UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: 'I’m for Olympic testing'

3/17/13 1:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the UFC 158 pre-fight press conference, Nick Diaz made a veiled reference to UFC champion Georges St-Pierre being on steroids.

"The strong guy on steroids would like to ignore it," said Diaz. "And he wants to get the takedown and win the round."

After further talk, an incredulous GSP lost his cool.

"You really think I'm scared of you?" blurted out St-Pierre. "You are crazy in the head. We'll see Saturday night if I'm scared of you... I didn't say anything bad. I'm not on steroids."

Diaz repeated the remarks, more pointedly, during a radio interview before the fight.

"I believe that he's on plenty of steroids," said Diaz. "And I don't think they test around here either and I doubt I'll be tested here as well. I don't care what they're saying or marketing to the media, I don't think either of us are going to be tested and if so, he's probably got a bottle of piss in his pocket. I doubt they're standing over him making sure he's not on steroids."

St-Pierre of course has never tested positive for PEDs. At one point BJ Penn make reference to GSP and PEDs, but later apologized.

At the post-fight press conference, GSP definitively refuted the PED charge

“Never took steroids in my life,” said St-Pierre. “I’m for Olympic testing in my sport. I’m up to do the test for the Olympic test. I have no problem with that.

“I’m not a cheater – never cheated in my sport. And I think TRT - I’m against TRT. I’m against all this. If you want my opinion, you can test me any time, no problem. I’m for the testing. I think it should be more regulated.

“For someone to say to me I’m athletic, I take that as a compliment. For him, in his mind to say, ‘He needs to be on steroids, he’s very athletic’ – for me, it boosts my confidence by saying that.”

St-Pierre's reference to "Olympic style" testing is to testing done at unscheduled points throughout the year, rather than during fight week, as is generally the case currently in mixed martial arts.

3/17/13 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Benwahwah
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with GSP, it seems to be the best way to stop cheats.

The only problem is money, Athletic Commissions don't want to spend it and these tests would require more money. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:05 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa could pay for it. Phone Post
3/17/13 2:37 PM
GelderdEnd

He's right, people complain that the sport isn't seen as legit yet when over the hill fighters or previous steroid users get granted TRT it makes a complete mockery of mma....people get old in all sports, that's when you have to think about retiring, not getting a one up by using test, it's disgraceful Phone Post
3/17/13 3:30 PM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"...except that one time I was caught cheating and they completely changed the way things were done in order to keep people from cheating in the same way again. No worries though, I didn't get penalized for it. Others can get suspended for smoking pot weeks before a fight, but I can cheat during a fight and get away with it." -GSP (didn't really say this)
3/17/13 4:01 PM
Dirty Grappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GTFO... Steroids are rampant in ALL professional sports-PERIOD! GSP's mouth says never but his bitch tits say different... If GSP has never juiced then Diaz loads his pipe with crushed oregano leaves... MMA is not mainsteam and is a long way off...
3/17/13 4:05 PM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes got gyno and possibly HGH gut... so whatever man...
3/17/13 4:07 PM
eljamaiquino

When designer undetectable steroids are possible, it doesn't matter when you test. Phone Post
3/17/13 4:09 PM
ChaosOverkill
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More crying Diaz fans in here

3/17/13 4:10 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol haters Phone Post
3/17/13 4:14 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olympic testing doesn't detect shit. Only the retarded get caught. They don't test outside of season. Every athlete can take whatever they want, just taper down for the season.

Victor Conte himself said athletes can apply testosterone patches after workout sessions and not test positive that same evening.

The only way to deal with doping is with 24/7 randomized tests through the entire year, which is never done, so..

"olympic testing" is still half hearted. There is no genuine interest in cracking down, because they know if they DID crack down, you would have like a dozen guys show up for the olympics, everybody else would be suspended.
3/17/13 4:20 PM
le

And STILL UFC welterweight champion...... Phone Post
3/17/13 4:24 PM
Black Belt Wrestling

Mega HGH gut & gyno
3/17/13 4:27 PM
ChaosOverkill
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

le -  And STILL UFC welterweight champion...... Phone Post

3/17/13 4:36 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks should call him out on that statement and ask for VADA testing.
3/17/13 4:42 PM
Vote me down

Who knows, everyone thought Lance was "clean" forever....

3/17/13 5:06 PM
FunDeath4u

Vote me down - 

True story. Of course he could be on the juice. How would we know? If you look at his stomach, that is a roid belly. However, he could be clean and just a complete freak of nature genetically... They should test UFC fighters randomly and frequently to have no doubts. Really though, #1 athlete in Canada, he isn't getting caught for a damn thing. His people wouldn't let that happen.
3/17/13 5:11 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote me down - 

Obviously you don't follow cycling at all.  Noone thought Lance was clean.  Noone thought anyone was clean in cycling at that time.  The years that Lance won the Tour, I'd put money on it that around 85% of the field was on some sort of banned substance.  Cycling and Track are the two places where these drugs get invented basically.

3/17/13 7:34 PM
stonepony

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
Vote me down - 

Obviously you don't follow cycling at all.  Noone thought Lance was clean.  Noone thought anyone was clean in cycling at that time.  The years that Lance won the Tour, I'd put money on it that around 85% of the field was on some sort of banned substance.  Cycling and Track are the two places where these drugs get invented basically.

Correct, and the reason they all knew Lance was cheating, was because they were all on the same bus having the exact same stuff done to themselves. It's basically open in cycling. 85% is probably low.
3/18/13 11:30 AM
Jaybrone
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
Vote me down - 

Most in the cycling world who knew anything felt there was some dirty shit going down. Lance had failed a couple tests and got them thrown out for various reasons. Dude wasn't clean but had the money to go after all his accusers. He had former teammates and employees coming forward accusing him for years even while he was still active in the sport. GSP has never to my knowledge had anyone from his personal life accuse him of anything. Just jealous fighters and their fans. Add to that that according to many reports you would have to go back to near 20th place in those tours to find a rider who has never tested positive or admited to doping in that sport.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.