UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How many strikes did GSP throw from back control?

3/17/13 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like he was there all fight and I was waiting for him to stabilize his position and to start dropping bombs on nick but he never did. I know nick was fishing for that rolling kneebar but it seemed like he hardly threw any hard shots from that position. Phone Post
3/17/13 4:40 PM
kanotoa
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick is slippery and he would have spun out if GSP didn't hold him down. It may not have been pretty but he won. Phone Post
3/17/13 5:32 PM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he landed enough. Diaz never really let GSP sit there and rain down, as soon as GSP started to land Diaz would try to roll out.
3/17/13 6:35 PM
DanteHec
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

High level grapplers , that fight was 2 awesome fighters with really good endurance Phone Post
3/17/13 7:06 PM
cycklops
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 
crossfire -  Enough to win , u sad ? Phone Post

Enough to win an mma match under the unified rules of mma. I really hope everyone is incredibly proud of the amazing performance GSP put on last night, especially in rounds 3-5.

It was a work of art. Mr. Hitter didn't/couldn't do a fuckin thing from his feet because his head was getting snapped back by the jabs.
3/17/13 7:16 PM
MolsonMuscles
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 

Enjoy this brand of mma, then, guys. MMA used to answer the question of "who is the better fighter?" Now, it answers the question of "who is the better point scorer?"

What an absolute fucking joke

GSP is the better fighter, period.
3/17/13 7:17 PM

cycklops -
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 

Enough to win an mma match under the unified rules of mma. I really hope everyone is incredibly proud of the amazing performance GSP put on last night, especially in rounds 3-5.

It was a work of art. Mr. Hitter didn't/couldn't do a fuckin thing from his feet because his head was getting snapped back by the jabs.
Nah. It was the takedowns that stifled nicks striking not the jabs. Put Gsp in a boxing ring with nick or thiago or the like and he loses. Phone Post
3/17/13 7:20 PM
ChaosOverkill
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/13 7:21 PM
Gsp and spider winning always carries the added bonus of goku continuing to be wrong and angry
3/17/13 7:22 PM
Demolition Man
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enjoy this brand of mma, then, guys. MMA used to answer the question of "who is the better fighter?" Now, it answers the question of "who is the better point scorer?"

What an absolute fucking joke

This is just embarrassing.
3/17/13 7:23 PM
HectorOfTroy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hold on for dear life, Georges, because in the few moments of actual fighting, your face got fucking busted up

I grant you as well a jar of gypsy tears.
3/17/13 7:27 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
cycklops -
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 

Nah. It was the takedowns that stifled nicks striking not the jabs. Put Gsp in a boxing ring with nick or thiago or the like and he loses. Phone Post
So what it saying is, nick didn't have the ability to deal with gsp's style. Diaz was to one dimensional to deal with the grappling and striking of gsp. You r in fact stating that gsp is superior to nick because he has more tools in his box, he is multifaceted, and nick is one dimensional. Is that it? Phone Post
3/18/13 6:28 AM
cycklops
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leftlegtrumpcard - 
cycklops -
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 

So what it saying is, nick didn't have the ability to deal with gsp's style. Diaz was to one dimensional to deal with the grappling and striking of gsp. You r in fact stating that gsp is superior to nick because he has more tools in his box, he is multifaceted, and nick is one dimensional. Is that it? Phone Post

I'll answer for him.

"Yes. That's it. That's exactly what I'm saying."
3/18/13 9:06 AM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cycklops -
leftlegtrumpcard - 
cycklops -
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 

I'll answer for him.

"Yes. That's it. That's exactly what I'm saying."
Thank u for the reply. Phone Post
3/18/13 9:24 AM

ChaosOverkill - Gsp and spider winning always carries the added bonus of goku continuing to be wrong and angry
Wrong about what dumbfuck? I picked Gsp to win the exact way that he did. Phone Post
3/18/13 9:25 AM

leftlegtrumpcard -
cycklops -
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 

I'm saying Gsp is not a better striker than nick. That's all. Phone Post
3/18/13 9:31 AM
leftlegtrumpcard

leftlegtrumpcard -
cycklops -
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 

I'm saying Gsp is not a better striker than nick. That's all. Phone Post
I can agree with that. Technically nick is better with his hands. I think if the went three rounds just boxing, gsp would still give him problems because of his movement tho. Nick was just like every other WW, confused by the td and jab. They threw off his timing. I do think that nicks hands are better, but gsp has movement and that can negate hands. Would be interesting to see a straight striking affair between the two. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:21 AM
sarcotraps

I don't understand why GSP didn't do knees to the body more.He had Diaz in that turtle position alot.I used to install carpet for a living and if i had Diaz there i would have destroyed his body.
3/18/13 11:23 AM

sarcotraps - I don't understand why GSP didn't do knees to the body more.He had Diaz in that turtle position alot.I used to install carpet for a living and if i had Diaz there i would have destroyed his body.

its the same reason he hasnt finished anyone in 4 years. gsp takes the conservative route. raising a knee offsets your base, making it more difficult to control the opponent and prevent him from escaping or going for submissions.

3/18/13 11:33 AM
triso
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sarcotraps - I don't understand why GSP didn't do knees to the body more.He had Diaz in that turtle position alot.I used to install carpet for a living and if i had Diaz there i would have destroyed his body.

Nick would have rolled out.

By controlling Nick with a tight waist he was able to constantly stay on top while landing punches, and if Nick did roll he was able to slow it just enough to remain on top and in a good position when Nick finished the roll.

Basically he chose not to throw them in order to control him more effectively.

3/18/13 11:44 AM
alkysmurf
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exactly nick was such a dangerous opponent on the ground gsp could only maintain control. Standing nick started to put it on but the jab had some extra snap to it tonight and it really did fuck with nicks timing, and then every time he moved forward gsp would shoot again. That said I was very disappointed that nick never tried to push the pace.

So the fight was gsp holding for control, and throwing a jab/superman and shooting a td that goes nowhere. At no point was gsp thinking of finishing nick or even thinking about trying to... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.