stratagy against Nick but Carlos is a bad dude!
Yep. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:53 AM
The Dean of Cuisine
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone actually read the OP? Or did you all just read the title and get instantly uppity because of that?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.