UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Even die hard GSP fans were dissapointed

3/18/13 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - ^ GSP sure did more of his part than Diaz did.

Diaz fanboys are just continuing to scrape up some silver lining somewhere, anywhere.

Diaz fans excuse whenever Nick loses is that his opponent "didnt really fight him" and if they had, they would have lost.

This is the biggest Ostrich with it's head in the sand viewpoint among any hardcore MMA fans.

It's even worse then the "BJ would have won if he was motivated" crowd.

Nick has a couple major holes in his game, which good fighters have exploited. B level and lower fighters are not able to, and Nick looks dominant over them.

This "it didnt count because his opponent wasn't really fighting him" is a bullshit cop out.
3/18/13 12:49 PM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX - 

Diaz fanboys are just continuing to scrape up some silver lining somewhere, anywhere.

Hey people defended Jon Fitch's blanket as well, until he lost a couple...

When was the last time GSP blanketed anybody to victory?

Diaz? nope
Condit? nope
Shields? nope
Koscheck? nope
Hardy? nope
Alvez? ok maybe, after tearing his groin
Penn? nope
Serra? nope
Hughes? nope
3/18/13 12:56 PM
semtex0809
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True Phone Post
3/18/13 1:05 PM
Silverball
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - 
MaliceX - 

Diaz? nope
Condit? nope
Shields? nope
Koscheck? nope
Hardy? nope
Penn? nope
Serra? nope
Hughes? nope

GSP mixes it up more than Fitch ever did. That said, he blanketed Diaz, Condit, Hardy, and Alvez at various points during their fights. Once he feels in control, like against Penn, you start to see other aspects of his game, especially striking, but against Condit and Diaz, he tested the waters after establishing early dominance, then decided to go back to takedowns, especially in the Condit fight. Dude is smart.
3/18/13 1:09 PM
UncleGrappler
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really wanted GSP to finish Diaz, but we all know that doesn't fit his style, unfortunately. As much GSP criticism is going around, one would think objectively and ask "what did Nick do?" He had nothing but trash-talk and bush-league behavior for GSP. He was outclassed, outskilled, and out-everything'ed. Nick was sucessfull only in showing up, talking trash, and getting paid. Who knows? Maybe that's all he inteded to do.
3/18/13 1:13 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anybosy who watches playgound brawls expects the much bigger kid to win by laying atop the smaller kid. i dont understand how anyone could be either shocked or dissapointed in what has been a trend in the post nhb
"weight classe" era.
3/18/13 1:17 PM
da Vinci 81
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 - I was disappointed In gsp's performance only because it's the first time I've actually seen signs of him slowing down. His cardio, timing, and explosiveness all looked as bad as I've ever seen. Phone Post
He also showed signs of improvement too!...

His clock checking skills reached a new level IMHO. Phone Post
Still butthurt over making yourself out to look like a retard the other day I see.

Get over it, I'm sure it won't be the last time. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:17 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  If you're a true fan of GSP, I don't know how you can really get disappointed with this victory. He's been avoiding any actual fighting and has been doing this fucking point-fighting shit since he got ktfo by Matt Serra.

He is the shining example of why MMA doesn't prove who the better fighter is. If you're a GSP fan, you should know this, so why the fuck are you disappointed, GSP fans? Phone Post

i'm not.  are you disappointed in Nick for stalling and turtling on the ground and not doing a damn thing when the fight was on the feet?  i sure hope so.  GSP did plenty to make that a fight and diaz was happy just to survive.  

Stalling? It goes both ways. Why didn't GSP do anything when he could have taken Diaz's back? Oh yea, because Diaz turtles and gives his back up to set up reversals. Good thing GSP has a better ability recognizing this than you. There was a lot more going than what met the eye when it seemed either party was stalling.

Does GSP fight conservative? Yes. Was that fight boring? Yes. Was it what I expected? Yes. Was it GSP's fault? No. Was it Diaz's fault? No.

Hard for GSP to make it exciting when he cant stop Diaz's defense on the ground and hard for Diaz to make it exciting when all he can do is defend on the ground.

Styles made this fight predictable and boring. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:21 PM
donkey guard
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You try finishing nick Diaz Phone Post
3/18/13 1:28 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 - I was disappointed In gsp's performance only because it's the first time I've actually seen signs of him slowing down. His cardio, timing, and explosiveness all looked as bad as I've ever seen. Phone Post

Still butthurt over making yourself out to look like a retard the other day I see.

Huh what? No sir, unlike your obsessed childish ass, I am not clinging to semantic errors from another thread.

Its okay to be such a fanboi of a fighter who looks to win rounds instead of finish fights. Just embrace it. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:28 PM
CLINTK9
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor29 - 
Wasa-B -
mmavixen - 

I'm a fan of both guys, though I was rooting for Diaz.

It definitely wasn't the beatdown GSP promised and I'll levae it at that.  He's such a great guy that I find it hard to criticize him.

