UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Sorry I'm going to F up your superfights

3/17/13 8:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

One man that doesn’t want to hear any of that talk is No. 1 UFC middleweight contender Chris Weidman. He is slated to square off with Silva in the UFC 162 main event on July 6 in Las Vegas.

He knows people really want to see fights like St-Pierre vs. Silva or Silva vs. Jones, but all Weidman has to say about that, at least according to UFC president Dana White, is sorry I’m gonna upset your apple cart.

“I talked to Chris Weidman myself. Guy looks me right in the eye and says, ‘I’m telling you, I apologize that I’m going to (expletive) up all your superfights,’” said White following Saturday night’s UFC 158 in Montreal.

read entire article...

3/17/13 8:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a very real shot of doing that. Weidman is legit Phone Post
3/17/13 8:58 PM
LEKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more he talks the more I dislike him. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:00 PM
DRevan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people are overlooking the historical significance of this fight....combat sport history suggests Weidman wins. If Silva wins...he is going against conventional historical precedent and expectation.

But if anyone can do it, it's Silva. But it will be a serious achievement if he wins.
3/17/13 9:01 PM
phillyslice99

DRevan - I think people are overlooking the historical significance of this fight....combat sport history suggests Weidman wins. If Silva wins...he is going against conventional historical precedent and expectation.

But if anyone can do it, it's Silva. But it will be a serious achievement if he wins.
Huh? Silva is supposed to win and he will win Phone Post
3/17/13 9:05 PM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's ok. They probably weren't going to happen anyway. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:08 PM
FunDeath4u

I had been wanting to see SIlva lose for years, but it never happened and now I think he is simply amazing. Good luck to C.W. but Silva is a smooth pimp and I am never betting against him again.
3/17/13 9:14 PM
John M
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silly silly...
3/17/13 9:15 PM
Froggin Bullfish
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DRevan - I think people are overlooking the historical significance of this fight....combat sport history suggests Weidman wins. If Silva wins...he is going against conventional historical precedent and expectation.

?? The fuck are you talking about Phone Post
3/17/13 9:16 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being a Silva fan I can admit Weidman has a very good chance to win, but this kid is talking too much now. People keep saying he's humble but i've yet to see it. That being said I still think Silva will win!
3/17/13 9:17 PM
kyle223
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/13 9:22 PM
I think it will be a great fight, but I'm not going to be one of those guys that claims Silva has nothing in this fight. I still think Silva "shocks" everyone and gets a 2nd round tko.
3/17/13 9:18 PM
aarick161

He "defaulted" into a title shot that should of been his anyway. He might not have been the biggest draw, but he was and still is the number 1 contender. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:19 PM
The_R
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone is delusional…That being said if he catches lightning in a bottle it will be the biggest upset in UFC history. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:19 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chasen - If you don't have this type of confidence, you don't even need to be in the ring with the GOAT. I can't wait for this fight, I think people are overlooking Weidman's extremely technical wrestling.

I agree with this.  If he doesn't believe he can win then he has no business in there with Anderson.  That being said I think Anderson wins this in under 3 rounds.

3/17/13 9:22 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

God forbid he believe in himself. Most people are defeated before they get into the cage with Anderson. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:28 PM
Shanle929

Even though I believe Silva will win.... Even if Weidman wins, why would that matter, really. Both the super fights are at other weight classes. Neither of which saying being at 185(maybe GSP) but doubtful. So even with a snowballs chance. The super fights would still sell. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:30 PM
TJGTT_Halichap
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol wat?

More details on this history angle please. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:31 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Ya sure u are weidman.. rip Phone Post
3/17/13 9:31 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - God forbid he believe in himself. Most people are defeated before they get into the cage with Anderson. Phone Post
This. People get so butthurt about anything Weidman says. Phone Post
3/17/13 9:32 PM
Brabatross

I wish he fought Boetsch first.
3/17/13 9:32 PM
MMOZ

Wediman has more for Silva than any of his previous competitors that's for sure, plus he isn't really trash talking he is just trying to keep it real. I think there is a pretty good chance Weidman takes this.

Changing of the garb IMO.

3/17/13 9:34 PM
Libero21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman is tough if he can get dominant positions on top of anderson, he could get a sub but if that doesnt happen except an unreal matrix finish by silva.
3/17/13 9:40 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman is like Chael Sonnen, but with high-level striking and submission defense.  I can see him giving Anderson problems.  And Chris isn't smack-talking.  He said it to DFW, not the media, and DFW repeated it.  

It was an expression of confidence, which is very encouraging, considering how dismissive most people of been of his chances.

3/17/13 9:43 PM
Brabatross

I don't really see how you can get mad at him for saying he's going to win the fight...
3/17/13 9:46 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brabatross - I don't really see how you can get mad at him for saying he's going to win the fight...
Apparently people consider this "talking trash". Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.