UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> My son, future strongman!

3/17/13 9:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chocolate Shatner
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will try to post pics later, but had to share now.

Last night, went bowling as part of a goodbye party for some friends. My two year old son was with us, and as is normal for him, wanted to participate in everything that Daddy does.

This particular alley doesn't have "bumper bowling", but did have a lightweight ramp for kids and people who can't bowl themselves. My wife and I decided to let him throw some of our frames, by helping him carry his (6 pound) ball over to the ramp, and letting him push it off himself.

Well, after throwing my frame (because of the alley's house balls, I was using a 15 pounder, it was the only thing with finger holes my size), I turn around and sit down. My wife threw her first ball, and turned around to get the ramp for my son to throw the second ball.

A friend had asked me a question, so I was distracted, but unconcerned as my son was helping my wife with the ramp (well, he thought in his two year old way that he was helping). I turn around, and watch as my two year old son proceeds with absolutely no fucking qualms to pick up MY 15 pound ball and walk it Atlas Stones style over to the ramp, set it down at the base of the ramp, reset his grip like he was Mariusz Pudz himself, and lift the fucking thing and set it on the top of the ramp (this was about his normal eye level).

He then without skipping a beat pushes the ball down the ramp, where it rolls down and knocks down 5 pins. During this time, he climbed up on top of the ramp, sat down, and when the pins falls, beams the world's biggest smile and claps, hollering "YAAAAY!"

My wife and I spent the rest of the evening just making sure our little Strongman didn't drop one of the balls on his toes, but he insisted on Atlas Stoning the ball over to the ramp for the rest of the night, and usually wanted to use the 15 pounder.

Not bad for a 28 pound kid who is only 2, neh?
3/18/13 12:33 AM
El_Varaco
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo sir, you are siring the hulk
3/18/13 2:03 AM
Chocolate Shatner
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here he is. Damn I'm a proud Daddy!

3/18/13 4:10 AM
Leigh
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome! I'm going to Atlas stone test my 1 year old :) Phone Post
3/18/13 4:35 AM
Chocolate Shatner

Leigh, I gotta get some pics of him doing "weightlifting" with Daddy. His two favorite things to are 1) he takes a wood dowel that I use for teaching form to newbies (it's 180 cm long) and does what can best be described as Zercher squats with the thing, and 2) if my own bar is on the lowest points of the rack, he'll throw his arms over the bar, sock it into his armpits, and lift his legs, basically doing a leg raise, and swing back and forth giggling.

He states that this is "weightlifting with Daddy."

makes my freakin' heart melt.
3/18/13 10:54 AM
vermonter
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL nice!

Looks easy too....
3/18/13 11:19 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats awesome. Perfect example of how kids pick up on their parents habits. Fortunately you have good habits!
3/18/13 11:23 AM
ryanJ
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome!

Just keep an eye on him...the little guy might decide to start training the keg toss next and rocket your pitcher of beer over in to the next lane.

3/18/13 11:40 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome, I bet you could not stop grinning for hours.
3/18/13 6:09 PM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just make sure he doesn't start curling in the squat rack. Cute kid!
3/18/13 7:09 PM
Chocolate Shatner

Nope, no curls in the squat rack. In fact, there are no curls allowed at my gym at all. If you curl, I shove a 15 kilo plate up your ass.
3/18/13 7:35 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you made me "awwwwwwww" so loud I think i grew an ovary
3/18/13 7:42 PM
sly fox
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hehe awesome!

3/18/13 10:31 PM
Synado
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looks athletic and explosive to me.
3/19/13 3:31 AM
Chocolate Shatner

BernardHopkins - is that you with the back brace on?

Hardly, man. That's a friend, local guy who does part time preacher work on the side.

Synado, thanks. But, no one is allowed to call him "thick, solid, tight" just yet. At least wait until he's 5.
3/19/13 6:12 AM
Synado
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate Shatner - 

Hardly, man. That's a friend, local guy who does part time preacher work on the side.

Synado, thanks. But, no one is allowed to call him "thick, solid, tight" just yet. At least wait until he's 5.

I'd imagine you would respond with lock, loaded, click.
3/20/13 7:47 AM
Chocolate Shatner

Synado - 
Chocolate Shatner - 

I'd imagine you would respond with lock, loaded, click.

Nah, I live in Japan. Can't reply with that. However, I could reply with other means.
3/21/13 8:02 PM
Wiggy
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now THAT is the coolest thing I've read all damn day!!

I'm gonna check back in about 15 years to see how he's doing in state-level shows and see what his plans are for turning pro.
3/29/13 7:41 AM
LordSeano
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol thats awesome man. My kids the same. He has a desire to lift the heaviest stuff he can find in the house.

Hes got beast genetics as well. Black, english and asian. Hes all six pack and pecs at 2.5 Phone Post
3/29/13 7:42 AM
LordSeano
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The funny thing is when he lifts stuff its with picture perfect form from an ass to grass squat and straight back

It just seems natural for kids Phone Post
3/30/13 7:19 AM
Chocolate Shatner

LordSeano -  Lol thats awesome man. My kids the same. He has a desire to lift the heaviest stuff he can find in the house.

Hes got beast genetics as well. Black, english and asian. Hes all six pack and pecs at 2.5 Phone Post

Mine is 100% purebred mullato American. Which means he can either become President (thanks Obama!) or kick ass and take names.

Today I watched as he got into a tug of war fight with a 6 year old over my son's toy excavator (he loves construction vehicles). This is a big toy, big enough for him to ride on while still operating the shovel, etc. A six year old wanted to take it from him, and my son proceeded to clamp down on his end, and yank that shit right out of the six year old's hands. He then proceeded to sit right back down on his excavator like not a damn thing happened, and used his feet to scoot away to the next pile of sand he wanted to fuck around with.

Wish I had a video of it, because it was straight "That's how I roll!"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.