UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Seeing the word "dominated", not sure why?

3/21/13 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TeamRenzo4Life
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was there live, even the people around me were getting sick of GSP's bullshit. Point-scoring and holding someone down is not a domination, especially when you spend all kinds of time saying you're gonna beat him down. It was a disgusting display of fighting not to lose and never again will I pay money to see GSP.
3/21/13 7:01 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Batty -
KingD87 - 
TeamRenzo4Life - Is that your brain dead response? GSP vs Koscheck was a total domination. This was not that. Not even close.
You want to know what bugs me? I think GSP is a better athlete and fighter than Diaz. I believe that all day long. What bothers me is the way he uses that talent. For instance, GSP was getting the better of the stand up. He was popping Nick with those punches. Why take him down? I was there live, and even the people around me were getting frustrated.
I understand St.Pierre is trying to fight smart. I get that.
I want him to remind us all why he is the champ sometimes. Is that too much to ask?
Kos did a better job taking into consideration he had one eye IMO.

50-45 is pure domination. Phone Post

50-45 means someone edged each round. 50-40, or worse - which is actually possible, would be a domination. You might not know this, though, because the judges almost always give 10-9 rounds, unless there's a near-death.
So you say 50-45 isn't dominant, then go on to say that judges never give 10-8 rounds? So how much more dominant does it get, in your book? Phone Post
3/31/13 7:55 AM
richit

Hope all has been cleared up now on why you heard the word 'dominated' in regards to the GSP vs Diaz fight :) Phone Post
3/31/13 8:23 AM
Voiceinthedesert

Tiger woods with a 2 stroke lead. He his at the 18th tee facing a tough par 5 surrounded by water. The wind is blowing left at 20 mph. He needs a perfect 350 yard shot to make it on the green with one shot or he could use a 2 iron to set-up an easy birdie try. This is for the Masters and 1st place overall.

Put yourself in his place for a second. Would you use your driver or your iron?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the 1st place guy tends to land the biggest sponsors. Deals that are worth millions. Think about it.
4/1/13 10:08 AM
richit

Looking at the scorecard would explain so much Incase there is any confusion ... Phone Post
4/2/13 6:17 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Edited: 04/02/13 6:17 PM
oops
4/2/13 6:19 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Herman Munster - 
TeamRenzo4Life - Please explain to me how Diaz was humiliated? Nick did not say he would "put the worst beating on him". Georges did. Georges said "I am going to 'urt 'im." ....and then didn't. If anyone should be humiliated, it's GSP for talking complete bullshit again.

Maybe you should tell him that the next time he's at Renzo's, "TeamRenzoGuy". Wonder how fast it would be before Renzo boots you out the door on your ass.

I am nowhere near Renzo's gym. if GSP trained at my local affiliate, he would have been shown the door for being a creonte years ago.
4/2/13 6:54 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Osbot - 
TeamRenzo4Life - If you think GSP dominated you need to invent a sport called ULTIMATE POSITIONING/POINT-SCORING and go watch that.

Diaz got sonned.

Do you understand what that means? It means you don't have to beat your son to near death to dominate him when he is a child.

GSP handled Diaz like he was a child.

please try to keep your argument within the realm of reality
4/3/13 1:17 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subwrassler -
Osbot - 
TeamRenzo4Life - If you think GSP dominated you need to invent a sport called ULTIMATE POSITIONING/POINT-SCORING and go watch that.

Diaz got sonned.

Do you understand what that means? It means you don't have to beat your son to near death to dominate him when he is a child.

GSP handled Diaz like he was a child.

please try to keep your argument within the realm of reality
LOL
I would say his description of the fight was spot on and as real as it gets.
And TeamRenzo... UFC is an organization not a sport. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 1:34 AM
random_muppett
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elias Cepeda -

Diaz was not humiliated but yes, GSP dominated that fight.

This Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.