UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Even die hard GSP fans were dissapointed

3/18/13 11:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GSPsShadyHandWraps
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point anyone being dissapointed by GSP not finishing is still living in denial. His fans have accepted him for what he is, a very handsome unbeatable WW

The only thing surprising was the amount of takedowns Diaz stuffed. Now im confident Georges will never fight Anderson or take the beating and retire with the mega payday

3/18/13 11:47 AM
IHangFromBJsBallSack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck all of you. No one is ever fucking happy, I'm a die hard Diaz fan and I thought he did his best and actually didn't stay still under George for more than a few seconds at a time without moving. I am happy to be a nick Diaz fan and also am happy for George. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:48 AM
ausgepicht

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
suess -
CapnKindBud - 
suess -

i wasn't disappointed.  

hey did you guys hear what the first m in mma stands for?  wild and crazy stuff if you ask me.

Hey man did you hear what the F in UFC stands for ? Crazy stuff. I hear that someday they will actually make them fight. Phone Post

funny, i seem to remember GSP TRYING to fight and diaz being unwilling.  i already explained this.  i assume you are pissed with diaz and not GSP.  

You have a funny understanding of the word "fight" Phone Post

So your "unfunny" definition is to throw less strikes, do no takedowns whatsoever and just fail at one submission after another?

Um. You are projecting.

3/18/13 11:48 AM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
suess -
suess -
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  If you're a true fan of GSP, I don't know how you can really get disappointed with this victory. He's been avoiding any actual fighting and has been doing this fucking point-fighting shit since he got ktfo by Matt Serra.

He is the shining example of why MMA doesn't prove who the better fighter is. If you're a GSP fan, you should know this, so why the fuck are you disappointed, GSP fans? Phone Post

i'm not.  are you disappointed in Nick for stalling and turtling on the ground and not doing a damn thing when the fight was on the feet?  i sure hope so.  GSP did plenty to make that a fight and diaz was happy just to survive.  

The fight did not surprise me very much. GSP jumping from side to side while having Nick's back was something I didn't expect. Phone Post

you didn't answer my question or respond to my assertion that if you were disappointed you can thank diaz.  

look at the condit fight.  condit was active off his back and attacked non stop.  on the feet he was aggressive.  that fight was awesome.  gsp v diaz was totally differet.  diaz didn't do anything anywhere except talk shit and throw late hits.  

Late hits? What other one are you referring to besides the one at the end of round 2 or 3? (Can't remember which)

To answer your question, I am a bit disappointed with Nick's inaction in the first two rounds. I am impressed with his takedown defense in rounds 3 and 4, when GSP was only able to get 4/10 takedowns. I am impressed with his attempt at making it a fight and his ability to walk straight through GSP's superman punches or circling left hooks. I wish he had done more in rounds 1 and 2 to defend the takedown, and I think the fight would have gone a lot differently. I think Diaz wins the rematch tbh. Phone Post
I don't see he logic in this post. You ask what late hits he is talking about, then answer your own question (as if it was a smart question to begin with). Then you say you were impressed with Nicks ability to make it a fight, then said you were disappointed by his inactivity. How were you impressed by his ability to walk through GSPs punches? It's not like he's KOd anybody standing recently. Nick has such a great chin, why would that surprise you? I think him defending takedowns in the later rounds has more to do with GSP telegraphing them than his actual TDD. He had nothing for GSP. It was not like the Condit fight, not even close. That was a war. Nick had every opportunity to make it a war and never did. A rematch would be the same result. So you can cry about GSP "point fighting" all you want, but you can't say that Nick made it a fight, because he just didn't and that's a fact. I understand you're most likely a Diaz fan and disappointed, but no need to discredit GSP. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:50 AM
hubris
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way GSP fought, you could feel the energy just dissipate from the Montreal crowd.
boomtown
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a die hard GSP fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fight. He imposed his will completely and Nick was getting frustrated but couldn't do shit.

I love finishes as much as anyone but Nick was GSP's grappling/striking dummy that night. That's entertainment.
MattBFD
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder -
hubris - GSP fans who hated the "thug" Nick Diaz initially were upbeat at the fight but as soon as it hit the mat in the first and second round, instead of excitement it was just silence and dissapointment.

true story
Never going to live up to the hype. Style make fights. GSP tried, he even outstruck Diaz bu a small margin but Diaz really does not have the tools to make it a good gight. He cannot stop all the takedowns and still be offensive. He cannot close the distance fast enough and does mot have the BJJ ge to stop GSP ( only Maia potentially has).