Diaz also called GSP out. He got him. He did less than GSP. He did shit. GSP is getting all the shit. Diaz is whining. Diaz fanboys are whining. Not saying you are one of them but its time to move on.
Gsp is getting shit because he dominated the fight and made no attempt to finish or put a beating on diaz. He set it on cruise control and coasted to the decision. That's why he's getting shit from as a gsp fan. Phone Post

Yep. at some point when you know there is only 25 minutes to fight you have to turn it up and go for something, UNLESS Your content with riding to a decision win. but when your conrner tells you only one more round to go keep doing what your doing, you know what the intentions are. and that shit ROBS fans of Dream fight MANY payed big money for. Diaz all flat footed and not doin shit didnt help, but Goerges should been that much more able to put a beating on him. and lets pretend GSP was all in Nicks face the whole time, he did alot of his bounce, jab, back away shit, so when Nick goes to move, GSP is 2 ft back. he got in the pocket in later rounds, but 1st few rounds he did alot of this, the went for a TD.
3/18/13 1:30 PM
sniper1026

Disappointed because he didn't beat down Diaz like he beat down BJ Penn or Koschek...

BUT that is to Nick Diaz's credit!!!
3/18/13 1:30 PM
Vitor29

Masakyst -
Vitor29 - 
Masakyst - It's harder to finish a fighter who is being fully defensive, just trying to survive. Especially Nick Diaz, dude has an iron chin and an impenetrable ground game. You can't really be surprised that GSP wasn't the first guy ever to finish Nick.

If Nick had been a little more offensive, GSP might have found that opening for a finish. But it takes two people to fight, and GSP was the only one fighting.
Bullshit. Fucking bullshit. Gsp wouldnt have found an opening for a finish because HE WASN'T LOOKING FOR A GODDAM FINISH. Seriously, can we just drop the shit and talk straight about this? Stop with the"diaz is hard to finish" line and let us all acknowledge the FACT that gsp at no point showed any inclination to either finish or punish Diaz. And yes, I wanted gsp to win going in to this. Phone Post

How do you know he wasn't looking for a finish? Did you forget about all the head kicks he threw while standing? He threw a lot of hard strikes on the ground. He even tried getting hooks in to take the back, possibly looking for a RNC.

A finish isn't something that a fighter can create through pure force of will alone, and you can't fairly assume he wasn't going for a finish just because he didn't get the opportunity to fully wrap his arms around Diaz's neck. There needs to be an opening somewhere. Diaz played a fully defensive game, and he's hard enough to finish as it is.

I just don't understand the outrage. It wasn't the most exciting fight we've ever seen, but GSP did his part.
I know he wasn't looking for a finish because I watched the fucking fight. Keep bullshitting yourself because you're blinded by fanboidom, but any rational person who watched that fight knows gsp did not try to finish that fight. If you can't speak honestly then just fuck off. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:36 PM
da Vinci 81
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Huh what? No sir, unlike your obsessed childish ass, I am not clinging to semantic errors from another thread.

Its okay to be such a fanboi of a fighter who looks to win rounds instead of finish fights. Just embrace it. Phone Post
That's rich someone with your post count calling anyone else on this site obsessed. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:41 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i do think gsp coulda thrown some harder shots on the ground, at the least

3/18/13 1:43 PM
Virginio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor29 -
Masakyst -
Vitor29 - 
Masakyst - It's harder to finish a fighter who is being fully defensive, just trying to survive. Especially Nick Diaz, dude has an iron chin and an impenetrable ground game. You can't really be surprised that GSP wasn't the first guy ever to finish Nick.

If Nick had been a little more offensive, GSP might have found that opening for a finish. But it takes two people to fight, and GSP was the only one fighting.
Bullshit. Fucking bullshit. Gsp wouldnt have found an opening for a finish because HE WASN'T LOOKING FOR A GODDAM FINISH. Seriously, can we just drop the shit and talk straight about this? Stop with the"diaz is hard to finish" line and let us all acknowledge the FACT that gsp at no point showed any inclination to either finish or punish Diaz. And yes, I wanted gsp to win going in to this. Phone Post

How do you know he wasn't looking for a finish? Did you forget about all the head kicks he threw while standing? He threw a lot of hard strikes on the ground. He even tried getting hooks in to take the back, possibly looking for a RNC.

A finish isn't something that a fighter can create through pure force of will alone, and you can't fairly assume he wasn't going for a finish just because he didn't get the opportunity to fully wrap his arms around Diaz's neck. There needs to be an opening somewhere. Diaz played a fully defensive game, and he's hard enough to finish as it is.

I just don't understand the outrage. It wasn't the most exciting fight we've ever seen, but GSP did his part.
I know he wasn't looking for a finish because I watched the fucking fight. Keep bullshitting yourself because you're blinded by fanboidom, but any rational person who watched that fight knows gsp did not try to finish that fight. If you can't speak honestly then just fuck off. Phone Post
Sorry to jump in the middle of your quarrel, but I agree w Vitor. To go all out for the last ten seconds of a fight doesn't mean he was doing his bestrode finish. I was the same old GSP.

