UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Even die hard GSP fans were dissapointed

3/18/13 10:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hubris
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP fans who hated the "thug" Nick Diaz initially were upbeat at the fight but as soon as it hit the mat in the first and second round, instead of excitement it was just silence and dissapointment.

true story
3/18/13 10:23 AM
MartinLav
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Die hard GSP fan, I love Diaz thought.
I was disapointed that he wasn't more agressive after all that trash talk but expecting it.
3/18/13 10:26 AM
DonFrye_Fan

I was not disapointed.

3/18/13 10:27 AM
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wasn't disappointed.  

hey did you guys hear what the first m in mma stands for?  wild and crazy stuff if you ask me.

3/18/13 10:35 AM
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  If you're a true fan of GSP, I don't know how you can really get disappointed with this victory. He's been avoiding any actual fighting and has been doing this fucking point-fighting shit since he got ktfo by Matt Serra.

He is the shining example of why MMA doesn't prove who the better fighter is. If you're a GSP fan, you should know this, so why the fuck are you disappointed, GSP fans? Phone Post

i'm not.  are you disappointed in Nick for stalling and turtling on the ground and not doing a damn thing when the fight was on the feet?  i sure hope so.  GSP did plenty to make that a fight and diaz was happy just to survive.  

3/18/13 10:37 AM
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah it was underwhelming.
I enjoyed GSP/Condit more, perhaps I was expecting too much for GSP/Diaz from the intense build up.
3/18/13 10:39 AM
C Riv

never expected gsp to finish Diaz. Dude is un-finishable. Phone Post
3/18/13 10:42 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

I'm not a die-hard GSP fan, or a GSP fan at all really...

I was rooting for him in this fight and it went exactly like I thought it would.

No reason for disappointment.

3/18/13 10:45 AM
suess

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
suess -
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  If you're a true fan of GSP, I don't know how you can really get disappointed with this victory. He's been avoiding any actual fighting and has been doing this fucking point-fighting shit since he got ktfo by Matt Serra.

He is the shining example of why MMA doesn't prove who the better fighter is. If you're a GSP fan, you should know this, so why the fuck are you disappointed, GSP fans? Phone Post

i'm not.  are you disappointed in Nick for stalling and turtling on the ground and not doing a damn thing when the fight was on the feet?  i sure hope so.  GSP did plenty to make that a fight and diaz was happy just to survive.  

The fight did not surprise me very much. GSP jumping from side to side while having Nick's back was something I didn't expect. Phone Post

you didn't answer my question or respond to my assertion that if you were disappointed you can thank diaz.  

look at the condit fight.  condit was active off his back and attacked non stop.  on the feet he was aggressive.  that fight was awesome.  gsp v diaz was totally differet.  diaz didn't do anything anywhere except talk shit and throw late hits.  

3/18/13 10:59 AM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not disappointed at all. It was great to see it get taken to the mat. And Nick diaz' bjj wizardly abilities (almost mythical status) were rendered, basically, completely overwhelmed. He could do nothing underneath George.

and then GSP proceeded to outstrike Diaz in the fight. OUTBOXING diaz. rendering his jiu jitsu useless. taking him down frequently. control the pace of the fight.

It was a good win
3/18/13 11:09 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course I would have loved to see Nick take more of a beating, but I'd be a lot more disappointed if I was a Diaz fan, he showed absolutely nothing for 25 minutes. No desire to take the title, no sense of urgency, just seemed content to let Georges beat on him.

Put it this way, GSP has delivered far more for his fans in his fights than his opponents have. Diaz, Kos, BJ Penn, Hughes, Fitch, Shields, Condit and Hardy fans all felt worse after their guy fought GSP than GSP fans did.
3/18/13 11:10 AM
da Vinci 81
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was disappointed In gsp's performance only because it's the first time I've actually seen signs of him slowing down. His cardio, timing, and explosiveness all looked as bad as I've ever seen. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:12 AM
MattBFD
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Seuss. Shit-show by Diaz.

But no it was GSP's fault for utilizing his strengths!

Condit fought like mothefucker against GSP. Hate to say it, Diaz looked like he was collecting a check. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:12 AM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im more disappointed in that fact that GSP didnt used his wrestling for control. When your a wrestler as good as GSP you really dont have to worry about losing position. Please try to finish the fuckin fight. If he loses position he can get it right back in 10secs. I just feel like he's too content in controlling his opponent and riding out the decision.
3/18/13 11:13 AM
sodagoespop

Diaz did absolutely nothing for 25 mins. 13 mins standing and 12 mins on the ground, HE DID FK ALL!

