UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: the ultimate mma point scorer!

3/19/13 5:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pink Impala -  Oh my gosh, shut up. He's so dominant.

Excuse my sarcasm Phone Post

and the crying continues. I never knew a person had some many tears.

3/19/13 5:18 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fishyfish - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
fishyfish -

GSP is not a big finisher, and anyways the top guys are (generally) harder to finish, or else they wouldn't be top guys.

but to call GSP's last fight "fighting for points" is Ultimate Noobness.

he deliberately chose to stop taking Nick down and controlling him, which he was doing with NO PROBLEM AT ALL, to box a little with Nick.  that's a risk GSP took, for his own experience, and for the fans.

so calling him a point fighter, in reference to his last fight, shows great ignorance.

I respectfully disagree with your post, and find it silly you would call anyone who disagrees ignorant.

GSP was getting stuffed on many of his takedowns later in the fight. He had no choice but to stand in many instances. He certainly was not looking to finish the fight often at all. Phone Post

sorry, maybe only some of you are ignorant, and the rest are just blind or retarded.  no offense.

LOL @ GSP getting stuffed on his takedowns.  he just didn't commit to them after the second round because he had no difficulty at all doing them in the 1st and second round, and didn't feel he was is any danger.  I was there live, about 30 feet away, could see the whites of his eyes.  once GSP established he could have his way with Nick at will, he chose to stand with Nick here and there, to make it fun for him and the fans, instead of constantly bringing it to the ground.  he stood by choice.  watch the fight again, especially the 1st and second rounds.

as for finishing, GSP just isn't a great finisher, and Diaz is hard to finish.  period.

I love GSP and I've been defending him a ton since the fight, but are you really trying to say Nick didn't start stuffing GSP's takedowns in the later rounds? Some were obvious stuffs where Nick was able to keep his balance or sprawl. On top of that, GSP admits he started gassing in the 3rd, which partially explains why he was having less success.
3/19/13 8:22 AM
Pink Impala
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
Pink Impala -  Oh my gosh, shut up. He's so dominant.

Excuse my sarcasm Phone Post

and the crying continues. I never knew a person had some many tears.

Loyalty. Phone Post
3/19/13 9:44 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

fishyfish -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
fishyfish -

GSP is not a big finisher, and anyways the top guys are (generally) harder to finish, or else they wouldn't be top guys.

but to call GSP's last fight "fighting for points" is Ultimate Noobness.

he deliberately chose to stop taking Nick down and controlling him, which he was doing with NO PROBLEM AT ALL, to box a little with Nick.  that's a risk GSP took, for his own experience, and for the fans.

so calling him a point fighter, in reference to his last fight, shows great ignorance.

I respectfully disagree with your post, and find it silly you would call anyone who disagrees ignorant.

GSP was getting stuffed on many of his takedowns later in the fight. He had no choice but to stand in many instances. He certainly was not looking to finish the fight often at all. Phone Post

sorry, maybe only some of you are ignorant, and the rest are just blind or retarded.  no offense.

LOL @ GSP getting stuffed on his takedowns.  he just didn't commit to them after the second round because he had no difficulty at all doing them in the 1st and second round, and didn't feel he was is any danger.  I was there live, about 30 feet away, could see the whites of his eyes.  once GSP established he could have his way with Nick at will, he chose to stand with Nick here and there, to make it fun for him and the fans, instead of constantly bringing it to the ground.  he stood by choice.  watch the fight again, especially the 1st and second rounds.

as for finishing, GSP just isn't a great finisher, and Diaz is hard to finish.  period.

Ahhhh yes so now GSP didn't really get stuffed by Diaz. Gsp was intentionally throwing sloppy td attempts and wanted to be stuffed....all part of his plan....

I think its clear who the retarded one is. Phone Post
3/20/13 8:24 AM
Da Ghost

knuckleballs - Edgar, Stout, Fitch are WAY more point fighters than GSP.

GSP has stopped Serra and Penn in recent memory and a ton of guys earlier in his UFC career.

Those other guys rarely has stopped anyone.

GSP should get more leniency in this criticism, for he only fights the top of the food chain, and the top of the food chain is much harder to finish. I mean, who else finishes condit and diaz, for example? This is not easy to do. Nor, is beating those guys 50-45. Even in his decision wins, he usually beats the snot out of the other guys. The Fitch fight was one of the worst beat downs i ever saw....
Sure Fitch was trying to finish BJ in the 3rd round Phone Post
3/20/13 9:09 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

I am the biggest GSP fan on the UG and I admit Diaz stopped a few of his takedowns after the 3rd round or so and this had me worried. I didn't like GSPs cardio and thought he just felt like it wasn't worth the effort to fight Diaz to put him on the ground because it would take too much out of him and if he failed after trying his hardest it would make him a sitting duck on his feet. So he probably decided to give in a little early on the attempts but Nick certainly had great body control and was making it hard for him.

What I would like to know is, at what point did Diaz go for the finish or throw any kill shots standing? About half the fight took place standing and it wasn't like GSP was running, he was using his jab and leg kicking and overall outstriking Diaz on the feet. When was the last time someone went for the finish on GSP? Shouldn't we be criticizing the guys who are down 3 rounds to 0 for not being aggressive, knowing they need a finish? Not the guy who has a big lead, unless he is running or stalling which I saw none of in his last couple of fights
3/20/13 9:45 AM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fishyfish - 

blind loyalty.

I'm just saying GSP's "stuffed" takedown attempts were half-hearted, not because he didn't have faith in them, but because he had faith he could return to that strategy pretty much anytime he wanted (as he did), and in the meantime CHOSE to stand and trade a little with Nick.  for his own amusement, for the fans, and to prove he could.

anyhow it was obvious to me, and I'm a fan of both fighters equally.  Nick had pretty much nothing for GSP.  if he'd wanted to, GSP could have spent 23 and a half minutes laying on top of Nick.  if he didn't, it's cause he knew a lot of fans would bitch and be disappointed.  in my eyes, standing with Nick was "a gift for the fans".  and folks are still bitching, or claiming suddenly Nick pulled out UFC-leading takedown defense.  unbelievable.  but believable, given the prevalence of mental retardation and blindness among UGers.  hear me now and believe me later.

now watch GSP soon use those exact words, and people will not believe him.  cause bitches don't know SH*T.

wow an 11 second gift! WOOOOOOLF TICKETS!
3/20/13 9:48 AM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP was looking to win safely. But at what point did Nick really try to go for it? His corner was begging him to increase the pace and all he did was taunt GSP rather than go after him. Nick can talk about Condits running all he wants but against GSP, Condit was kill or be killed

3/20/13 12:03 PM
eljamaiquino
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL -
Da Ghost -  Is stopping this guy by sub or KO the only way to beat him?

I am trying to think of a way a fighter could out score and it seems impossible.

His style is so well suited for mma scoring!

He hasn't dropped a round in like forever... I feel like I'd almost be more impressed with a dominant decision win over GSP than a stoppage. Phone Post

I agree. It was a huge shock when Serra KO'd GSP. Everyone assumed they underestimated Serra and he was a lot better than they thought. But GSP regained his strap and as time went on, it became more and more obvious that GSP fucked up more than Serra did well. And no disrespect to Serra, I was and am a huge Serra fan.

It seems like the only way to beat GSP is to get in that one good shot that finishes the fight, because when it comes down to who did better overall, GSP is going to win everytime.

Serra used a special strategy that GSP adapted to the second time around. Phone Post
3/20/13 12:11 PM
richit

Yay, another thread that cements GSP's dominance legacy in the UFC. AWESOME! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.