Sorry Diaz is talented and fun to watch but he is just not an elite level MMA fighter. To many tools are missing. Phone Post
I agree with everything you said, but didn't Georges land more strikes than Diaz even threw? Maybe not a small margin. Phone Post
3/18/13 11:54 AM
MaliceX
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blanketing sucks.

If you can't advance position on top, there should be a stalling call or this sport will suffer.
3/18/13 11:58 AM
ausgepicht

ausgepicht -
suess -
CapnKindBud - 
suess -

i wasn't disappointed.  

hey did you guys hear what the first m in mma stands for?  wild and crazy stuff if you ask me.

Hey man did you hear what the F in UFC stands for ? Crazy stuff. I hear that someday they will actually make them fight. Phone Post

funny, i seem to remember GSP TRYING to fight and diaz being unwilling.  i already explained this.  i assume you are pissed with diaz and not GSP.  

So your "unfunny" definition is to throw less strikes, do no takedowns whatsoever and just fail at one submission after another?

Um. You are projecting.

Did you watch the actual fight or just study the FightMetric stats after the event? Stats don't always prove everything, as we've seen countless times. Phone Post

Haven't seen the stats. Are you saying Diaz threw and landed more strikes, got more takedowns, controlled the octagon, displayed more effective grappling?

I just want it to be clear who has the down syndrome in this conversation. 

3/18/13 11:59 AM
Vitor29

I was disappointed. After all the shit Diaz talked not even that could spark any kind of intensity in GSP. At no point did he try to punish or finish a fighter he was clearly dominating. He was content to pitter patter diaz on the ground and throw single strikes here and there whike standing. That's the fucking hard truth. Stop making excuses or saying "but, but diaz did nothing". Gsp was controlling the entire fight but couldn't be bothered to do anything other than phone his performance in and cruise control to the finish. I've said it a million times since the fight, gsp has lost his passion for fighting, he's only in there for a paycheque now and it shows. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:04 PM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

i wasn't disappointed.  

I thought mixed Martial Arts was + Karate, Kung Fu, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, Sambo, etc! And using these skills to defeat your opponent.

playing it safe, maintaining position, & doing just enough to stay up on the cards, so 3 other people, who are not in the fight, say you did better or more than the other guy so you win, is not mixed martial arts. Its sport fighting and taking advantage of the current judging system.
3/18/13 12:08 PM
Griffdog
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh. I keep hoping to see the killer instinct return to George but it just doesn't seem like it is going to happen. Don't get me wrong, he will continue to dominate through wrestling control and fear of TD, but I just feel that GSP could be so much more than he is.

All that talk about how George was going to his dark place and do things no one had seen before....meh. He played it safe...again. Then, after the fight, he admits that all that talk and the heat between him and Nick was all for promotion.

Very disappointing fight from both fighters, unless you only wanted to see George win and didn't care how he did it.

The only interesting and surprising part was that GSP appeared to gas after the 3rd. Didn't see that coming.
3/18/13 12:09 PM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - 
hubris - GSP fans who hated the "thug" Nick Diaz initially were upbeat at the fight but as soon as it hit the mat in the first and second round, instead of excitement it was just silence and dissapointment.

true story
Never going to live up to the hype. Style make fights. GSP tried, he even outstruck Diaz bu a small margin but Diaz really does not have the tools to make it a good gight. He cannot stop all the takedowns and still be offensive. He cannot close the distance fast enough and does mot have the BJJ ge to stop GSP ( only Maia potentially has).

Sorry Diaz is talented and fun to watch but he is just not an elite level MMA fighter. To many tools are missing. Phone Post

and the opposite, GSP has all the skills and tools, but is not fun watch most of the time.

fans are basically paying to see GSP take a guy out of his game, keep dominant position or up on the cards and get a decision.
3/18/13 12:09 PM
ausgepicht

ausgepicht -
ausgepicht -
suess -
CapnKindBud - 
suess -

i wasn't disappointed.  

Um. You are projecting.

Did you watch the actual fight or just study the FightMetric stats after the event? Stats don't always prove everything, as we've seen countless times. Phone Post

Haven't seen the stats. Are you saying Diaz threw and landed more strikes, got more takedowns, controlled the octagon, displayed more effective grappling?

I just want it to be clear who has the down syndrome in this conversation. 

If you actually read any of my other posts instead of trying to be the witty one, you would see that I have already stated that GSP won the MMA match. He is very effective at not actually fighting.

