UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP vs Diaz. No time limit. Who wins?

3/17/13 7:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Double12
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who do you guys believe would win under UFC 1 rules? I watched the fight and GSP obviously dominated on the scorecards but at the same time I felt if there was not time limit, we would eventually see GSP tire, be unable to get takedowns and get knocked out.

In my opinion GSP is the superior sportsman in this sport we call MMA under UFC rules but I believe Diaz is the superior fighter.

That said, I'm a fan of both men and would like to know if more people share my view.
3/17/13 7:43 PM
Rudi

rrefs - ZZZZZZZZ...
/thread Phone Post
3/17/13 7:48 PM
white

GSP wins any mma format. UFC 1 rules Diaz would get brutalized. Phone Post
3/17/13 7:49 PM
The Shockmaster

GSP rains down headbutts from guard and finishes Nick within 10 minutes. If Nick manages to escape and gets up, GSP takes him down again and starts in with knees to the head.

I doubt the fight lasts even 15 minutes.
3/17/13 7:52 PM
MolsonMuscles
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Shockmaster - GSP rains down headbutts from guard and finishes Nick within 10 minutes. If Nick manages to escape and gets up, GSP takes him down again and starts in with knees to the head.

This.

GSP + knees on the ground = nighty night, Nicky. Ask Thomas Denny.
3/17/13 7:54 PM
andyman011

MolsonMuscles -
The Shockmaster - GSP rains down headbutts from guard and finishes Nick within 10 minutes. If Nick manages to escape and gets up, GSP takes him down again and starts in with knees to the head.

This.

Geez, ask serra. He only got body knees too and they looked painful as fuck Phone Post
3/17/13 8:30 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

delusional. The guys that throw this comment out never watched the early UFC's.

GSP would have fucked Nicks world right up under those rules.
3/17/13 8:34 PM
Massa
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Under UFC 1 or Pride rules GSP ends the fight early and brutally. Head buts and knees to the head of the grounded opponent really favour GSP.
3/17/13 8:45 PM
32Hunter

uh Nick was barely hurt last night I still say Nick wins, like there's any chance Nick gives GSP an opportunity to Knee his face off.
3/17/13 8:47 PM
32Hunter

headbutts could be a problem however.
3/17/13 8:53 PM
TJGTT_Halichap

32Hunter - uh Nick was barely hurt last night I still say Nick wins, like there's any chance Nick gives GSP an opportunity to Knee his face off.
If legal, his head could have easily been kneed to shit last night. Wide open a few times. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:13 PM
MolsonMuscles
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 - 
MolsonMuscles -

This.

Geez, ask serra. He only got body knees too and they looked painful as fuck Phone Post

My buddy was cageside for that fight, and he said he could FEEL those knees landing on Serra. Brutal.
3/17/13 9:25 PM
Leghound
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Massa - Under UFC 1 or Pride rules GSP ends the fight early and brutally. Head buts and knees to the head of the grounded opponent really favour GSP.

Fucking this.  When did it become popular for retards to say Pride/early UFC rules/street fight wouldn't favor a ridiculously good wrestler? 

3/17/13 9:27 PM
Lazer MMA

Leghound - 
Massa - Under UFC 1 or Pride rules GSP ends the fight early and brutally. Head buts and knees to the head of the grounded opponent really favour GSP.

Fucking this.  When did it become popular for retards to say Pride/early UFC rules/street fight wouldn't favor a ridiculously good wrestler? 

3/17/13 9:27 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those early days rules completely favoured the wrestlers in every respect as soon as they had figured out some submission defense.
3/17/13 9:28 PM
MMOZ

Leghound - 

It's Diaz fans making these threads, they are trying to scrounge for matchups that favour their guy over GSP.

3/17/13 9:32 PM
Jaybrone
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knees to the head on the ground Nick gets demolished in UFC 1 rules.

3/17/13 9:32 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The IRS
3/17/13 9:33 PM
soremano

that is an excellent thread and something I thought about as well

I would very much like to see nick diaz vs gsp with no time limit (under current rules)

gsp was controlling the fight with ease but wasn't hurting diaz all that much, gsp looked like he was gassing a little bit and diaz is ridiculously hard to finish. diaz was slowing down as well though it may be just from being discouraged. if that same fight goes on for an hour what would happen? I would actually pay for that ppv as opposed to the last one

3/17/13 9:33 PM
D241
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As sure as I was that GSP would beat Diaz via decision, I'm waaaay more sure that Diaz would finish GSP.

3/17/13 9:34 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 

Knees to the head on the ground Nick gets demolished in UFC 1 rules.

I think elbows to the back of the head would be a bigger issue, and he gets demolished by those from all the turtling.
3/17/13 9:34 PM
soremano

even though that would never happen i wish they would do one card with no time limit, only way to win is submission or knockout, to see how those fighters who fight to win a decision cope with that format

3/17/13 9:35 PM
MMOZ

We can all agree (besides the tards posting in this thread) that GSP wins via living death.

3/17/13 10:00 PM
GC111

soremano - 

even though that would never happen i wish they would do one card with no time limit, only way to win is submission or knockout, to see how those fighters who fight to win a decision cope with that format

It has happened just a long time ago.
3/17/13 11:27 PM
Double12

Not too many intelligent posts here. GSP was allowed to knee the body yesterday but couldn't do it effectively. Just like he wouldn't be able to knee the head or do any significant damage while on top. GSP maintains great top control partially because he takes very little risks and therefore cannot hurt or submit any top level guy even though he maintains control so well. Attempting to do real damage from the top against an elite jiu jitsu fighter is extremely difficult and obviously opens you up to submissions. This is why there is an epidemic of wrestlers laying and praying just to get the decision. Everyone will agree that the "rules" favor wrestlers.

If he did take those risks, his control would suffer and he might get submitted. The more likely scenario is that GSP tires and gets knocked out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.