UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Askren: I'm 100% sure I could beat GSP

3/18/13 1:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dahosse
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRVSDKSN - Whatever you say Bill...

You'll never be a triumphant fighter, until you have Eddie Bravo like Jiujitsu. Phone Post
Win Phone Post
3/18/13 1:58 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nigga pleaseeeee Phone Post
3/18/13 2:02 PM
The Shockmaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smiter - 
The Shockmaster -
Silverball - GSP would box Askren for 25 minutes. Easy prediction.

He would also take him down whenever he felt like it.
Did you see Askren and Hieron?

Also memo for you Kos, Fitch, Shields and I could go on.

What evidence do you have Askren could take him down anytime he wanted?

I know Askren has good credentials but none of the above guys got near to taking George down anytime they wanted. Phone Post

I was saying George would take Askren down whenever he wanted to.

GSP would make him look stupid on the feet. GSP would control him on the ground. GSP would take him down at will. A silly fight not even worth considering.
3/18/13 2:04 PM
The Shockmaster

BadMon - 
MayorPirkle - 
BadMon - 
smiter - 
The Shockmaster -

Did you see Askren and Hieron?

Also memo for you Kos, Fitch, Shields and I could go on.

What evidence do you have Askren could take him down anytime he wanted?

I know Askren has good credentials but none of the above guys got near to taking George down anytime they wanted. Phone Post

Fitch is too physically weak and so is Sheilds.   Shields is a vegetarian, this is big because those guys are usually physically weaker.   Nick and Nate are good examples.

Kos fell in love with his standup.

Askren would work for the take-down from the opening bell like a dog.  He doesn't know anythign else and i can bet you money he takes GSP down.

I will bet you money Askren could not take GSP down once in 25 minutes.

L M A O

You are delusional.  Honestly if the fight happens, I would bet you everything you own.  

And you'd lose that bet.
3/18/13 2:06 PM
MayorPirkle
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/13 2:07 PM
<blockquote>orcus - <p>
<strong>"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; line- 20.796875">I will bet you money Askren could not take GSP down once in 25 minutes."</span></strong></p>
<p>
<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; line- 20.796875">Kos did, why wouldn't Askren? He has the better wrestling credentials. </span></p>
<p>
<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; line- 20.796875">GSP seems like he has slipped since the Kos fight as well.</span></p>
<p>
<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; line- 20.796875">Didn't Fitch get a takedown on GSP?</span></p></blockquote><br /> Kos is a threat on the feet. Askren isn't. What was presented was Askren would work for the TD from the opening bell. If GSP knows Askren is going solely for TD's, no way he gets him down. He wouldn't have time, GSP would have him on his ass in no time.
3/18/13 2:08 PM
The Shockmaster

orcus - 
The Shockmaster - 

Why couldn't he take down Koscheck whenever he felt like it? Or even Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, for that matter?

He did take those guys down whenever he felt like it. LOL @ using Condit as an example. GSP took him down on 8 of 9 attempts.
3/18/13 2:08 PM
JerodR
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess this would be the reason why it pays for people to actually want to see you fight. No way Askren ever signs with the UFC with the way he is now. He will talk about beating the big boys while he is in the small pond because he knows it will never happen. The reality is that he will never get the chance, and certainly GSP's legacy will live long after he is gone. Everyone thinks they can out wrestle GSP until they get in the cage with him. Askren is just another guy who thinks he can do something he will never do.
3/18/13 2:10 PM
MayorPirkle
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only against Diaz did he struggle at all, and those were sloppy shots, very un-GSP like. Something was off on saturday, that or he's pulling a Kos and stopped training his wrestling, but I doubt that.
3/18/13 2:11 PM
TEX4N
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
Bristols Jim - I'm 100% sure I don't want to see this fight.
1 Phone Post
2 Phone Post
3/18/13 2:12 PM
TEX4N
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/18/13 2:13 PM
Rudi

TEX4N -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
Bristols Jim - I'm 100% sure I don't want to see this fight.
1 Phone Post
2 Phone Post
3 Phone Post
3/18/13 2:17 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

The Shockmaster -
orcus - 
The Shockmaster - 

Why couldn't he take down Koscheck whenever he felt like it? Or even Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, for that matter?

