Takdowns (12) - 6.0 points

TOTAL = 8.5 points

CARLOS CONDIT
Back Mount - 0.5 point
2nd Round Striking - 2.5 points
3rd Round Striking - 2.5 points

TOTAL = 5.5 points

Winner = Johny Hendricks!!!

P.S. As always, "Striking" consists of standing and ground strikes.

P.P.S. 2nd round striking was tough, but I went with Carlos because he turned it in his favor after about 2 mins or so (thus winning it for a longer period during the round).
3/17/13 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - Scored the fight using my Alternative Scoring System and here are the results:

http://www.ibiny.com/files/altscoring.pdf

JOHNY HENDRICKS
1st Round Striking - 2.5 points

TOTAL = 8.5 points

CARLOS CONDIT
Back Mount - 0.5 point

TOTAL = 5.5 points

P.P.S. 2nd round striking was tough, but I went with Carlos because he turned it in his favor after about 2 mins or so (thus winning it for a longer period during the round).
Nobody should give a shit about alternative scoring because it doesn't matter.

Ten point must is what they use and all that matters. Phone Post
3/17/13 3:17 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Lol. Hendricks won. It was a fair 29-28 call. People cry even when the Judges get it right. Where are the Cote/Voelkner threads? That was bad judging.
3/17/13 3:18 PM
Haulport

UGSlapshot - 
Haulport - Scored the fight using my Alternative Scoring System and here are the results:

http://www.ibiny.com/files/altscoring.pdf

JOHNY HENDRICKS
1st Round Striking - 2.5 points

TOTAL = 8.5 points

CARLOS CONDIT
Back Mount - 0.5 point

TOTAL = 5.5 points

Nobody should give a shit about alternative scoring because it doesn't matter.

Ten point must is what they use and all that matters. Phone Post

Half-man, half-sheep

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/20626000/ngbbs4b4fae58118f4.gif
3/17/13 3:19 PM
Nonlinear

Immaculata - Lol. Hendricks won. It was a fair 29-28 call. People cry even when the Judges get it right. Where are the Cote/Voelkner threads? That was bad judging.

3/17/13 3:21 PM
iamrodhull
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight, correct judging call imo.
Plus saw Condit v gsp not long ago, so glad Hendricks got the win. Phone Post
3/17/13 7:11 PM
Haulport

ttt
3/18/13 12:34 PM
Haulport

ttt
3/21/13 12:58 PM
Haulport

ttt
3/21/13 1:03 PM
D241

Do not approve of "alternate scoring system"

I doubt this thread would be made when the altnernat scoring system favors a fighter OP thought should've won.

3/21/13 1:12 PM
TheMountain
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters weren't fighting with this scoring system in mind so it's irrelevant.
3/21/13 1:17 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Lol. Hendricks won. It was a fair 29-28 call. People cry even when the Judges get it right. Where are the Cote/Voelkner threads? That was bad judging.

Are people really crying about it? I've seen a bunch say they thought  Condit won but that it was close enough you can't really have a problem with Hendricks winning.

3/21/13 1:18 PM
FreakDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I wanted Condit to win, he lost 29/28....Hendricks did a lot more than just take him down.....Great fight period......
3/21/13 1:23 PM
sparkuri
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Condit but wanted Hendricks to knock him out.
I would've scored it for Condit. He was not really hurt, And his movement on the ground was relentless.
I'd have to watch the fight again to go round by round, but it seemed like Hendricks took the first, split the second, and Condit in the third.
I don't use judging criteria as it is. I just get the feel of the fight, and Condit seemed to be on the upswing.
JMO Phone Post
3/21/13 1:42 PM
Cucumber Jones

I agree Hendricks won with the scoring the way it is, but in my opinion takedowns are scored much too highly, especially in a case like this where Condit was very active off his back and was able to get right back up. If takedowns score so much then getting back to your feet should count for something as well.

I was pulling for Condit in this one but I'm happy to see a new opponent for GSP instead of a rematch.

3/21/13 3:01 PM
Haulport

Cucumber Jones - I agree Hendricks won with the scoring the way it is, but in my opinion takedowns are scored much too highly, especially in a case like this where Condit was very active off his back and was able to get right back up. If takedowns score so much then getting back to your feet should count for something as well.

