UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fox: I shouldn't have to disclose former sex

3/18/13 3:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Transgendered female fighter Fallon Fox recently appeared on AXS TV's "Inside MMA" and made some controversial statements.

"I don't believe a transgender fighter should have to disclose her personal medical history to other female fighters before they fight," said Fox. "It's simply for the reason the medical community and the scientific community have come to the consensus that post-operative transsexual fighters who have been on hormone-replacement therapy and testosterone suppression, when they're going from male to female, haven't been found to have any physiological advantages over other women.

"So why should we have to disclose our personal medical history?"

"Some fighters have already said they would not want to fight me. I think that's because they're scared, No. 1, because I'm pretty good. Or they might just have a bias or they might just be a hate-filled person who doesn't want to touch me or whatever. But I don't want to fight those people anyway because they're scared, so what kind of fight would that be?" 

3/18/13 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ted Waltner
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mental Phone Post
3/18/13 3:40 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheaterrr. Anyone else find it funny that she has bigger shoulders and arms than cyborg? Phone Post
3/18/13 3:41 PM
PINKsinglet
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she is setting back the transgender community and doing it far more harm than good

3/18/13 3:43 PM
FanToFighter
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give it up, DUDE!! Phone Post
3/18/13 3:43 PM
kinson

Why is this whole thing a point of discussion? He's a he. End of story. Phone Post
3/18/13 3:44 PM
bekk46

PINKsinglet -

she is setting back the transgender community and doing it far more harm than good

. Phone Post
bekk46

kinson - Why is this whole thing a point of discussion? He's a he. End of story. Phone Post
. Phone Post
RickStorm
1616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/13 3:45 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Sometimes if it quacks like a duck..... It aint no duck

I agree with the consenses.. He shouldnt be fighting in the female division

ABE FROMAN

PINKsinglet - 

How so? S(h)e only speaks for herself.

bekk46

^ /thread. Phone Post
3/18/13 3:51 PM
Raezor19

So in the pre fight medicals they just do a XY chromosome check and they don't have to ask " Hey, do you or did you at any time have a dick" ?

3/18/13 3:51 PM
JoeVIP
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He shouldn't be allowed to fight women period. Phone Post
3/18/13 3:52 PM
soliak
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/18/13 3:54 PM
UGCTT_Pervert
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/13 4:02 PM
Having the opinion that she shouldn't be allowed to fight other women is a position that I appreciate. I can certainly see where those people are coming from with that argument.

However, it's unnecessary to refer to Fallon Fox as "He".

This should remain as a discussion regarding the legitimacy of the potential physiological advantage this may present, not berating and disrespecting a persons life choice.
3/18/13 3:54 PM
HexRei

JoeVIP  -  He shouldn't be allowed to fight women period. Phone Post

Wow I hadn't even considered that. What if a chick's fight did end up being scheduled during her menstruation? all that straining and struggling, even the most powerful and absorbent tampon may have trouble containing the flood.

tim sylvia would probably be pleased that has embarrassment was finally overshadowed if it happened.
3/18/13 3:55 PM
Blue Flame Special
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at speaking on behalf of the entire scientific community.

I can't believe this is even being debated.
3/18/13 3:56 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1013 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hate this man chic Phone Post
3/18/13 3:56 PM
Raezor19

Edited: 03/18/13 3:58 PM
UGCTT_Pervert - Having the opinion that she shouldn't be allowed to fight other women is a position that I appreciate. I can certainly see where those people are coming from with that argument.

However, the people who insist on referring to Fallon Fox as "HE" are exactly what's wrong with (hopefully a minority of) MMA fans.

It reaffirms the mainstreams opinion of the MMA community as skin headed, skull and pitbull t-shirt wearing, uneducated mouth breathers.

This should remain as a discussion regarding the legitimacy of the potential physiological advantage this may present, not berating and disrespecting a persons life choice.

XX = Girl

XY = Boy

Where is the arguement ????

Has less to do with dicks and vag....

Genetics...

3/18/13 3:57 PM
kevsh
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/13 3:57 PM

Wow, WAY too much attention being given to a modestly-skilled fighter who thus far has been notable only because she was one a he.

I'll file this story under "Who Cares" with all the others about Fox and move along now.

3/18/13 3:58 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So...if you believe someone who was born a man should not be able to fight women, you are "hate-filled". Hahaha, okay then. 

3/18/13 3:59 PM
Herbish1
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No organization should hire him, no athletic commission should license him. It's not discrimination, it's a choice you made. If you want to fight, fight guys like yourself. Phone Post
rundymc

JoeVIP  -  He shouldn't be allowed to fight women period. Phone Post

This.

Inclusion is great, but the fact of the matter is she spent most of her life with a working pair of testicles. Her bone structure is that of a man. She has the hands of a man.

YES there are women out there that have male characteristics. Hell I bet there are women out there more man-like than Cyborg and all-natural.

BUT by allowing this we are allowing men to go through a sex change and fight as women, which from a logical standpoint is the equivalent of allowing PED use... except exponentially more extreme.
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/18/13 4:00 PM
Dawggy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shims shouldn't be fighting in any division unless they fight other shims. You can change hormone levels but bone structures are 4 lyfe. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.