UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz vs. Damian Maia is the fight to make ...

3/17/13 6:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rickson's Aura
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick hates wrestlers because they will hold him down. Most of the top WWs are wrestlers who probably won't stand with Nick for an extended period of time if they want to win. Nick says he appreciates good boxing and good jiu-jitsu. Maia doesn't have the boxing, but he is great on the ground. Nick would own him on the feet, but Maia's takedowns aren't bad which means they could end up on the ground. Would Nick still complain about his opponent in this scenario?
3/17/13 6:52 PM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it......
3/17/13 6:53 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a good fight and one that Nick would probably take. Phone Post
3/17/13 7:12 PM
Dogman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After watching Maia take fitch down and domninate him, I dont think Nick stands a chance, but sure set it up.
3/17/13 7:14 PM
Rickson's Aura
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogman - After watching Maia take fitch down and domninate him, I dont think Nick stands a chance, but sure set it up.

So far Nick has only ripped wrestlers for how they beat him...would he complain about Maia too who likely will be going for subs since he is the better grappler on paper?
3/17/13 7:16 PM
JacT
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id love to see it. Only bummer is one of them has to lose Phone Post
ntcdef
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KOS KOS KOS

Rickson's Aura

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Nick is coming off 2 straight losses, and Maia is coming off 3 straight wins, no thanks.

I think Maia would still take it cause Nick is a name which means money and the match-up is one that he probably feels good about.
3/17/13 7:18 PM
Evolvable

I like this fight. This or Diaz vs Koscheck.
3/17/13 7:19 PM
Pancake Syrup
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/13 7:21 PM
Maia vs Rory. Lets see Rory face a legit top 10 fighter.....Bisping gets all the hate for being ranked so high with 1 top 10 win and Rory is sitting at 4 in a more stacked division with 0 top 10 wins

Kos vs Diaz
3/17/13 7:21 PM
Ip Man 81

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Nick is coming off 2 straight losses, and Maia is coming off 3 straight wins, no thanks.
Party pooper Phone Post
3/17/13 7:24 PM
Brabatross

Give him a rematch with Condit.
3/17/13 7:28 PM
juicer
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ntcdef -

KOS KOS KOS

This Phone Post
3/17/13 7:39 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Nick is coming off 2 straight losses, and Maia is coming off 3 straight wins, no thanks.
Nick just fought for the title, I am pretty sure the Condit rematch will get made. But Maia would benefit from a win over Diaz. Phone Post
3/17/13 7:41 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia would take this handly

3/17/13 7:57 PM
orcus

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Nick is coming off 2 straight losses, and Maia is coming off 3 straight wins, no thanks.

Yep.

Plus Maia is a much better wrestler and Nick has no hope of submitting him.

3/17/13 8:24 PM
Rickson's Aura

I don't see the point in matching Nick with a wrestler just yet. Other interesting match ups to make include Ellenberger/Rory and Condit/ Lawler. These are all fresh match ups. You could always do the rematches later.
3/18/13 10:44 AM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though I would like to see it, I admit you are right that Nick does not deserve it right now.......But I think it would be a interesting fight if it happened.......I think Maia would probably toss him around for a while.......If anyone could sub Nick, Maia MIGHT be the guy to do it........I bet the transitions would be sick.......
3/18/13 10:49 AM
HereticMMA

Zuffa doesn't usually match a fighter coming off a win with a fighter coming off a loss. Ellenberger vs Maia is the fight to make.
3/18/13 10:55 AM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HereticMMA - Zuffa doesn't usually match a fighter coming off a win with a fighter coming off a loss. Ellenberger vs Maia is the fight to make.
This, said it in another thread. Perfect. Winner gets the next shot. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:14 AM
LyotoBundy
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see Diaz get 1-2 wins before he faces Condit again. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:14 AM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, we'd finally see Diaz show his fear...and hypocrisy.
After not allowing the fight to hit the ground (fear) he'd state during the postfight interview how stupid it would be not to stay away from Maia's strength (hypocrisy) Phone Post
3/18/13 11:22 AM
BigEyedFish

this. I dont quite understand the logic here. Nick gets a shot at the top contenders why? Because he has a big mouth? He keeps losing fights. He should go back underneath the legitimate fighters who are winning and working hard for their contender status. The UFC has got to stop matchmaking based on who shoots their mouth off the most.
3/18/13 12:22 PM
FreakDaddy

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  Nick beats him via superior standup. Idc if Nick fights Maia, Ellenberger, or Kampmann, as he wins all three. Phone Post

Kampmann is the fight that makes the most sense........
3/18/13 12:33 PM
orcus

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  Nick beats him via superior standup. Idc if Nick fights Maia, Ellenberger, or Kampmann, as he wins all three. Phone Post

How does Nick's standup get him a win over a guy who can take him down at will?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.