UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zuffa will buy Invicta

3/18/13 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanielCaton
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if it's been discussed; if so, I'm sorry. 

But here is my take on the issue: A few clues are indicators.

1) Zufffa's original stance was no, lack of depth.

2) Their business model will eventually attract Invicta's top talent.

3) The upcoming female coaches and need for female depth are telling.

4) Fox, will need programing during the summer to offset low MLB ratings. (The Summer will be fight season, mark my words)

5) Rhonda is just the start of high-profile female fighters.  Sex sales, and female sex appeal will launch fighters with the goods.  Sorry, but it's true.  Fighters like bec, cat, tate,herring, etc, are going to be high sells with a male demographic.

The only reason I'm bringing it up, is the point of the upcoming TUF.  I see the clues out there, especially with FOX's needs.  Zuffa doesn't want to screw up this FOX deal, and having high profile female fighters for FOX fights will sell and big.  I'm thinking it's all but done by late 2014, Zuffa will unload a nice investment that will really push MMA mainstream.  Yes, I know it's accepted, but I'm telling you Female MMA will push it forward.  Zuffa will buy Invicta.

3/18/13 12:12 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

disagree. seems like zuffa MO has been to buy up potential competitors..pretty sure they have lost money on all of their acquisitions..... Invicta, being a small time, woman's only org that has agreed to work with, not against zuffa, is not a prime candidate...

3/18/13 12:14 PM
DanielCaton

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

disagree. seems like zuffa MO has been to buy up potential competitors..pretty sure they have lost money on all of their acquisitions..... Invicta, being a small time, woman's only org that has agreed to work with, not against zuffa, is not a prime candidate...

My point is that FOX's needs will dictate it.  They couldn't afford CBS to push the issue.  Zuffa will do this out of FOX's needs moreso, than theirs, I think anyways.

3/18/13 12:15 PM
Lobo8

Its been talked about several times before. I don't know if they will buy them though. It will come down to how many contracts Invicta has with top talent. If Ufc does buy them them they should with the purpose of operating it separately and building talent to feed into the ufc. Their isnt any legit female fighting platforms so invicta is useful as a feeder league.
3/18/13 12:21 PM
Stea1th

It's pretty obvious they are Phone Post
3/18/13 12:23 PM
Van Terminator
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think WMMA will make enough money for Zuffa to consider buying Invicta.
3/18/13 12:26 PM
bakobell

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

Did ZUFFA really lose money on WEC buy? Just an honest question. Especially considering alot of WEC talent now holds belts and/or are constantly fighting for them. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:26 PM
DanielCaton

Van Terminator - I don't think WMMA will make enough money for Zuffa to consider buying Invicta.

400k ppv buys says otherwise,  and Strikeforce Gina vs Cyborg does too.  Ratings tell the story.  Fox wants ratings, and Zuffa wants PPV.

3/18/13 12:27 PM
Nexuscrawlers
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont think they would buy it. Unless Zuffa is planning to make a full WMMA UFC and all the divisions. i imagine they will just let invicta do their thing and just borrow some of their top fighters for a few fights here and there.

the whole point Invicta started was because there were WMMA fighters lookign for fights because the major orgs that DID have WMMA only had 1-2 fights per card so WMMA fights were hard to come by. So unless Zuffa wants to own an entire womens org, i doubt they would try to buy invicta. anything less and there would jsut be another invicta springing up to fill the void and give WMMA fighters a chance to show their skills.

3/18/13 12:29 PM

DanielCaton - 

My point is that FOX's needs will dictate it.  They couldn't afford CBS to push the issue.  Zuffa will do this out of FOX's needs moreso, than theirs, I think anyways.

are u saying fox will air invicta or ufc needs to fill more cards with talent from invicta?

if the former, LOL

if the latter, no, the UFC is cutting fighters because it has too many and invicta is allowing their fighters to fight for the UFC anyways so why buy them?

3/18/13 12:31 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Van Terminator - I don't think WMMA will make enough money for Zuffa to consider buying Invicta.
This Phone Post
3/18/13 12:31 PM
BRZ

DanielCaton -
Van Terminator - I don't think WMMA will make enough money for Zuffa to consider buying Invicta.

400k ppv buys says otherwise,  and Strikeforce Gina vs Cyborg does too.  Ratings tell the story.  Fox wants ratings, and Zuffa wants PPV.

That mostly because of Ronda and Gina. None of the other women including Cyborg have that kind of draw yet. I don't see Zuffa buying Invicta FC other than taking some of their fighters. If Invicta FC had a good TV deal that might be different. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:32 PM

bakobell - 

Did ZUFFA really lose money on WEC buy? Just an honest question. Especially considering alot of WEC talent now holds belts and/or are constantly fighting for them. Phone Post

i dont know the answer for sure, but i am guessing yes...why else did they shut wec down?

3/18/13 12:43 PM
DanielCaton

DanielCaton - 

are u saying fox will air invicta or ufc needs to fill more cards with talent from invicta?

if the former, LOL

if the latter, no, the UFC is cutting fighters because it has too many and invicta is allowing their fighters to fight for the UFC anyways so why buy them?

I speaking as the UFC will need to fill more cards and fatten the divisions with talent.  I'm thinking they go 125-145 for divisions.  Fox is mandating a fight card every other week, sandwiched inbetween ppvs it's going to be crazy over the next few years.  Mainstream exposure is going to launch mma into solidified sports leagues like NFL and NBA.  The UFC will be it's own sports page.

3/18/13 12:43 PM
thatdude21601
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they keep all the weight classes I'm all for it. 105-125 is where it's at.
3/18/13 12:45 PM
bakobell

bakobell - 

i dont know the answer for sure, but i am guessing yes...why else did they shut wec down?

Because WEC was putting on way better fights than the UFC. Free fights. That were way way better as far as content was involved. Phone Post
3/18/13 12:48 PM
iamarealamerican

I'm going to be honest, I only like women mma because of 3 things:

1. The weigh ins
2. The photoshoots used to promote the fights
3. The fight itself, providing they are wearing little clothes

The whole thing is just more fap material to me honestly
3/18/13 12:48 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invicta is a good feeder, which can build up female fighters for ufc and also keep their fighters busy when they ahvent got fights during their setting up the division...dont think it will happen in the near future

3/18/13 12:49 PM

DanielCaton - 
DanielCaton - 

if the former, LOL

I speaking as the UFC will need to fill more cards and fatten the divisions with talent.  I'm thinking they go 125-145 for divisions.  Fox is mandating a fight card every other week, sandwiched inbetween ppvs it's going to be crazy over the next few years.  Mainstream exposure is going to launch mma into solidified sports leagues like NFL and NBA.  The UFC will be it's own sports page.

dana said recently with the creation of fs1 and fs2 they will not be holding more events..they will have the same pace they currently have...and currently, they have too many fighters, not too little...

3/18/13 12:56 PM
FOX Force Five
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - 

i dont think they would buy it. Unless Zuffa is planning to make a full WMMA UFC and all the divisions. i imagine they will just let invicta do their thing and just borrow some of their top fighters for a few fights here and there.

the whole point Invicta started was because there were WMMA fighters lookign for fights because the major orgs that DID have WMMA only had 1-2 fights per card so WMMA fights were hard to come by. So unless Zuffa wants to own an entire womens org, i doubt they would try to buy invicta. anything less and there would jsut be another invicta springing up to fill the void and give WMMA fighters a chance to show their skills.

I agree.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.