As the illiterate one, I would say you're a lot closer to a Sarah Palin baby than I am Phone Post

So we are back to the fact that you have a funny definition of what fighting means. Thanks for the evidence.

Illiterate? You forgot a period at the end of your sentence. 

Have a nice day!

3/18/13 12:11 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I admit I was disappointed.

Not in the outcome, but I was really hoping GSP's first finish in a while would be over Nick Diaz.

I would have loved if he could have submitted him when he had his back early in the fight.

It was definitely an anti-climax after the fantastic fight by Condit and Hendricks.
3/18/13 12:12 PM
John Nic

GSP is just making money and has little killer instinct left. He's still a phenomenal athlete and correctly ranked as #3 P4P. If he was so terrible, someone would have beaten him by now. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:15 PM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waiting for a rebuttal.... Phone Post
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I can't understand is why people are blaming GSP for the lack of excitement in this fight.

GSP had his worst showing. He was gassing early and was watching the clock a lot. This was a fight Diaz could have won. There was not much from Diaz.

Big fan of both. Will always be a big fan of both. Im disappointed they both looked like crap. Fact is if one deserves more criticism its Diaz. The simple reason is he was the challenger and didn't fight like he wanted to win. That is something I've never seen from Diaz. There was hardly any shit talking during the fight and the pressure he normally brings was almost non existent.

Both guys disappointed. No if and buts about it. Phone Post
MMARAIDER

Im a Fan of both, getting fed up with GSP`s style, going into the fight was hoping he would lose
3/18/13 12:16 PM
UGSlapshot

true story
I don't care how he still won. /end thread Phone Post
3/18/13 12:17 PM
CLINTK9

kevsh - Of course I would have loved to see Nick take more of a beating, but I'd be a lot more disappointed if I was a Diaz fan, he showed absolutely nothing for 25 minutes. No desire to take the title, no sense of urgency, just seemed content to let Georges beat on him.

Put it this way, GSP has delivered far more for his fans in his fights than his opponents have. Diaz, Kos, BJ Penn, Hughes, Fitch, Shields, Condit and Hardy fans all felt worse after their guy fought GSP than GSP fans did.

"No desire to take the title, no sense of urgency, just seemed content to let Georges beat on him"

so a guy does this, and GSP STILL Cant finish him? No I'm more dissapointed with one of the GOATS who has 7 decisions in his last 8 fights.

Yes, Nick didnt do shit, which should have been all the more reason GSP could have and should have put a beating on him.

Diaz is one of my favs, but If GSP used his Karate, Superman punches, and Killer GnP and beat Nick's ass so bad he taps like a bitch, I'm a happy Fan paying my $60! Remember GSP is the GREAT WW and Diaz was the guy with no top 10 wins who GSP fans say didnt even deserve the shot. AND GSP Talked all that shit about Nick and how he was gonna beat his ass, and we get side to side position control. Its also hard to hit a guy who jabs and jumps back 2 ft and at any sign of movement by Diaz (watch 1st 3 rounds again). he got in the pocket some later, but would clinch or go for TD pretty quick.
3/18/13 12:19 PM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot - 

true story
I don't care how he still won. /end thread Phone Post

Oh look, the guy who decides when threads end has entered the room...........and ended the thread. Seems you might be losing your powers bud.

3/18/13 12:20 PM
Nexuscrawlers
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX - Blanketing sucks.

If you can't advance position on top, there should be a stalling call or this sport will suffer.

under pride rules there wouldnt have been a yellow card for stalling. idk waht fight you watched, but there wasnt any stalling going on. there was some ground action, and Nick did a good job defending and trying to keep gsp tied up, but i didnt see any "stalling" in this fight.

3/18/13 12:21 PM
Masakyst
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's harder to finish a fighter who is being fully defensive, just trying to survive. Especially Nick Diaz, dude has an iron chin and an impenetrable ground game. You can't really be surprised that GSP wasn't the first guy ever to finish Nick.

If Nick had been a little more offensive, GSP might have found that opening for a finish. But it takes two people to fight, and GSP was the only one fighting.
3/18/13 12:22 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Diaz Fanboys Silver Lining Journey Continues

As a GSP fan, I wasnt that thrilled about his performance. He didnt really deliver.

As a Diaz fan, I was lessed thrilled about his. He completely failed to deliver.

Conclusion: I was more disappointed in Diaz than GSP.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.