Why are you disappointed in GSP again?
3/18/13 11:16 AM
MaliceX
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sodagoespop - Diaz did absolutely nothing for 25 mins. 13 mins standing and 12 mins on the ground, HE DID FK ALL!

Why are you disappointed in GSP again?

If Diaz did nothing, couldn't GSP at least go for mount? take his back? try to end the fight?

or is that too risky...
3/18/13 11:18 AM
billyball2
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -
suess -

The fight did not surprise me very much. GSP jumping from side to side while having Nick's back was something I didn't expect. Phone Post

you didn't answer my question or respond to my assertion that if you were disappointed you can thank diaz.  

look at the condit fight.  condit was active off his back and attacked non stop.  on the feet he was aggressive.  that fight was awesome.  gsp v diaz was totally differet.  diaz didn't do anything anywhere except talk shit and throw late hits.  

Late hits? What other one are you referring to besides the one at the end of round 2 or 3? (Can't remember which)

To answer your question, I am a bit disappointed with Nick's inaction in the first two rounds. I am impressed with his takedown defense in rounds 3 and 4, when GSP was only able to get 4/10 takedowns. I am impressed with his attempt at making it a fight and his ability to walk straight through GSP's superman punches or circling left hooks. I wish he had done more in rounds 1 and 2 to defend the takedown, and I think the fight would have gone a lot differently. I think Diaz wins the rematch tbh. Phone Post

You must have watched a different fight.

Diaz had nothing for GSP. Not one damn thing.

Standup? GSP

Takedowns? GSP

Ground? GSP

Mental? GSP

What was the Diaz gameplan? Hope that GSP gets tired or frustrated and runs blindly forward into a KO punch?

Rematch would be a carbon copy of this fight, and your hero Diaz would get another well-deserved L.
3/18/13 11:19 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - GSP fans who hated the "thug" Nick Diaz initially were upbeat at the fight but as soon as it hit the mat in the first and second round, instead of excitement it was just silence and dissapointment.

true story
Never going to live up to the hype. Style make fights. GSP tried, he even outstruck Diaz bu a small margin but Diaz really does not have the tools to make it a good gight. He cannot stop all the takedowns and still be offensive. He cannot close the distance fast enough and does mot have the BJJ ge to stop GSP ( only Maia potentially has).

Sorry Diaz is talented and fun to watch but he is just not an elite level MMA fighter. To many tools are missing. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:24 AM
sgotwalks
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am making my way home from Montreal where I attended the fights. I am one of "those people" you speak of. Love both guys, and have long defended Georges and his style...........but must admit, it is growing old on me. Thank got for Condit/Hendricks because there were some snoozers that night. My weekend (and night at the fights) were unbelievable though!

3/18/13 11:26 AM
ausgepicht

DonFrye_Fan - 

I was not disapointed.

This. 

3/18/13 11:31 AM
suess

CapnKindBud - 
suess -

i wasn't disappointed.  

hey did you guys hear what the first m in mma stands for?  wild and crazy stuff if you ask me.

Hey man did you hear what the F in UFC stands for ? Crazy stuff. I hear that someday they will actually make them fight. Phone Post

funny, i seem to remember GSP TRYING to fight and diaz being unwilling.  i already explained this.  i assume you are pissed with diaz and not GSP.  

3/18/13 11:36 AM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CapnKindBud -
suess -

i wasn't disappointed.  

Hey man did you hear what the F in UFC stands for ? Crazy stuff. I hear that someday they will actually make them fight. Phone Post
The butthurt is strong with this one Phone Post
3/18/13 11:39 AM
Nick Diaz is the KingGoAT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

i wasn't disappointed.  

Thought it stood for mixed, not wrestle fuck Phone Post
3/18/13 11:41 AM
brianlg

the fact of the matter is that gsp is extremely dominant and hard to hurt. martial arts is about defending yourself, and gsp does it extremely well. it would be more exciting to see him go for the kill and finish people, but he seems to take it easy nowadays. its obvious that he is capable of finishing, dont know why he chooses not to. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:45 AM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point anyone being dissapointed by GSP not finishing is still living in denial. His fans have accepted him for what he is, a very handsome unbeatable WW

The only thing surprising was the amount of takedowns Diaz stuffed. Now im confident Georges will never fight Anderson or take the beating and retire with the mega payday

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.