UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Someone Critique my diet please?

3/19/13 1:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sczott52
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah you can say I'm wrong and mock me that's fine. Or you could do what I did and do a little research. I never said chuck whey protein. Just said it isn't necessary. Do you think it's better to get your protein from whole minimally processed foods, or from protein shakes and supplements which essentially are processed foods.

I'm not saying that 6 meals a day doesn't work. I'm just saying it's not the only way. It's a matter of preference. And I don't read magazines, I follow Alan Aragon and his articles which are based off of scientific studies. I also read a lot of Layne Norton's stuff who follows this protocol and is an all natural body builder.

For me it's much easier to just hit required macros and calories and not worry about having to plan my day around 6 or 7 meals. It's also much easier and more realistic for the normal person to stick with this IMO.

If you are interested ill be more than happy to post some links to studies and articles when I get home. If not no worries. Phone Post
3/19/13 2:41 PM
sczott52
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually here you go if anyone's interested.  Blew my mind when I first read it.

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5

3/19/13 3:32 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sczott52 -  Yeah you can say I'm wrong and mock me that's fine. Or you could do what I did and do a little research. I never said chuck whey protein. Just said it isn't necessary. Do you think it's better to get your protein from whole minimally processed foods, or from protein shakes and supplements which essentially are processed foods.

I'm not saying that 6 meals a day doesn't work. I'm just saying it's not the only way. It's a matter of preference. And I don't read magazines, I follow Alan Aragon and his articles which are based off of scientific studies. I also read a lot of Layne Norton's stuff who follows this protocol and is an all natural body builder.

For me it's much easier to just hit required macros and calories and not worry about having to plan my day around 6 or 7 meals. It's also much easier and more realistic for the normal person to stick with this IMO.

If you are interested ill be more than happy to post some links to studies and articles when I get home. If not no worries. Phone Post

I think they were referring to the other guy.
3/19/13 6:09 PM
fuzzislipperz
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sczott52 - Yeah you can say I'm wrong and mock me that's fine. Or you could do what I did and do a little research. I never said chuck whey protein. Just said it isn't necessary. Do you think it's better to get your protein from whole minimally processed foods, or from protein shakes and supplements which essentially are processed foods.

I was referring to Bernard. Phone Post
3/19/13 6:33 PM
Jdbruz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacks Wasted Life - Are you currently making good gains? Your diet looks decent overall to me. Like others have said, adding some non-starchy vegetables would be helpful. If you're getting 250 grams of protein a day I don't think you need anymore. But it looks like a good, healthy baseline diet that you could tweak depending on what goal is more important (muscle gain or fat loss). Phone Post
Yeah I'm making decent gains at the moment mate. I'll try with veggies don't like my chances though haha. I just wanted some advice because at the moment it's feeling good and I'm not feeling drained or anything. And more importantly I feel as though I can really stick to this diet. Thanks for the advice Phone Post
3/19/13 6:36 PM
Jdbruz

Jesus KO'd stayrad - On days you lift up your carb intake and go 20% surplus and on non lifting days lower ur carb intake up fats keeping a 20% deficit.

Keep protein high daily as it helps keep u full and maintain muscle while cutting.

I follow IF which is great as you get to eat big meals which actually keep you full if u have the will power to not eat until 12-2 depending on ur eating window. Phone Post
Thanks for the advice. I like that idea of differing carb ratios on lifting days. Will definitely be trying that. Appreciate it Phone Post
3/19/13 6:36 PM
Jdbruz

sczott52 -
Jdbruz - Yeah I get ya, what else other than more shakes would you suggest to boost protein intake? Say more chicken and more steak for lunch and dinner? Maybe eggs with breakfast? Phone Post
Eggs are good. Eat whatever you like. Turkey, salmon, etc. Phone Post
Thanks mate Phone Post
3/19/13 6:37 PM
Jdbruz

JamesDean57 - Check out this site.

http://www.leangains.com/
Thanks I'll give it a look sarvo Phone Post
3/19/13 6:38 PM
Jdbruz

Thanks for all the advice boys. Very appreciated Phone Post
3/19/13 9:01 PM
sczott52

fuzzislipperz -
sczott52 - Yeah you can say I'm wrong and mock me that's fine. Or you could do what I did and do a little research. I never said chuck whey protein. Just said it isn't necessary. Do you think it's better to get your protein from whole minimally processed foods, or from protein shakes and supplements which essentially are processed foods.

I was referring to Bernard. Phone Post
Well don't I feel like the fucking asshole. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:11 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

LOL @ gaining muscle on that diet. Concerntrate on losing fat first whilst continuing to lift. Then concerntrate on gaining muscle.

What you posted is a decent diet for cutting but you ain't gonna gain no muscle unless your a complete noob. Phone Post
3/20/13 8:39 AM
fuzzislipperz
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - LOL @ gaining muscle on that diet. Concerntrate on losing fat first whilst continuing to lift. Then concerntrate on gaining muscle.

What you posted is a decent diet for cutting but you ain't gonna gain no muscle unless your a complete noob. Phone Post
I wouldn't recommend putting more emphasis on losing fat than gaining muscle, unless you are extremely obese. Putting a focus on gaining muscle mass will cause you to lose body fat in the process. Phone Post
3/20/13 5:06 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

fuzzislipperz -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - LOL @ gaining muscle on that diet. Concerntrate on losing fat first whilst continuing to lift. Then concerntrate on gaining muscle.

I wouldn't recommend putting more emphasis on losing fat than gaining muscle, unless you are extremely obese. Putting a focus on gaining muscle mass will cause you to lose body fat in the process. Phone Post
You CANNOT gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you are obese or a complete noob. Why do people find this concept so hard to grasp? Phone Post
3/20/13 6:02 PM
Jdbruz

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
Jdbruz -
Jesus KO'd stayrad - On days you lift up your carb intake and go 20% surplus and on non lifting days lower ur carb intake up fats keeping a 20% deficit.

Keep protein high daily as it helps keep u full and maintain muscle while cutting.

I follow IF which is great as you get to eat big meals which actually keep you full if u have the will power to not eat until 12-2 depending on ur eating window. Phone Post
Thanks for the advice. I like that idea of differing carb ratios on lifting days. Will definitely be trying that. Appreciate it Phone Post
No worries man. I speak from using this method and still do to this day. I am 5'8 and 180 ATM cutting ATM after a slow bulk.

4-5 years ago I was obese 265 over 35% bodyfat I lost 110 lbs and then bulked up to 200 slowly and now I'm cutting back to 165-170 and going to maintain that weight hopefully Phone Post
That's awesome man congratulations, I've played around with IF, mostly on the weekends and it seemed something I could do. Good luck with getting down to 170! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.