UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Askren: I'm 100% sure I could beat GSP

3/18/13 1:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_EnderTL
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP wouldn't even need to jab in this fight.

3/18/13 1:23 PM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know. I feel like odds are GSP would hit him good coming in, but at the same time Ben Askren normally doesn't ever stop going for the takedown. I'm not sure how GSP would deal with that. Maia would probably be similar, but idk. We have seen GSP have trouble hurting people on the feet with anything but superficial shots. Maybe someone a notch above GSP in the wrestling world could try to just bypass the striking, maybe take a couple of those superficial shots to just put constant pressure on him and out grapple him. GSP got tired on top of Diaz, I'm sure he can get tired under Maia/Askren/Hendricks. Of course I believe Hendricks can also hurt him on the feet and we know he has no problem pushing through punches in his face.
sniper1026
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Askren should fight Diaz first & see how he does...

That game plan was for Diaz, & Nick alone.

The switching of positions on the ground in anticipation of possible subs & not winding himself with punishing GnP was because of Diaz's way of fighting.

GSP used more Kyokushin Karate in than fight than he ever did in other bouts. Basically to keep Diaz out of his boxing range.

Askren ends up looking like Koschek if he ever fights GSP in his prime...
MayorPirkle
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadMon - 
MayorPirkle - 
BadMon - 
smiter - 
The Shockmaster -
Silverball - GSP would box Askren for 25 minutes. Easy prediction.

He would also take him down whenever he felt like it.
Did you see Askren and Hieron?

Also memo for you Kos, Fitch, Shields and I could go on.

What evidence do you have Askren could take him down anytime he wanted?

I know Askren has good credentials but none of the above guys got near to taking George down anytime they wanted. Phone Post

Fitch is too physically weak and so is Sheilds.   Shields is a vegetarian, this is big because those guys are usually physically weaker.   Nick and Nate are good examples.

Kos fell in love with his standup.

Askren would work for the take-down from the opening bell like a dog.  He doesn't know anythign else and i can bet you money he takes GSP down.

I will bet you money Askren could not take GSP down once in 25 minutes.

L M A O

You are delusional.  Honestly if the fight happens, I would bet you everything you own.  

If all he does is work for a TD? Gladly.
3/18/13 1:27 PM
orcus

The Shockmaster - 

Why couldn't he take down Koscheck whenever he felt like it? Or even Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, for that matter?

3/18/13 1:28 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid - 

win

3/18/13 1:28 PM
UncleDavid

Seriously, they would have to pay me to watch that "fight". GSP alone is boring enough. Put Askren in the mix and even the judges will fall asleep.
3/18/13 1:29 PM
JOESONDO
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/13 1:29 PM
I would also kick GSP's ass. If wasn't for the fact that my work has a policy against me fighting, I'd beat him or any of the guys in the UFC. I'm deadly I tell ya!
3/18/13 1:29 PM
DaleSonnen

Askren isn't horrible, but he definitely wouldnt be in the top ten in the UFC, he's having problems with guys in Bellator. Right now he's a medium sized fish in a small pound, he's not good enough yet to play in the big pond..
3/18/13 1:31 PM
TRVSDKSN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever you say Bill...

You'll never be a triumphant fighter, until you have Eddie Bravo like Jiujitsu. Phone Post
Seats Taken
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL -
The Gumball Kid - 

win

Lol Phone Post
LEKS

Billytk - LMFAO Diaz was 100% sure he could beat GSP too right up until he actually had to fight him and got his ass kicked. Too bad Bellator were too scared to sign Fitch when dana pulled the bitch move and cut him or we could see Jon beat askren at his own game and shut him up.
I wouldn't say "ass kicked". More like "beat" Phone Post
3/18/13 1:34 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because the guy is in bellator and doesnt get his name talked about all that often he call out the top ufc guys regularly.. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:35 PM
Chris27

Askren has to do something to get attention cause he sure as hell aint getting much attention with the guys he is fighting in Bellator.

3/18/13 1:39 PM
ortman166

BadMon -
MayorPirkle - 
BadMon - 
smiter - 
The Shockmaster -

Did you see Askren and Hieron?

Also memo for you Kos, Fitch, Shields and I could go on.

What evidence do you have Askren could take him down anytime he wanted?

I know Askren has good credentials but none of the above guys got near to taking George down anytime they wanted. Phone Post

Fitch is too physically weak and so is Sheilds.   Shields is a vegetarian, this is big because those guys are usually physically weaker.   Nick and Nate are good examples.

Kos fell in love with his standup.

Askren would work for the take-down from the opening bell like a dog.  He doesn't know anythign else and i can bet you money he takes GSP down.

I will bet you money Askren could not take GSP down once in 25 minutes.

L M A O

You are delusional.  Honestly if the fight happens, I would bet you everything you own.  

Me too. But I still think gsp would win. He would get taken down at least once I think Phone Post
3/18/13 1:40 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't stand Askren, but Fitch isn't outwrestling him. Fitch benefitted from facing few high level grapplers so he was able to fitch his way to wins. When he faced any decent grapplers he struggled more. Mike Pierce gave him all he could handle and many felt beat him. Erick Silva was competitive, BJ was beating him until he gassed and Maia absolutely tooled him. Fitch has shown time and time again that his TDD is lacking. Given that Askren's grappling skills are toward the higher end of those guys and anyone Fitch has faced, there's a solid chance that Askren would actually fitch Fitch.
3/18/13 1:41 PM
Bristols Jim
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 100% sure I don't want to see this fight.
3/18/13 1:44 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bristols Jim - I'm 100% sure I don't want to see this fight.
1 Phone Post
3/18/13 1:45 PM
Rudi

I like askren but i thin..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Phone Post
3/18/13 1:50 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

I'm 100 percent sure that would be the most boring fight in the history of time. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:51 PM
orcus

"I will bet you money Askren could not take GSP down once in 25 minutes."

Kos did, why wouldn't Askren? He has the better wrestling credentials.

GSP seems like he has slipped since the Kos fight as well.

Didn't Fitch get a takedown on GSP?

3/18/13 1:53 PM
Rudi

guardbr8kr - Pete Southhammer would prolly kick Askren's ass.
Thats crazy talk. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:54 PM
UGSlapshot

Underground Blog -

Askren: I'm 100% sure I could beat GSP

Ben Askren tuned into UFC 158 to see George St. Pierre's "dark side," and was apparently disappointed when it never came.

"After tonight I am 100% sure I could beat GSP. GSP is no longer an aggressive striker. He will not out wrestle or grapple me. He gets tired. Simple enough."

Undefeated Bellator Welterweight Champion Ben Askren (11-0) watched Georges St. Pierre win a unanimous decision against Nick Diaz in the main event of UFC 158 last Saturday night (March 16, 2013) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

read entire article...

Die in a fire Ben, why would we want to replace a boring fighter with a more boring fighter, lol.

And GSP would wreck him. Phone Post
3/18/13 1:55 PM
Chris27

Ben could barely beat Jay Hieron, many thought Jay beat him. Jay cant even hang in the UFC WW div.

Askren would get beat in the UFC WW div, he wouldnt even get to a title shot with GSP.

3/18/13 1:56 PM
dahosse
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid -

Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.