I was pulling for Condit in this one but I'm happy to see a new opponent for GSP instead of a rematch.

And yet my scoring system weighs striking (ground and standing) 5 times more than takedowns and Johny still won...
3/21/13 3:04 PM
Haulport

D241 - 

Do not approve of "alternate scoring system"

I doubt this thread would be made when the altnernat scoring system favors a fighter OP thought should've won.

Oh come now D. I thought you knew me better than that. I score many fights that I don't post and usually post the controversial ones to show people the difference of my system or to show that even under a system that heavily favors striking and finishing Johny Wins. Hell, he wouldn't have even been given a yellow card under my or Pride rules because he never stopped throwing serious punches.

I had no horse in the Condit/Hendricks race. I don't believe either fighter has anything for Georges (as we saw from Carlos). I just wanted a good fight.
3/21/13 3:07 PM
epic hero

Condit's my dude but Hendricks won fairly squarely, it's kind of annoying how the judges got it correct but people complain about the decision because they're a fan of the fighter...Hendricks did a lot more then just get takedowns too...

Fellow Condit fans mocked the Diaz fans "1,2, and 5" but now it seems they have their own version, "2 and 3"
3/21/13 3:10 PM
cheesesteak
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was close and Condit got wrestle fucked but I still give it to Hendricks because he didn't simply play the takedown game. he threw the kitchen sink and was just as aggressive in the striking as Carlos. Hendricks is hell on wheels.
3/21/13 3:13 PM
sgotwalks
1630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a very close fight. I was there, and quite honestly...........I was drunk as fuck by then. I was pulling for Condit, and I'm sure I let my pissed offedness be known after the decision, but I will have to watch the fight again this weekend as I will by the ppv after the event has taken place for the first time in my life. 

Anyhow, I just got back to BC and into my own bed at about 3am today, after two weeks of cross-country debauchery. Some pic's a video coming in the next couple days.

3/21/13 3:18 PM
RKing85
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so your scoring system came to the same result that the current system came to.
3/21/13 3:36 PM
Haulport

RKing85 - so your scoring system came to the same result that the current system came to.

Yes, and...................?

It doesn't always and in the case of any result, you can go an truly evaluate what happened in a much more granular way then just "Judge #1 gave it to Fighter X"

Here a lot of people are saying that Johny stalled and yet he clearly won the striking in round 1 and almost won the striking in round 2. On top of that he landed 12 takedowns. This kind of accounting of fights allows judges, fans, promoters, fighters, etc. to TRULY understand what happened, why a person won or loss and in the fighter's case (during the fight) exactly what they need to do to win.

The unified rules cannot supply ANY of that........
3/21/13 4:03 PM
Pat Giles
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your system is terrible. Getting up from a takedown is 0 points? Work off your back is 0? The unified rules suck too. Phone Post
3/21/13 4:31 PM
dangerboy12
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles -  Your system is terrible. Getting up from a takedown is 0 points? Work off your back is 0? The unified rules suck too. Phone Post

I don't think getting up should be worth points.

And his system does reward offense from the bottom.

My only complaint with Haulport's system is the fact it rarely gives a different winner than the original scoring. When it does, the fights are so close I would rather score them a draw.

But his system does give transparency, and cuts down on subjectivity, which I like.
3/21/13 10:13 PM
Haulport

Pat Giles -  Your system is terrible. Getting up from a takedown is 0 points? Work off your back is 0? The unified rules suck too. Phone Post

How many sports scoring systems score defense as points?

- Do they score sacks as point in the NFL?
- How about Saves in the NHL?
- Or block field goals?
- Do they tally blocked shots in the NBA?
- Do you get points for excellent head movement in Boxing?
- How about shoulder rolling?

This isn't BJJ and it isn't Fantasy Football. The best way to encourage fighters to FIGHT is to score offensive actions: engaging your opponent with grappling (subs/takedowns/sweeps), striking, etc. Scoring defense is almost NEVER done in any sport and for good reasons. Mostly because it doesn't encourage offense. If the Baltimore Ravens could have won the Superbowl by stuffing runs, defending passes and sacing the QB do you think they'd ever throw the ball down the field? Who wants to see that?

And I don't know what you mean about "Work off you back is 0?" since I score sweeps, sub attempts and even guard pulls. What else would you like me to score? Should Crackhead Control be 0.25 points?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.