UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Seeing the word "dominated", not sure why?

3/18/13 4:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TeamRenzo4Life
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please explain to me how Diaz was humiliated? Nick did not say he would "put the worst beating on him". Georges did. Georges said "I am going to 'urt 'im." ....and then didn't. If anyone should be humiliated, it's GSP for talking complete bullshit again.
3/18/13 5:09 AM
Letibleu
1619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/13 5:09 AM
stop watching MMA, it may be above your intellectual capacity
3/18/13 5:17 AM
meekie01

Ah its just trolls trying to make out gsp is better than he is as usual... either that or they want to hide from the facts that theyve been fooled again so easily by the handsome little french speaker... every fight he says hes going to finish. Put a beating etc and every fight these people throw their money at him to watch him blanket and pillow fist somebody... then talk about how great it was so they dont feel so stupid! Phone Post
3/18/13 5:18 AM
Dmoney35

gsp dominated Diaz and it maybe was the least competitive defense he has ever had. Phone Post
3/18/13 5:19 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

Is that your brain dead response? GSP vs Koscheck was a total domination. This was not that. Not even close.
You want to know what bugs me? I think GSP is a better athlete and fighter than Diaz. I believe that all day long. What bothers me is the way he uses that talent. For instance, GSP was getting the better of the stand up. He was popping Nick with those punches. Why take him down? I was there live, and even the people around me were getting frustrated.
I understand St.Pierre is trying to fight smart. I get that.
I want him to remind us all why he is the champ sometimes. Is that too much to ask?
3/18/13 5:20 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

If you think GSP dominated you need to invent a sport called ULTIMATE POSITIONING/POINT-SCORING and go watch that.
3/18/13 6:11 AM
DEZBOT

Dmoney35 - gsp dominated Diaz and it maybe was the least competitive defense he has ever had. Phone Post
Bar condit it was his hardest, his face showed it, and he was getting badly gassed/ uneasy from 3rd onwards, he didn't look comfortable/ fluid from the 3rd onwards, truly relied on his athletic prowess/ takedowns and not on his martial art skill Phone Post
3/18/13 7:22 AM
Osbot

TeamRenzo4Life - If you think GSP dominated you need to invent a sport called ULTIMATE POSITIONING/POINT-SCORING and go watch that.

Diaz got sonned.

Do you understand what that means? It means you don't have to beat your son to near death to dominate him when he is a child.

GSP handled Diaz like he was a child.
3/18/13 7:25 AM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life - Is that your brain dead response? GSP vs Koscheck was a total domination. This was not that. Not even close.
You want to know what bugs me? I think GSP is a better athlete and fighter than Diaz. I believe that all day long. What bothers me is the way he uses that talent. For instance, GSP was getting the better of the stand up. He was popping Nick with those punches. Why take him down? I was there live, and even the people around me were getting frustrated.
I understand St.Pierre is trying to fight smart. I get that.
I want him to remind us all why he is the champ sometimes. Is that too much to ask?
Kos did a better job taking into consideration he had one eye IMO.

50-45 is pure domination. Phone Post
3/18/13 8:31 AM
HalfGaurd

Take some BJJ or wrestling classes, then you might get an idea of what people mean by dominated in this case.
3/18/13 8:34 AM
JTRipper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did dominate him, that's why. Now if people were claiming that GSP destroyed Diaz that'd be another matter, but dominated is the right word to use when someone won practically every bit of the fight, barring the end of R3 Phone Post
3/18/13 8:39 AM
richit

The reason you see the word is because GSP dominated nick in the fight . hope that clears things up bro. Have a good one Phone Post
3/18/13 10:36 AM
Osbot

Oh god, the number beside my green arrow keeps getting smaller.

Does that mean I am winning?!
3/18/13 10:45 AM
Lazer MMA

This is why:

dom·i·nat·eddom·i·nat·ing

: rule, control <an empire that dominated the world>
: to exert the supreme determining or guiding influence on <the ambition that has dominated his life>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dominate
3/18/13 10:54 AM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DEZBOT -
Dmoney35 - gsp dominated Diaz and it maybe was the least competitive defense he has ever had. Phone Post
Bar condit it was his hardest, his face showed it, and he was getting badly gassed/ uneasy from 3rd onwards, he didn't look comfortable/ fluid from the 3rd onwards, truly relied on his athletic prowess/ takedowns and not on his martial art skill Phone Post
His hardest barring Condit? How many strikes did Diaz land? I don't know the stats so you may retort with those, but that fight didn't by any means look hard to GSP. Even if it was his second hardest defense, that's not saying much because the only fighter to come close has been Condit. So, still, Nick was dominated and generated little to no offense. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:29 AM
UGSlapshot

This is why I can't stand mma fans, too much stupid.

List all these fighters that supposedly did definitively better than Nick Diaz against GSP in the last four years or shut the fuck up.