He did take those guys down whenever he felt like it. LOL @ using Condit as an example. GSP took him down on 8 of 9 attempts.
Conditions was a bad example, but also a bad example because he isn't in the same realm of wrestling as Ben askren.

Gsp still would have issues taking him down, and certainly keeping him there. Don't pretend gsp wouldn't do everything in his power to stand with Ben. Phone Post
3/18/13 2:25 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two things;

1. I don't know that GSP could take down Ben or not.

2. It wouldn't matter because he would stuff Ben and box him up for 5 rounds.

3/18/13 2:27 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator will never let go of you Ben, your stuck like chuck bc UFC won't be ponying up the extra doe for you Phone Post
3/18/13 2:29 PM
Chris27

ShoreBreaker420 -  Bellator will never let go of you Ben, your stuck like chuck bc UFC won't be ponying up the extra doe for you Phone Post

This.

I dont see the UFC breaking the bank for Askren, anything they offer Bellator will be able to match.

Unless Askren really goes on a run of exciting fights smashing the shit out people and really talks shit and hypes himself up I dont see the uFC really caring about him.

I would rather they go after Chandler and Curran.
3/18/13 2:33 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/18/13 2:33 PM
ExtremeStriker

LOL
3/18/13 2:34 PM
orcus

The Shockmaster - 
orcus - 
The Shockmaster - 

He certainly did not take Kos down whenever he wanted. 4 out of 9 on takedown attempts, was never able to keep Kos down for more than a few seconds. Kos went 1 for 4. Condit, my bad, I mis-remembered. Nick stopped like 5 or 6 of his takedowns so that's certainly not "whenever he felt like it". Fitch stuffed a couple and even got one of his own. 

Askren is 2x NCAA Champion, 4x finalist, 4x All-American, #3 all-time Div I pins list, made the Olympic team, gold in Pan-Ams and US Championship. It's absurd to think GSP would "take him down whenever he felt like it" or that Askren would not get a takedown of his own.

3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship, not the Ultimate WRESTLING Championship.

Sorry Askren, we don't want to se you "fight", to me you're not a mixed martial artist and it's sad that the rule set allows you to "win".

Yes, I agree with Diaz on this one.

rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 100% sure I can....ZzzzZzzzZzzz.... Phone Post
3/18/13 2:37 PM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 03/18/13 2:37 PM
I am 100% sure Askren is an idiot.

I'm also 100% sure his boring ass will NEVER get signed to the UFC no matter who he thinks he can beat.
3/18/13 2:38 PM
rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
The Shockmaster - 
orcus - 
The Shockmaster - 

He certainly did not take Kos down whenever he wanted. 4 out of 9 on takedown attempts, was never able to keep Kos down for more than a few seconds. Kos went 1 for 4. Condit, my bad, I mis-remembered. Nick stopped like 5 or 6 of his takedowns so that's certainly not "whenever he felt like it". Fitch stuffed a couple and even got one of his own. 

Askren is 2x NCAA Champion, 4x finalist, 4x All-American, #3 all-time Div I pins list, made the Olympic team, gold in Pan-Ams and US Championship. It's absurd to think GSP would "take him down whenever he felt like it" or that Askren would not get a takedown of his own.

I'm with my best friend orcus on this one.

I think it's highly likely Askren could take down GSP. Be interesting to see as well because I can't even remember the last time I saw GSP fighting off his back.

That said if GSP mixes up his striking and shots he may perplex Askren a bit more than the average opponent.

Maybe the wrestling negates and we get a crappy kickboxing match which GSP dominates. Phone Post
3/18/13 2:39 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets name things that are more exciting than that match-up. I'll start.

Watching Grass Grow
3/18/13 2:40 PM
ShoreBreaker420

Jerking off to grass growing Phone Post
3/18/13 2:43 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockwell -
orcus -
The Shockmaster - 
orcus - 
The Shockmaster - 

I'm with my best friend orcus on this one.

I think it's highly likely Askren could take down GSP. Be interesting to see as well because I can't even remember the last time I saw GSP fighting off his back.

That said if GSP mixes up his striking and shots he may perplex Askren a bit more than the average opponent.

Maybe the wrestling negates and we get a crappy kickboxing match which GSP dominates. Phone Post
IIRC, he was on his back briefly in both Koscheck fights, and in the Alves fight after being reversed. Only ones I remember from his current championship run Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.