The reason people have no idea "how dark he is in his head" is because he never shows that darkness in the cage.

He is a class act, a great ambassador for the sport, and super technically skilled as well as athletically gifted. But he is not a finisher.

I hope for the Hendricks fight he just comes out and says "People will see me nullify his game plan, and stay ahead of him on the scorecards by scoring points on the feet and controlling the position like I always do. People has no idea how calculating I can be in my head."

Bring back Tank Abbot and Don Frye for crying out loud. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:45 PM
Virginio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virginio -
Vitor29 -
Masakyst -
Vitor29 - 

Sorry to jump in the middle of your quarrel, but I agree w Vitor. To go all out for the last ten seconds of a fight doesn't mean he was doing his bestrode finish. I was the same old GSP.

The reason people have no idea "how dark he is in his head" is because he never shows that darkness in the cage.

He is a class act, a great ambassador for the sport, and super technically skilled as well as athletically gifted. But he is not a finisher.

I hope for the Hendricks fight he just comes out and says "People will see me nullify his game plan, and stay ahead of him on the scorecards by scoring points on the feet and controlling the position like I always do. People has no idea how calculating I can be in my head."

Bring back Tank Abbot and Don Frye for crying out loud. Phone Post
His best *to finish. *It was the same old GSP Phone Post
3/18/13 1:46 PM
Wasa-B
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge - 

Diaz fans excuse whenever Nick loses is that his opponent "didnt really fight him" and if they had, they would have lost.

This is the biggest Ostrich with it's head in the sand viewpoint among any hardcore MMA fans.

It's even worse then the "BJ would have won if he was motivated" crowd.

Nick has a couple major holes in his game, which good fighters have exploited. B level and lower fighters are not able to, and Nick looks dominant over them.

This "it didnt count because his opponent wasn't really fighting him" is a bullshit cop out.

What's even more disappointing is that Diaz has not worked on these holes even after they were exposed in the Condit fight in his striking game in addition to the other fights (Diego, Karo) where he lost via td and control. And the fact that Diaz continues to whine about it himself, bringing up Pride rules and stuff or that he's gonna retire but then comes back to say he wants a rematch and he thinks he can beat GSP even though he did shit all for 25 min. That's some weak shit.
3/18/13 1:50 PM
Bam57Bam
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huh? I am far from a GSP fan bit thought the fight was better than most of his.

Probably due to diaz. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:52 PM
Wasa-B
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball - 
Masakyst - 
MaliceX - 

Diaz? nope
Condit? nope
Shields? nope
Koscheck? nope
Hardy? nope
Penn? nope
Serra? nope
Hughes? nope

GSP mixes it up more than Fitch ever did. That said, he blanketed Diaz, Condit, Hardy, and Alvez at various points during their fights. Once he feels in control, like against Penn, you start to see other aspects of his game, especially striking, but against Condit and Diaz, he tested the waters after establishing early dominance, then decided to go back to takedowns, especially in the Condit fight. Dude is smart.

Are you saying you cannot maintain a static position for any point on the ground on top at all? Cause he Diaz he advanced and/or tried to advance position on each of those fights. With Hardy, he had a couple of near fight ending submissions of course. Against Condit and Alves, he was passing quite frequently, he just was not able to finish from there and often got put back in full guard by Condit or Alves stood back up (GSP did fight half that fight with a torn groin as well) and Alves was a beast back then too, just ask Hughes and Karo.

Static positons or "blanketting" happens in high level BJJ at times as well. Its called grappling. True blanketing is never advancing or even trying. That's not GSP.
3/18/13 1:54 PM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boring fight was boring.

3/18/13 2:05 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
Silverball - 
Masakyst - 
MaliceX - 

Diaz? nope
Condit? nope
Shields? nope
Koscheck? nope
Hardy? nope
Penn? nope
Serra? nope
Hughes? nope

Are you saying you cannot maintain a static position for any point on the ground on top at all? Cause he Diaz he advanced and/or tried to advance position on each of those fights. With Hardy, he had a couple of near fight ending submissions of course. Against Condit and Alves, he was passing quite frequently, he just was not able to finish from there and often got put back in full guard by Condit or Alves stood back up (GSP did fight half that fight with a torn groin as well) and Alves was a beast back then too, just ask Hughes and Karo.

Static positons or "blanketting" happens in high level BJJ at times as well. Its called grappling. True blanketing is never advancing or even trying. That's not GSP.

I think you are talking to a wall with some of these guys dude

Just bleed, bro.
3/18/13 2:14 PM
hubris
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Georges St-Pierre agrees with 'boring' criticism

The run of decisions has brought about criticism from fans who call the longtime champ "boring." As he has rehabbed from a knee injury over the past year, GSP has heard the criticism, and guess what? He agrees.

"I agree with the criticism," St-Pierre told The New York Post. "I want to do better. I want to give more entertainment to the fans."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.