So many fans talk out their neck. I get that you don't understand what you saw because you have a lack of practical knowledge but cone on man that fight slow and uneventful for both fighters.

GSP didn't dominate Diaz, he did just enough to win rounds, hell he couldn't even pass guard.

I mean if your idea of "dominate" is to be able to hold a advantageous position and do little with it then clearly he did...

GSP clearly won that fight but nothing he did was that impressive offensively that someone could misconstrue into pure dominance. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:44 AM
LucasBTiger
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If anyone should be humiliated, it's GSP"... The long time, wealthy champion, who outboxed Nick Diaz handily and left him looking hopeless?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! The tears of unfathomable sadness are so invigorating.

I used to think I hated Nick. I don't... But I fucking haaaate his dumbass, whiney fans.

Thanks for the laugh, OP. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:54 AM
UGSlapshot

Lazer MMA -
This is why:

: to exert the supreme determining or guiding influence on <the ambition that has dominated his life>

Well at least we don't have to look up stupid seeing as you posted a prime example of stupidity.

Context son, GSP held a position. He however didn't do anything dominant with it. This was a prize fight and GSP won but nothing he did was dominant.

He couldn't pass, hell couldnt even keep nick from standing up, never had Diaz in submission trouble, he didn't do any damage to speak of, surely if someone truly was so dominant from top position one would hope to see the fruits of his labor.

Jordan Breen, ever hear of that guy. Personally I think it's horrible but I know a lot of mma fans view him as highly credible.

He's also a starch Diaz hater, he's always got some gum flapping to do about Diaz. He said on after the bell he felt Diaz won the stand up, I thought the striking was fairly even with GSP landing more shots and Nick landing harder shots.

I swear the worst trolls on the forums are Diaz haters. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:19 PM
LayzieTheSavage
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
TeamRenzo4Life - Please explain to me how Diaz was humiliated? Nick did not say he would "put the worst beating on him". Georges did. Georges said "I am going to 'urt 'im." ....and then didn't. If anyone should be humiliated, it's GSP for talking complete bullshit again.
I support OP Phone Post
3/18/13 12:22 PM
Nexuscrawlers
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one fighter was attacking most of the time, the other was defending most of the time.

i would generally call that a domination, or dominant fight.

3/18/13 12:23 PM
Elias Cepeda
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz was not humiliated but yes, GSP dominated that fight.

3/18/13 12:23 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

50-45 in which Diaz didn't win a single minute of the fight, was outstruck 3 to 1, was taken down 9 times to zero, and spent the majority of the fight getting dumped on his head, turtling, and trying to roll out from under GSP...

Guess that doesn't meet your criteria for dominated.

Keep in mind that Diaz is one of the toughest fighters in the sport to actually finish, so when you criticize GSP for being unable to finish Diaz in a fight he was completely outclassing him, you also disrespect Nick Diaz.

Most Diaz fans aren't smart enough to understand that correlation, however
3/18/13 12:30 PM
Morgz
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 -  Uses "dominated" in thread title.
Uses "humiliated" in post.

Fail Phone Post

I was also confused by this.  

Are we talking about dominating or humiliating?

3/18/13 12:36 PM
Lazer MMA

UGSlapshot - 
Lazer MMA -
This is why:

Well at least we don't have to look up stupid seeing as you posted a prime example of stupidity.

Context son, GSP held a position. He however didn't do anything dominant with it. This was a prize fight and GSP won but nothing he did was dominant.

He couldn't pass, hell couldnt even keep nick from standing up, never had Diaz in submission trouble, he didn't do any damage to speak of, surely if someone truly was so dominant from top position one would hope to see the fruits of his labor.

Jordan Breen, ever hear of that guy. Personally I think it's horrible but I know a lot of mma fans view him as highly credible.

He's also a starch Diaz hater, he's always got some gum flapping to do about Diaz. He said on after the bell he felt Diaz won the stand up, I thought the striking was fairly even with GSP landing more shots and Nick landing harder shots.

I swear the worst trolls on the forums are Diaz haters. Phone Post

I do not hate Diaz LOL.

In fact some great fans of his are my friends. Frankly, I hate no fighter (I did dislike Brock the most though after the 'finger' and talking about laying on his wife though).

To me 50-45 is dominant. Winning every round (with EVERY major web site as far as I know in agreement of that) and controlling your opponent is dominant IMO. As usual GSP could have gone for more to be 'more' dominant but failed to. Why argue about the level of dominance? It existed and yes could have been greater. I'm completely neutral on the matter as well. I think most posters agree that he was dominant no?
3/18/13 12:40 PM
Jaybrone
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - 

one fighter was attacking most of the time, the other was defending most of the time.

i would generally call that a domination, or dominant fight.

This. When one fighter is reduced to nothing but defense for 5 rounds it is because the other guy is dominating him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.